An inclusive exhibition of art & literature, that opens a conversation about disability & the arts. A project of the OWCA a 501c3.
KICKSTARTER BACKER ACTION NEEDED IMMEDIATELY
Looks like we did not reach our goal, and that means no money for our show:(
So we have created a new Kickstarter!!! Our new goal is $1,800. This amount
is much lower than the $2,951 that you, our Backers have already generously
pledged – but our budgetary needs are much greater than $1,800!!! We are simply trying to guarantee we will make at least $1,800 but that our expenses are fare greater and we really need $4,400 and if we had reached $10,000 we could really do this right and pay people for their work on the show.
If you have pledged to our old Kickstarter we are requesting that you switch your pledge to our new Kickstarter:
Thank you for your continued support!
Carolyne D. Landon, President Oregon Women Caucus for Art
Catherine J. H. Miller, Artistic/Project Director Fine Arts CuratorThe OWCA is a 501c3 corporation.
Yes! Since the OWCA took this on as one of their projects, and this one failed to make goal despite all the generosity and support we received, we decided to start a new Kickstarter with a lower goal, so that we could at least make sure we could pay the rent on the exhibition space.
Unfortunately, that means that we did not receive your pledge, and you did not get charged for the amount that you pledged. We would really love those of you who support this project to switch your pledge to the new Kickstarter, here: http://kck.st/lXgecM
pledged of $10,000 goal
seconds to go
Funding Unsuccessful This project reached the deadline without achieving its funding goal on June 20, 2011.
Mar 21, 2011 - Jun 20, 2011 (90 days)
Pledge $5 or more
• You’ll get regular email updates about our project and you’ll be acknowledged as a donor in our exhibition materials and on our blog.
Pledge $10 or more
• All of the above, plus • You’ll receive a personalized thank you note in the mail from the Somewhat Secret Team, and an emailed pdf of a “Cutie Catcher” for you to print out and construct. Of course there will be a Somewhat Secret Message inside!
Pledge $20 or more
20 backers Limited (480 of 500 left)
• All of the above, plus • A pack of twelve postcards featuring work by artists and writers in the exhibition.
Pledge $25 or more
All the above, and an invitation (w/+1) to a panel discussion celebrating the 21st anniversary of the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) on Tuesday, July 26. See our FB for more info.
Pledge $50 or more
14 backers Limited (18 of 32 left)
• All of the above, plus • Acknowledgment on the Braille gallery label that you have funded, and • An invitation to the Private Donor’s Opening, where you will have a chance to see and meet the artists and curator and purchase the artwork in advance of the public opening.
Pledge $100 or more
1 backer Limited (27 of 28 left)
• All of the above, plus • You will sponsor an artist’s or writer’s honorarium which they’ll receive for sharing their work with our community. That’s cool!
Pledge $150 or more
0 backers Limited (20 of 20 left)
• All of the above, plus • Catherine J. H. Miller will draw your portrait for one half hour in the exhibition space. Miller will scan your drawing and post it online and you will be able to retain the original.
Pledge $200 or more
• All of the above, plus • A set of 28 postcards featuring the works of all artists and writers in the exhibition • Catherine will draw you portrait for one whole hour!
Pledge $250 or more
0 backers Limited (8 of 8 left)
• All of the above, plus • VIP seating at a panel discussion celebrating the 21st anniversary of the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) on Tuesday, July 26, and • A limited edition Somewhat Secret fine art print which will be presented to you at the panel discussion.
Pledge $500 or more
0 backers Limited (10 of 10 left)
• All of the above, plus • A two hour long portrait drawing by Catherine J. H. Miller and • Recognition as a donor on the Major Contributor’s list on the gallery wall and • One copy of the book, signed by Catherine J. H. Miller.
Pledge $1,000 or more
• All of the above, plus • Recognition as a donor in the book and • Two copies of the book, signed by Catherine J. H. Miller.