Become the terror of the seven seas defeating your friends in a quiz game that will put your knowledge to the test.
Quizdom is a social game on Facebook were you will become a fearsome pirate captain of a ship. Your goal is to attack, plunder and sink your enemies in a quiz battle that will put your knowledge and general culture to the test against your friends.
Immersed in a pirate universe inspired by the Monkey Island saga and Pirates of the Caribbean, Quizdom is an exciting mix of Quiz and Battle Ship.
In Quizdom you're in command of a pirate galleon. Your goal: attack, plunder and sink as many enemies ships as possible. To defeat your opponents you have to challenge them to a quiz duel were your general knowledge and speed will decide the outcome of the battle. For each correct answer your ship will fire his cannons and blast the hell out of your enemie's ship. But be careful! If your opponent answers the question faster than you or if you get the wrong answer it will be your ship that will receive a flaming cannonball. Use all your wit, defend your galleon and steal your enemie's treasure.
With each battle won you'll increase the gold in your treasure chest which you can use to make improvements on your ship, buy boosts and recruit new crew members that will help you win the battles ahead.
Here's the list of boost you'll be able to acquire for your ship:
- Carpenter You got hit by a cannon ball? No worries, your carpenter onboard can fix that hole before you have the time to say “Herman Toothrot”
- Gunner Need some firepower? Hire a Gunner and double the effects of your cannons to blast the hell out of your enemy
- Parrot What would a captain do without the invaluable advice of his loyal parrot? He will always be helpful on those lonely and stressful moments of doubt
- Lookout Hire a crew member with a sharp eye aboard and he will clear the way for you.
We're aware that there’s a lot of people who refuse to get caught into the social fever. But since this is our very first game we don’t have a community of players built yet, plus we’re trying to make a social game. Facebook feels like the best platform for our game. Everybody will have access, Mac or PC and will be able to easily play in their browsers.
Wopidom is an independent videogame studio created in 2012 by the Argentinian illustrators Pilo and Rod. After working several years in ad agencies, video game companies and as freelancers we finally decided to take the "big step", quit our day jobs and build our own game studio to create the kind of games we love and would like to play. Quizdom is our very first project. With the help of Max (illustrator), Esteban and Marco (developers) we started working on Quizdom at the end of 2012 but we suddenly realized that creating a game from A to Z is not an easy task and is more expensive than we had thought. Very quickly we ran out of money and were forced to pause the game production and work for different clients projects to keep financing the game. After working 4 months in a Facebook game for a known well license, we're finally able to get back to our baby with more energy and with more enthusiasm than before.
This is our favorite part :) where we can show you some of the work we have been doing and share some ideas of the game with you:
Arrrr, You’re a Pirate
Pick among several candidates the right captain who will command your ship to victory!
My ship, my world
Choose the ship that best represents your inner pirate.
Oh my, What a fabulous place
For Quizdom we wanted to create a universe of pirates that will be as attractive as possible. The whole game is designed with amazing illustrations with great attention to detail.
Having worked on the last client's project had many advantages for the studio and doing that project gave us experience and new knowledge that we can apply to Quizdom. On the other hand that project taught us that producing a game is more expensive than we thought. So far, Quizdom has been funded through contracts for clients and personal investment, but now we want all our attention and resources focused on our game production. For this reason, we decided to appeal to the generosity of the Kickstarter community to complete the game and, in turn, create a community around the game. The funds raised will allow us to meet the following goals:
- Complete the game production.
- Expand the database with new and cooler questions.
- Create additional art.
- Hire a sound engineer to have a cool soundtrack
- Create a community around the game by giving the players a space of dialog in a forum and in a Facebook fan page.
- Secure the quality and beta testing process.
- Document the whole process.
We have a lot of ideas that we would love to add to the game, with your help we can reach our stretch goals and be able to bring those ideas to life.
iOS and Android Version
We’re aware that not everybody has a FB account. If we can reach this goal we’ll be able to make Quizdom available for all of you Apple and Android gamers.
