With a love of Islam,ART,writing & an odd imagination,help me to turn my artwork into art prints & greeting cards.
My name is Creed-Gee. I'm an artist, a Muslim woman, a writer & a student. I'm seeking funding to successfully launch my art work to the public via Etsy & my website, www.creedgee.com
(GO AHEAD,TAKE A LOOK).
I make one of a kind art with an Islamic perspective on life, that's fused with highly relatable subject matter that we can all appreciate or laugh at. All of my art will have a postage stamp theme. I've incorporated the edges of a postage stamp into each design, tied to the fact that I dream of one day having my artwork featured on a postage stamp by the United States Postal Service.
But in the meantime, here's where I stand:
I've already designed my website & posted my artwork up at www.creedgee.com. Unfortunately, due to the lack of funds as a returning college student, my art work hasn't seen the light of day. So currently,my website is like a beautiful city with no inhabitants. But with your generous support this can change. With the funding of $1,200 I'll be able to successfully launch my artwork in the form of art prints & greeting cards. I just need the following supplies to make it happen:
- a Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II Photo Printer $499.99 (to professionally print my art prints & greeting cards)
- additional Canon CLI-8 Black and Color Ink Cartridges, 4/Pack $56.99
- archival paper & cardstock ($40.00-$80.00)
- protective art print sleeves (1 pack of 100 for $21.00)
- backing boards (for safely mailing my art to buyers) / 4 packs of 25 for $18.50
- business cards(for self promotion of my art)
- website renewal fees $188.00 /yr (including the fees to set up my website store for online purchases)
- Etsy .20 cent per listing & 3.5% selling fees(to sell from my Etsy shop,ARTbyCreedGee)
- Kickstarter 5% fee & Amazon 3-5% credit card processing fee
- BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY: SHIPPING COSTS FOR THE ARTWORK SENT TO MY BACKERS.
Thanks for reading this.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
pledged of $1,200 goal
seconds to go
Funding Unsuccessful This project reached the deadline without achieving its funding goal on May 20, 2012.
Apr 20, 2012 - May 20, 2012 (30 days)
- First created · 0 backed
- Has not connected Facebook
Pledge $10 or more
One Artist Signed Greeting Card of Your Choice (of Any of My Art Prints) & A Personal Thank-You NoteEstimated delivery: Jun 2012
Pledge $50 or more
Not One, But THREE, Artist Signed Greeting Cards of Your Choice (of Any of My Art Prints) & A Personal Thank-You NoteEstimated delivery: Jun 2012
Pledge $150 or more
THREE Artist Signed Greeting Cards of Your Choice, an Artist Signed 8.5 x 11in. Art Print of Your Choice & A Personal Thank-You NoteEstimated delivery: Jun 2012