An alien, coop, game of survival with strategic rpg elements. Character classes with leveling and other multiplayer gameplay modes.
EDIT 1: I've posted some images near the bottom of the page so you can get an idea of the kind of quality you'll find in the graphics packs I'll give you with a pledge.
The Earth: An All You Can Eat Buffet
Might have a cheesy name, but the game-play is fun and challenging. It takes a setting on earth where humankind is fighting a battle of survival. Our hero engages in a plethora of mission based battles to gain skill, power, and rank. A list of game features are below: (click for official site)
- The Engine: I'm making this game with Game Maker, which has easy porting solutions for mac, android, and other devices. I hope to bring this game to other platforms if successful in windows.
- Real-Time Build: At anytime and anywhere you are able to build unique structures and summons during your play. Increased game difficulty only allows the player to earn more command points and ultimately summon base defenses and turrets.
- Coop & Class play: Currently there are two classes to choose from with unique skills. The "Commander" can summon troops and launch missiles + 6 more abilities, while the "Engineer" builds turrets and drops ammo + 6 other skills.
- Rank System: The rank system is more than just, "You've graduated from Noob to Recruit". You also gain universal skills, different from real-time build, that make surviving easier and more interesting.
- Mission Objectives and Replay Value: You choose a mission and progress down a campaign map. Harder difficulties, coop, and other game-play modes add to the replay value.
- Top Down Shooter: Played in eagle eye perspective, you have a good overview of the battlefield and your troops.
- Weapon Selection: Pick up a variety of weapons with ever increasing power. Two types available. Energy (recharge) & physical (ammo) based weapons.
- Revive & Repair: Playing coop will allow you both to reconstruct each other from bones to full heath. Your equipped torch will allow you to repair your base walls and structures.
- Vehicles & Power: Yes, there are some vehicles, and you can run over things. Electricity from generators is necessary to power doors and objects like an electric fence.
What Funding Will Do
The required funding will help me finish the game. If I go beyond current funding, I'll be able to do the following things:
- Extend Gameplay Modes: The gameplay in "The Earth:.."is so flexible that I can literally add dozens of unique gameplay types. The funding I receive will be the deciding factor in what I include. This could be a battle-mode, playing the campaign as the alien bugs, even a map editor, or TONS & TONS OF WEAPONS! It takes time to do all these things, and I've already burnt a lot of time out of my wallet.
- Custom Soundtrack: I know an artist that's really good with digital music. I'd like to outsource a soundtrack from him for my game.
- Device Porting/Building: I've played with the idea of making this an Xbox Live/Sony multiplayer experience. Players join in as Weapon Wielding Humans or Mutating Alien Bugs, and fight for domination. I don't have the monetary means to explore this option, but I already have some programmers I'm talking with that are interested in making it for Xbox Live.
- Advertisement/Distribution: Unfortunately, this also costs a lot of time and money
Besides receiving the game, you get some support from a community site I run and some graphics. I'll explain some of these rewards below:
- Royalty Free 2D Graphics: Look at the samples below to get an idea of the "Quality" of graphics you'd receive by supporting my kickstarter. You may receive other creations. This Facebook Gallery Page, has more images you can look at. The graphic packs will be sent out before the official release of the game.
- Support for Your Games: I like to help promote indie games that people make at Roencia Game Creators. A site for the little guy =). I also use my Facebook, Twitter and YouTube channel to promote indie games.
- Personal Creative Content:
I have available slots for adding more weapons, a map editor, and the infamous cry of death. Send in your recorded voice of doom, and watch your character suffer in a familiar voice while dieing in a variety of ways.
Showing your support will also get your face into the game. Send me a front and side view picture of your face and watch the two main characters in the gameget a facial treatment.
Two different packs of graphics containing 1000's of images are available for those who pledge. Depending on the tribute you'll get space, rpg, platform, maze, racing, and a few other genre's with animations included.
I'm getting this tested on the lowest requirement computer in the house. There can be literally 100's of alien bugs on the screen at the same time. I hope to have this running on your machine with as little to no lag as possible.
- OS: Windows (XP/Vista/7), MacOS, or Linux
- Processor: 1.5ghz processor
- Memory: 128 MB
- 1024×768 or greater screen resolution with 16-bit or 32-bit colors
- DirectX 8 compatible graphics card with at least 64MB of video memory
- DirectX 8 compatible sound card
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
For this small donation we'll give you a free copy of the game when it is released for windows, or the other devices it supports.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
With my community site, I can offer services of advertising your released games. * Includes all previous rewardsEstimated delivery:
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
For this donation we'll give you a large pack of graphics to use in making your own games, royalty free. (They're really good) * Includes all previous rewardsEstimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (10 left of 10)
Be one of ten people to include your Scream of Death into the game. "Oh the acid, it burns!!!" Your cry will be heard randomly during a players death, or the death of one of your commanding units. * Includes all previous rewardsEstimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (10 left of 10)
These people will get to suggest new weapons I will make for the game. Can you imaging how many weapons will be in this game if I fill all these slots. * Includes game and graphic packEstimated delivery:
Pledge $150 or moreYou selected
As my way of helping you at the same time, you will get an even larger pack of 2D graphics in various game types to help you in making your Kickstarter game. Value worth well over the pledge. * Includes game and earlier graphics packEstimated delivery:
Pledge $250 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (5 left of 5)
Help design a new level that will be available in the "Objective Missions" mode. Will it take place in a cave or the desert? What is your directive? Will you start with a base, or be wandering around with just a pistol? * Includes game and graphic packsEstimated delivery:
Pledge $1,000 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (2 left of 2)
Thousands of people will see your face as you become one of the two face-set characters for gamers to play as. Imagine you and your friend playing coop in the game with your faces. lol! We'll give you a look to complement the current character design. * Includes game and graphic packsEstimated delivery:
Pledge $5,000 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (1 left of 1)
I wasn't going to, but if you pledge this much, I'll make a map editor for the game. You'll be able to craft your own levels of madness and survive them. * Includes game and graphic packsEstimated delivery:
- (30 days)