This is a feature that we would love to have in our game. A campaign mode where instead of randomly fighting friends and other people over the big oceans of the internet you’ll be the protagonist of a pirate story and will have to defeat several enemies to recover the lost treasure of the infamous ghost pirate “HeyChuck”. ( :p )
Hi Ho Big Boss
In addition to the Campagne Mode, wouldn’t it be great to have some serious big bosses to fight at the end of each chapter of the story? We see big pirate ships with tentacles on the sides and crazy monkey captains trying to stop you in your quest of gold and fame.
We would love to give you the opportunity to build your own pirate so the captain of your ship will look exactly as you want.
Wouldn't it be great if you culd customize your ship with the colors of your team? We think that it would be great if you had the ability to change your ship to look like exactly as you want and show to the rest of the world that this is nobody's but YOUR ship.
We would love to give the players more choices to improve their chances in battle. Wouldn’t it be great if you can summon a Kraken to do some serious damage to your opponent? Or have a voodoo doll of your foe and confuse him during the fight?
Easter eggs (and yes, we’re being optimistic here)
As gamers we believe that any game who claims to be a good videogame has to have easter eggs, period. In the good ol’ days, before Wiki, we spent ridiculous amounts of time pushing walls and clicking on the void to see if we would discover a secret passage or earn an extra life. We believe this essential aspect of games is sadly and slowly dying and we want to get it back !
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Making games is not an easy task and we're still learning new technologies to make the best game we can. We believe that we've already taken the biggest risk by quitting our daily jobs to work on Quizdom. At this point the challenge we're facing is to finish the game on time. The deadline we have set is September 13th. If we get stuck in the middle of the production because of a technical issue or if we decide to tweak the game features to improve the gaming experience maybe we'll need additional time to finish the project.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
Pledge $5 or moreYou selected
- Swabbie- Baby you're a rich man ! We'll fill your treasure chest in the game with 10,000 coinsEstimated delivery:
Pledge $8 or moreYou selected
- Powder Monkey - Wallpaper: A Wallpaper so exclusive that even we don't have it. 100 Gold: Yummy gold ! We'll give you 100 bars of gold in the game, enjoy them !Estimated delivery:
Pledge $12 or moreYou selected
- Sword Sharpener - 50 Lives: Live your life fill with joy and wonder... and livi it longer with the 50 lives we'll give you in the game. Soundtrack: Download the soundtrack of Quizdom, play it in a party and dance like a one legged pirateEstimated delivery:
Pledge $20 or moreYou selected
- Cabin Boy - Your name in the credits: Be popular ! Impress your in-laws by showing them your name in the game creditsEstimated delivery:
Pledge $30 or moreYou selected
- Mate - Digital Art Book: Discover all the secrets behind the illustrated world of Quizdom.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
- Master Gunner - 3 Quizdom Stickers: Now you can decorate your skateboard, your notebook or your mom's precious coffee table with these cool stickers.Estimated delivery:Add $8 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $75 or moreYou selected
- Boat Swain- Signed Poster: Cover that awful hole on your wall with the colorful poster of Quizdom that we'll gladly sign to show you our eternal gratitudeEstimated delivery:Add $8 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
- Captain - Quizdom Badge: Everybody adores badges ! Show your love for the game you've backed and weat the exclusive backer's badge with prideEstimated delivery:Add $8 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $175 or moreYou selected
- Treasure Hunter - Quizdom Backers T-Shirt: You got the date of your dreams and have nothing to wear in that special night? No worries! Impress that gal or guy with the Quizdom T-ShirtEstimated delivery:Add $12 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $250 or moreYou selected
- Corsair - Printed Artbook: On top of the Digital Artbook we'll give you a printed copy aswell, so you can keep looking at those pretty pictures even when the electricity goes out.Estimated delivery:Add $12 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $350 or moreYou selected
- Buccaneer - Printed Quiz Book: All the questions of the game in a printed book. Learn all the answers and beat your enemies without a sweat.Estimated delivery:Add $15 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $500 or moreYou selected
- Terror of the Seas - Your Own Sail Theme: Send us your theme or design and we'll customize a ship for you showing your pimped sail.Estimated delivery:Add $15 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $1,000 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (5 left of 5)
- Pirate King - Executive Producer: Wow! Thank you very much...! You'll be credited as Executive Producer of the game.Estimated delivery:Add $15 USD to ship outside the US
- (30 days)