The first "Ace Kilroy" print collection, featuring the complete "Dracula" story arc!
On Halloween Night 2011, the online daily comic strip Ace Kilroy was launched, featuring the first installment of world traveler and soldier of fortune Ace Kilroy's adventures. Commissioned by President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Kilroy's mission was to head to Transylvania to stop a very real Count Dracula from becoming a pawn of the Third Reich!
Since it's debut, AceKilroy.com has featured a new black and white installment every day, six days a week, with an extra-large color supplement on Sundays. On April 15, 2012, the story of Ace's first mission was completed, and now he is taking a well-deserved vacation--in preparation for his next dangerous assignment!
Ace Kilroy is the creation of writer/artists Rob Kelly and Dan O'Connor (that's us!). With each having over twenty years experience in the worlds of illustration and comic books, Rob and Dan came together to produce a comic strip that harkens back to the classic American newspaper strips of the mid-20th Century, like Steve Canyon, Dick Tracy, and Secret Agent X-9.
In just the first few months since its debut, Ace Kilroy was nominated for an Eagle Award, the comics industry's longest-running awards panel, for Favorite Web-Based Comic. It also received favorable reviews from a wide variety of critics and genre fans:
"[F]or those looking for an online comic more indebted to Roy Crane than Chris Ware, Rob Kelly and Dan O’Connor have just launched 'Ace Kilroy', a daily adventure strip that combines two-fisted action with shadings of horror, noir, romance, and whatever else its creators find cool about classic comics. Kudos to people like Kelly and O’Connor for keeping our pop-culture heritage alive." -- Noel Murray, The Onion A.V. Club
"Here’s a two-fisted webcomic for fans of Clark Gable and old action movies: Ace Kilroy, the story of a Gable-esque tough guy who is sent by his good friend, President Franklin Roosevelt, to investigate a Nazi plot to harness vampires and other supernatural creatures to further their cause. Ace is a smart guy, but in true B-movie fashion, he knows when to let his fists do the talking." -- Brigid Alverson, Robot 6
"'Ace Kilroy' is the story of 'Special Agent' Ace Kilroy, a man living a life of mystery and intrigue in the world of the 1930s. The opening storyline features Ace going up against vampires in Transylvania as he searches for a fellow agent who has gone missing. Part Indiana Jones, part Phantom, part James Bond, the story is a mix of so many of types of genres that it’s hard not to find something to enjoy in his adventures." -- David Goodman, Geekadelphia
"If Indiana Jones stumbled into an old Universal monster flick by way of the first season of TV’s 'Wonder Woman' (you know, the awesome one), the result would be something like 'Ace Kilroy.' I love this strip! It harkens back to a time of decoder rings and Saturday morning serials without getting bogged down in nostalgia. The storytelling is brisk and clean, the jokes work, and Rob and Dan have a clever knack for revisionist history. Very good stuff." -- April Snellings, Rue Morgue
In anticipation of Ace's next mission kicking off on Monday, August 6th, we are now offering the first Ace Kilroy print collection, in both standard and oversized "treasury" formats, featuring the complete first story arc (October 31, 2011-April 15, 2012) plus bonus behind-the-scenes material!
In addition to the print collection, you can pledge to receive additional rewards: membership in the fan club "Ace's Allies", original strip art, and a one-of-a-kind Ace Kilroy sketchbook, featuring original pencil and ink concept art by Dan O'Connor!
Please support Ace Kilroy and join the fight against evil!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
• Membership in "Ace's Allies", which earns you a permanent listing as a member of AA on the Ace Kilroy website and blog, and entitles you to any and all AA member premiums (AK button, drink coasters, bumper stickers, and more!).Estimated delivery:
Pledge $40 or moreYou selected
• Membership in Ace's Allies • Signed copy of the first Ace Kilroy TPB collection, standard comic book sizeEstimated delivery:
Pledge $75 or moreYou selected
• Membership in Ace's Allies • Signed copy of the first Ace Kilroy TPB collection, TREASURY FORMAT--oversized, 10x13"!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $125 or moreYou selected
• Membership in Ace's Allies • Signed copy of the first Ace Kilroy TPB collection (standard or treasury format) • Signed original art from one Ace Kilroy daily stripEstimated delivery:
Pledge $250 or moreYou selected
2 backers Limited (8 left of 10)
• Membership in Ace's Allies • Signed original art for one Ace Kilroy daily strip • Signed copy of the first Ace Kilroy TPB collection (standard or treasury format) with a custom-drawn b/w Ace Kilroy sketch drawn into the book!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $1,000 or moreYou selected
1 backer All gone!
• Membership in Ace's Allies • Signed copy of the first Ace Kilroy TPB collection (standard or treasury format) • Receive artist/co-creator Dan O'Connor's one-of-a-kind original sketchbook for Ace Kilroy, which features dozens of pencil and ink concept illustrations!Estimated delivery:
- (29 days)