A short film about Halloween, trick or treating, strict parents, rebellious youth, and strangers at the door.
ABOUT THE FILM
One Last Halloween is a short film in the tradition of the Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, or Amazing Stories. It’s the tale of twelve-year-old Jake Orlando, a boy who wants to go trick or treating one final time before he’s too old to do it anymore. But Jake's uptight businessman father thinks it’s time for his son to grow up. And his religious fanatic mother believes Halloween is the Devil’s holiday.
In the face of their son's relentless rebellion and smart mouth, Jake's parents hire an unusual man with a reputation for scaring kids straight about Halloween. The stranger arrives on Halloween night, dusty old suitcase in hand, prepared to teach Jake the unspeakable truths about All Hallow's Eve.
But, as Jake and his parents soon learn, you really do need to be careful who you let into the house on Halloween.
One Last Halloween is a fable about growing up, the people who've done it, and the people who won't.
WHERE YOUR MONEY GOES
Your generous contribution pays for the cast, crew, craft services, equipment rental, and other on-set production costs. Your money goes directly towards the cameras rolling, the lights lighting, and the actors acting. We'll be taking care of post production (editing, music, sound, color, etc) with our own blood, sweat, and tears.
Your money will also help fund the film's entry into as many Film Festivals as we can afford, with a hopeful minimum of ten. Film festivals really are the premiere venue for short films, and we're planning to get this in front of as many eyeballs as possible.
Remember that if we don't make our goal, your credit card won't be charged, and we don't get anything. So if you give, please encourage your friends to do the same.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Well first off, there's all those cool rewards there over on the right. Go ahead, take a lookie. Pretty cool, right?
But perhaps more importantly, you'll be helping to create something that will bring a smile, a scare, and a little bit of laughter into the world. Your contribution of any size will, in a very direct way, allow you to say "I helped make that happen."
A quick note about the mailed rewards - we will happily mail to outside the USA, but we'll need you to add in a little bit more for the shipping costs.
Our plan is to shoot over a three-day weekend late in 2011, and begin work on post production almost immediately. We'll keep all of our donors and friends posted on progress on the official production blog, and also post production stills, candids, demo music and so much more, so that you can stay involved with the project you helped fund.
WHO WE ARE
John T. Mickevich is a writer/director/composer in Los Angeles. His work as the leader of The Monkey Box has been seen by millions of people all over the internet.
Dewalt Mix is a cinematographer and independent filmmaker living in Los Angeles. He's worked in film restoration and has edited reality television, for which he apologizes.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
pledged of $5,750 goal
seconds to go
Funding Unsuccessful This project reached the deadline without achieving its funding goal on November 2, 2011.
Oct 2, 2011 - Nov 2, 2011
Pledge $1 or more
First, you'll get our eternal thanks! • Your name listed on the film's website as a donor. • A Twitter and Facebook shout-out. No amount is too small. If you only have a dollar to spare, and are willing to help us fund our movie with that dollar, you are all kinds of awesome.Estimated delivery: Nov 2011
Pledge $10 or more
• All of the above. • A "Special Thanks" in the film's credits • A FREE HD DIGITAL DOWNLOAD OF THE FILM. -That's right -- for your $10, you get your own copy of the film in HD, with your name in the credits. Booya.Estimated delivery: Apr 2012
Pledge $25 or more
• All of the above. • A copy of the shooting script autographed by the cast & crew, mailed to anywhere in the USA.Estimated delivery: Apr 2012
Pledge $50 or more
• All of the above • A personally autographed CD copy of the soundtrack, including music from other projects by the composer, mailed to anywhere in the USA.Estimated delivery: Apr 2012
Pledge $100 or more
• All of the above • A DVD of the complete film, including outtakes, interviews, and other projects by the filmmakers, mailed to anywhere in the USA.Estimated delivery: Apr 2012
Pledge $500 or more
• All of the above • Associate Producer credit (IMDB listed) • An invitation for you and a guest to the Cast & Crew After-Party Dinner at our favorite Los Angeles taqueria (travel and lodging not included) • Up to 5 additional copies of the DVD, mailed to any single location in the USAEstimated delivery: Apr 2012
Pledge $1,000 or more
0 backers Limited (5 of 5 left)
All of the above • A Co-Producer credit (IMDB listed) • The placement of a (reasonable) prop of your choice somewhere in the film • On-set access for you and a guest (travel and lodging not included) • Up to 10 additional copies of the DVD, mailed to any single location in the USA.Estimated delivery: Apr 2012
Pledge $2,500 or more
0 backers Limited (4 of 4 left)
• All of the above • An Executive Producer credit (IMDB listed) • An invitation for you and a guest to join us at any Film Festival where the film is showing (travel and lodging not included), • Up to 20 additional copies of the DVD mailed to any single location in the USA.Estimated delivery: Apr 2012