A theatrical dialogue and discussion exploring the consequences of the Columbine High School shootings.
THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING US REACH OUR GOAL!
But We're Not Done Yet!
Thank you to all of our donors for helping us get this far! Here's a quick little update on where we are, and how you can help us even more!
-At this time, the funds we have now will help us to be able to construct the best possible show we can! Now, the rest of the funds we raise will go towards outreach possibilities, and getting a high school audience to come see the show.
-We're also soon going to be starting discussions with various organizations in the Pittsburgh area, including those that deal with student issues such as bullying and violence in schools. We'll post more about that as that develops!
Here is a rundown of potential goals;
- If we get to $750, we'll be able to market the show all around Pittsburgh in local restaurants and businesses.
- If we get to $950, we'll be able to publicize the show in Pittsburgh newspapers.
- Also, 1 school bus for a class costs $500, so if we got to $1000 or more, that would ensure us at least 2 buses of students coming to see the show.
More information below...
THE ORIGINAL CAMPAIGN FOR $500!
"columbinus" is a documentary theatre piece written by Stephen Karam (Pulitzer Prize-finalist for Sons of the Prophet) and PJ Paparelli (artistic director of American Theater Company in Chicago).
The play examines the ways that high school students behave towards each other in a high school environment, and how the social pressures of this environment can lead to teasing, bullying, and potentially, much worse. The piece aims to create a constructive dialogue and discussion with the audience about the Columbine High School shootings of April 20th, 1999, and on a broader scale, how we behave towards one other.
The play will be directed by Ben Kaye as part of the University of Pittsburgh Repertory Theatre’s Student Lab Series. It will run from November 28th-December 7th, 2012. We will have a cast of 8 undergraduate student actors, as well as a student team of designers and tech experts. The University will be paying for the rights for the show, and will give us a small budget to work on, but not enough for our intended goals for the project.
That’s where YOU come in.
As this is a production that aims to create a dialogue with the community, a Kickstarter Event seemed like the perfect way to get the ball rolling!
What we’re asking for is a total of $500. Here’s how the money would be distributed;
- Some of the funds would go to our student design team. This would be used for the purchase of, and/or construction of, costume pieces, set pieces, and props, as well as going to our lighting designer, sound designer, and projections designer, to make sure they have all of the proper equipment.
- One of our most important goals is to go out to visit high schools in the Pittsburgh area, to talk with students, and to start a dialogue with them. The hope would be for these students to come to see the show as well, so part of the money we would raise would go towards transportation for us to get to the high schools for these discussions and workshops, as well as transportation for the students to come see our show at the university.
Again, we’re only asking for $500. If we’re able to get more, that would be so so so wonderful, but anything you can give is much appreciated!
Again thank you so much, and please give however much you’re able to!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
pledged of $500 goal
seconds to go
Jul 17, 2012 - Aug 31, 2012
Pledge $1 or more
You are a wonderful person! Your name will appear in the program for the show, and we will love you forever!Estimated delivery: Nov 2012
Pledge $10 or more
You ROCK! You’ll get your name in the program, plus a poster of the show, signed by the cast and crew! You can frame it, or something!Estimated delivery: Nov 2012
Pledge $25 or more
You’re AWESOME! All of the above, plus two (2) free tickets for the show (transportation not included).Estimated delivery: Nov 2012
Pledge $50 or more
You’re just the BEST! All of the above, plus a personal, hand-written letter from the cast and crew! We’ll also include a photo of ourselves doing something goofy, just for YOU!Estimated delivery: Nov 2012
Pledge $75 or more
2 backers Limited (1 of 3 left)
WE LOVE YOU!!! All of the above, plus a chance to get dinner/drinks with the director of the show (Some of the actors/design team might tag along as well!)Estimated delivery: Nov 2012
Pledge $100 or more
3 backers All gone!
You’re a GEM!!! All of the above, plus, a one-of-a-kind prop from the show! Just be gentle with it!Estimated delivery: Dec 2012