Help us make your ride to work more epic with a new C&C CD. We are trying to fund our next record and need your help!
Back in 2010 the band Clocks & Clouds started a journey to create epic and inspiring instrumental music that combines elements of classical and rock together. We had an even more specific goal to reach young people through our music to help build passion through music education. Through this short amount of time as a band, we have released a music video, released our first CD, presented at national music conferences, became a finalist in an international competition, inspired students around the country, worked with great people and performed extensively. Every time we play the question that seems to come up over and over again is when are we going to release more music. This question intensified over the course of time and we finally felt it was time to start giving people what they wanted, new music.
We have written all the material and started the task of tracking all of the songs. We have lined up all the people we needed to in order to make this dream a reality by a release date of September 1st 2012.The only thing left is raising a little bit of money to make these opportunities come to fruition. Specifically what we are needing to raise funds for is mixing, mastering, CD design, and printing. If we exceed our goal we will then use some of the money to go towards a new music video.
We were really inspired by the Kickstarter program and felt it was one of the ways we hoped to raise the funds we needed to complete our project. We loved the idea of not just asking people for money, but giving our friends, family, and fans an opportunity to buy a product or service from us so their money works for them.
I can't stress how excited we are for our next releases. We really believe people are going to love the new music we have created and can't wait to get our vision out to the world. We specifically are excited to show young students how to play passionately on their instrument and think this project will be the vehicle to help us accomplish this. We really hope you help us and join the ride in being a part of the Clocks & Clouds team to make this happen.
If you've never seen us before check out our latest music video to catch a glimpse of what we do.
As mentioned above we love to do educational workshops and performances. Here's a concert where we played with an orchestra. It was pretty awesome and the students just loved the opportunity of being in a rock concert.
And for your enjoyment and our embarrasment. Here is a bloopers reel of us trying to make the video for the kickstarter. I hope you enjoy laughing at us, and don't worry you're really laughing with us. This was so much fun to do. Thanks to LiveWire Films for being awesome.
We have recorded a majority of the material. We have 1 track 100% mixed. We have another track that's 90% done with mixing. We have another track ready to be mixed. We have another 3 tracks that just need some final touch ups before we hand them off to be mixed. After that we are finishing up a cover and there is still a lot of work left to do on that track. However, our job is 90% done I would say. The next step would be about a week of mixing at the Library Studio. We would then send it off to mastering. Somewhere in between all of this we need to get a CD designed and then off to printing. A lot of steps left, but confident we can get it all done as long as we reach our goal.
Since the very beginning we have planned on using extra money towards a new music video. Our last music video has been very paramount in pushing our music. We have had over 60,000 views since our music video has been released 18 months ago. Dan Rollins and his team at LiveWire Films has agreed to make a second video and we are trying to get a budget set for that. I'm hoping that we can get even a couple hundred dollars more than the goal to go towards our music video, ideally we would need several thousand more, but anything is helpful.
pledged of $4,500 goal
seconds to go
Jun 1, 2012 - Jul 1, 2012 (30 days)
Pledge $5 or more
1. DIGITAL PRE-ORDER: You just pre-ordered the next CD. This will ensure you get a digital copy of the CD the day it is released to the world.Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $15 or more
2. PHYSICAL PRE-ORDER: You just pre-ordered the physical copy of our next CD. This will ensure you get a physical copy of the CD the day it is released to the world.Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $30 or more
3. PHYSICAL CD + T-SHIRT: The day the CD comes out you will receive a signed physical CD and a brand new Clocks & Clouds t-shirt to go with it. What's better than a t-shirt: epic music to listen to whilst wearing said t-shirt.Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $40 or more
4. THE DRUM STICK PACKAGE: Buy this and you will get 1 signed drum stick from Derek our drummer, plus everything in #2.Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $50 or more
5. DIGITAL EARLY RELEASE PACKAGE: Your generosity has just given you an early exclusive release of the 2nd CD. With this package you will receive a digital download of the CD 1 month prior to the release date.Estimated delivery: Aug 2012
Pledge $75 or more
6. PHYSICAL EARLY RELEASE PACKAGE: Your extra generosity has really paid off. With this package you will receive a signed physical copy of the new CD along with a Clocks & Clouds t-shirt, and a signed CD of our first release one month prior to the release date.Estimated delivery: Aug 2012
Pledge $100 or more
7. MUSIC VIDEO VIP: A donation of $100 or more will gain you back stage access to the filming of our upcoming music video. The video will be filmed in Minneapolis, you just show up to the location and date we shoot and watch the making of another epic video. Plus everything in #6.Estimated delivery: Jul 2012
Pledge $125 or more
8. LINER NOTES PACKAGE: Ever have your name in the liner notes of a CD. By purchasing this package we will put your name in the liner notes of the upcoming CD. Plus everything in #6.Estimated delivery: Aug 2012
Pledge $150 or more
9. BIRTHDAY SURPRISE: By buying this package you will have Clocks & Clouds call you or a friend on their birthday and play them the most epic instrumental version of happy birthday ever over the phone. Plus everything in #6 and #8.Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $250 or more
9. ULTIMATE VIP PACKAGE: By purchasing this package you can have the ultimate Clocks & Clouds concert night. Come to a concert for sound check, hang out back stage, let us buy you dinner and drinks, and get you the best seats in the house. The red carpet is for you. Plus everything in #6 and #8.Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $500 or more
10. LIVING ROOM CONCERT: You just bought yourself a concert in which you don't have to go anywhere. We will come to your living room and play for you and your closest friends. It will be a night not easily forgotten. This package only works if we're playing in your town or live within 50 miles of Minneapolis. Plus everything in #6 and #8.Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $500 or more
11. DINNER AND A MOVIE: Ever wonder what a band acts like in normal situation. Buy this package and let us take you on a date. We will take you out to dinner and go see a movie of your choice. Or, if you prefer some steep competition, we could take you bowling instead. The choice is yours. Plus everything in #6 and #8.Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $750 or more
12. NAME A SONG: If you've ever been to a Clocks & Clouds concert you know how difficult naming a song is for us. If you buy this package you will have the opportunity to be a part of the creative process. You can name one of the songs on the record and help us complete our songs with an epic title. Plus everything in #6 and #8.Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $1,000 or more
13. YOU'RE THE STAR: Ever want to be an actor, now is your chance. With this package you will have just bought yourself a cameo appearance in the next music video. We will find a way to give you a great role in the video that you can show all your friends and enemies your skills on screen. Plus everything in #6 and #8.Estimated delivery: Jul 2012