Hey Pocket TV-ers,
Merry Christmas to all. Ho-ho-ho!!! Even though here in Dubai we don't officially celebrate Christmas we do love the season. So here's wishing you all a great 2013! We hope it's filled with technology and new gadgets galore!
The One About Shipping
So we've now shipped around 95% of all our rewards. The remaining 5% of the rewards are still in our warehouse waiting for their rightful owners. The reason they weren't shipped is because we probably didn't get your phone number or because you didn't pay for shipping. If you haven't received yours yet or at least a fedEx tracking number drop us an email and we'll take care of it. Send it to email@example.com. We'll also email you if we don't hear from you! And if you haven't paid shipping, well it looks like the UAE postal service is almost as expensive as FedEx so we're looking for alternatives. However for those who don't want to pay the $10 for shipping we implore you to change your mind. Everyone in this project has paid for shipping and we're struggling to find a cost-effective alternative to ship to you. Help us get your Pocket TV to you... Please.....
The One About Support
It's been a learning curve for us since day one. And it's no different now. We're having some teathing problems with some devices and some users. Most problems are just part of the learning curve of using a new device like the Pocket TV. It's human nature to try to use it like a phone or tablet, but it isn't either of those things. So sometimes it takes a few people some time to learn how to best connect it and use it.
At other times users have issues because the software is still in beta. We're really sorry about that and we're doing our best to get it out of Beta as soon as possible. But if you're having issues you'll probably find an answer to them in our forums. And if for some reason you happened to get a unit with hardware issues instead of software ones, we'll exchange it immediately. Just drop us an email and we'll take care of everything.
Please remember that we're 100% behind our product and that we'll always be there for our backers to make sure they're happy with their rewards. So if you have any issues or questions please drop us an email and we'll make sure we take care of it.
The One About Post-Kickstarter
As we close out this project we'll be monitoring the kickstarter site less and less. That doesn't mean we've abandoned the project, it just means that we've moved our operations to more traditional locations such as emails, user forums and the standard support solutions. So if you don't hear from us on Kickstarter shoot us an email. We always respond to those.
The One About a Christmas Surprise
To close out the year and this Kickstarter project we'll be launching a Christmas surprise: A Developer Kit for the Pocket TV! So if you're a Dev or want to mess around with your Pocket TV join our forums and wait till Christmas! You'll find a surprise under the forum's Christmas tree!
The One About What's Next For Infinitec
Over the next few weeks and months we'll be upgrading the software to a point of absolute awesomeness. We plan to make the Pocket TV the ultimate gadget for your TV. So bare with us as we go through this process and improve this little device. You can find regular updates through the settings menu of the Pocket TV under the About Pocket TV tab. Keep your toy updated and enjoy the rich new features that are coming your way in 2013. They also include an upgrade to Jelly Bean 4.2 in the early part of the year.
Also keep an eye out for Infinitec. We hope to make a big splash with more innovation and technology. We're keeping our fingers crossed. So if one day we make it big, we won't forget who supported us and helped us get there.
The One About... Goodbye!
So that's about it to wrap this little Kickstarter project up. But it's not the end. No, it's only the beginning for the Pocket TV. We hope to make you proud to be one of the people who first supported this project. So when Infinitec becomes a major player in this field, you can say "I backed them and helped them get started". And for that we're eternally grateful.
Happy holidays from Ack and the Infinitec Team. And like always, thank you for your continued support. You guys are awesome!