I've been keeping up a blog for updates here, but I wanted to keep everyone informed, including anyone who doesn't follow that blog.
First of all, I'm still accepting names for the Acknowledgments section--no matter how much you pledged, I want to thank you for your support! Just let me know what name you'd like to be thanked by, and I'll happily include you. Many of you have already responded, which I definitely appreciate! I don't want to miss anyone who wants to be included.
Next, here's a list of what I've accomplished since the KickStarter funded two months ago:
- Sent out survey to determine rewards
- Used survey to set goals
- Researched applicable tax information
- Legally set up Qol Press as an official press
- Filled out paperwork so that I can legally do business as Qol Press
- Set up contact information that I can give to readers without compromising my own safety
- Organized a CreateSpace account with all of this legal information so that I can be taxed appropriately
- Bought ISBNs for the entire series
- Assigned ISBNs for the paperback, epub, mobi, and pdf versions of the book while setting one aside for an audiobook
- Created an icon for Qol Press
- Commissioned interior artwork and maps
- Formalized the interior layout of the book (including margins, spacing, font size, page numbering, chapter breaks, etc.)
- Designed the cover layout
- Wrote the back blurb for the cover, leaving space for the review backer
- Formatted the finished artwork and made a number of design decisions
- Planned the paperback packages for interested backers
- Got more than halfway through production of the bonuses for said packages
- Sent out the book for editing to a number of experienced readers (people who work[ed] professionally as editors or writers)
I'm just waiting on the last of my editors before I can get everything else underway! I'm ahead of where I expected to be at the end of July, and, despite being busy, I've been having a wonderful time getting this book ready for you.
My current plan, fingers crossed, is to post a download link to the pdf, epub, and mobi versions of the book on a member's only post about a week before Black Friday. At about the same time, I'll mail out all of the paperback packages. A week after making the book available to all backers, I'll launch the book on Amazon itself. This means getting you your books in November rather than December, hopefully. If draft copies turn out poorly, this date might have to be pushed back, but we'll see.
Also, the paperback packages will be available for ordering until the end of September. The cost is still $8 plus shipping from Oregon to you, not including paypal fees.
If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me at email@example.com -- I'm always happy to hear from you!
Thank you all so much for your support!