18 years old. Homeless. An iPod Touch is his only link to the outside world.
Most of the time, Facebook is simply a distraction. We love logging on to update our experiences and emotions... yet we rarely remember a status once it's shared with the world. There are just too many. We scroll through dozens every hour -- sometimes hundreds every day. Some we "like," others we choose to pretend not to see. But either way, they blend together.But what if you saw something you couldn't forget? Something like, "My name is Gosh. I'm homeless. Can anyone help me?"
Inspired by true events, 4Gosh (For Josh) tells the story of an eighteen-year-old boy raised by his sick grandmother, who’s left homeless just days before his high school graduation when she passes away. With few resources and no money to get by, Gosh is forced out of his grandmother’s apartment and dropped off at the local homeless shelter with only a garbage bag full of clothes and a used iPod Touch. Gosh struggles to accept his new circumstances, living, eating and sleeping next to older, perpetually homeless men and women who torment and steal from him. Because of this, Gosh feels completely alone. But when he receives a hand-written letter from his estranged father, Carl, Gosh hopes both of their circumstances will change. Gosh visits Carl at the county correctional center, where Gosh learns that Carl’s soon to be paroled. Carl promises Gosh that, once he’s out, the two of them can start over together – as a family. Gosh leaves their visit determined to find a job and save enough money to rent an apartment and make his father’s promise a reality. As Gosh navigates the threatening city streets, trying his best to find a job and make some money, he meets people along the way who help and hurt him. And all the while, he communicates his emotions, ideas and experiences through Facebook – his last and most important link to the world outside his shelter.
What's the deadline for donating?
- September 21st at 7pm (Eastern Time Zone)
What happens if the money ISN’T raised by September 21st at 7pm?
- We have to reach or exceed our goal in order to receive any of the pledges for the film. If we don’t reach our goal of $25,000, no one’s credit card will be charged for their pledge amount. It’s all or nothing!
What happens if the money IS raised by September 21st at 7pm?
- If we meet and/or succeed our goal of $25,000, all backer’s credit cards are charged the exact amount you pledged when the time expires.
- Yes! Kickstarter will allow us to continue to raise money until we hit our deadline September 21st.
What happens if we exceed our goal amount of $25,000?
- Overall, the movie will cost close to $40,000 to make when it's all said and done. The $25,000 we raise on Kickstarter will allow us to go into production this December 2012. If we exceed our goal, we will use the extra funds to support/enhance the production quality of the film as well as take care of added post-production costs.
- No, only you and the project creator will be able to see the amount you donate.
What’s the release date?
- We are shooting for a film completion date of September 2013 for a festival release in January 2014.
- All of the money we raise goes directly to the film's production budget, including: salaries for the cast and crew, shooting on location in NC, renting production equipment, feeding and housing the cast and crew, editing, sound mixing, color correction, film festival applications, etc. Check out www.4gosh.com for a more detailed breakdown of the budget.
- Yes, please create a Kickstarter account - it's free and only takes a few minutes. And, once you create an account, you will be able to get updates and news about our film on Kickstarter as well.
- Amazon is the company that processes all the financial logistics for Kickstarter. You will have to create an account for them as well -- it only takes a few minutes.
- Yes, we will make all the DVDs region free.
- Yes! You can purchase a pledge and gift it to someone else. They will be notified about the gift and who it was from. We will ship them the reward as well if you include a note stating who the pledge is for.
- The reward delivery date is listed below each pledge in the column on the right. We will send out rewards as soon as they are available. We will also start sending out email newsletters and video blogs right away! The completed DVD is planned for a release date of March 2014. Also, set visits won't be available until we start shooting the film in December 2012. We will get your reward to you as soon as they are ready! Thank you in advance for your support and patience!
- No! All shipping costs are included in the pledge amounts.
- After our deadline and pledge amount has been reached, we will send you a Kickstarter message requesting all the necessary information.
- Yes! You can login to Kickstarter and go to our campaign page. Since you have already made a pledge, the green "Back This Project" button has been replaced with a blue "Manage Your Donation" button. Click this button and you can enter a new amount or choose a new reward.
- If you are interested in this, we would love to talk to you about becoming a larger investor in the film. Please contact us directly!
What is your contact info? How can I get more information about the film?
Tif Hassler - Producer | firstname.lastname@example.org
Clay Hassler - Co-Writer/Director | email@example.com
Anna Fields - Co-Writer | firstname.lastname@example.org
Justin Smith - Associate Producer | email@example.com
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
pledged of $25,000 goal
seconds to go
Funding Unsuccessful This project reached the deadline without achieving its funding goal on September 21, 2012.
Aug 22, 2012 - Sep 21, 2012
Pledge $1 or more
Thank you so much for contributing to our 4Gosh campaign!Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $10 or more
A special thank you on our website and receive updates on our 4Gosh adventure via email newsletters.Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $25 or more
You will get a high resolution download of the 4Gosh movie poster and we will send you a digital copy of the completed film. Plus all previous rewards!Estimated delivery: Mar 2014
Pledge $50 or more
Be the first to get a DVD of the completed film sent to you with free shipping. In addition, get access to our behind the scenes blog and “The Making of 4Gosh” videos. Plus all previous rewards!Estimated delivery: Mar 2014
Pledge $100 or more
Receive a DVD of the feature-length film, 4Gosh, sent to you (free shipping) signed by the director. Plus all previous rewards!Estimated delivery: Mar 2014
Pledge $250 or more
Receive a signed 4Gosh movie poster by 5 members of the cast and/or crew. In addition, you will get a special thank you in the credits of the film! Plus all previous rewards!Estimated delivery: Mar 2014
Pledge $500 or more
Get everything listed above plus be an extra in the film! (Transportation and lodging not included.) The film is shooting in Winson-Salem, NC this December 2012. You will also receive 2 free tickets to the premiere of the film in Winston-Salem, NC! (Transportation and lodging not included.)Estimated delivery: Mar 2014
Pledge $1,000 or more
Get everything listed above plus a Skype interview or lunch in Winston-Salem, NC w/ the co-writers, director, or producer of 4Gosh. You choose! (Transportation and lodging not included.)Estimated delivery: Mar 2014
Pledge $2,500 or more
Get everything listed above plus you are invited to set for a day. Eat with the crew and call "Action" during a take or two! (Transportation and lodging not included.) The film is shooting in Winson-Salem, NC in December 2012. You will also receive 4 free tickets to the premiere in Winston-Salem, NC! (Transportation and lodging not included.)Estimated delivery: Mar 2014
Pledge $5,000 or more
Get an Associate Producer Credit and a signed prop from the 4Gosh set. Plus all previous rewards!Estimated delivery: Mar 2014
Pledge $10,000 or more
0 backers Limited (2 of 2 left)
Get an Executive Producer Credit plus an iPod touch used by Gosh in the film signed by the cast and crew. Plus all previous rewards!Estimated delivery: Mar 2014