So here's what's going on as of close of business today. This is a long post, so please bear with me.
First of all, some of your direct questions:
1) Shock- we aren't done shipping. Eric Price and the owner of our fulfillment center have had a conversation, and, in this conversation, they have promised up down, left and right that they will be done by Wednesday, and they have shifted personnel to accommodate They claim they didn't know we had these problems...But we'll see what happens on Wednesday.
2) Tanto/Kanzume Shipping - So back before I started with the company, they organized the Kanzume shipments. Thankfully, when they decided to add the Tanto gift basket option to the Kanzume Kickstarter, they held back enough of 1 & 2 to make all the baskets needed. So the crossover baskets are not waiting until May/June, they are shipping with the rest of the orders.
3) Refunds - If your game has not shipped yet, and/or you want to return your unopened package, we will issue you a refund. Please just let us know.
Second of all, I feel the need to address something people have been commenting on: the communication debate, and the customer service levels.
1) Krosmaster is a Kickstarter currently in funding. Eric Price is the only person posting over there. I have, myself, posted two or three comments, but I will always sign them appropriately so people know who they are talking to. But we do use one master account. All of the comments, etc, are tied to his email, so he gets notifications and responds far faster. I do try to check here once a day. That being said:
2) I am the only one working this Kickstarter right now. Be gentle. I didn't design the levels, fullillment decisions or even know about the game until I started with the company. I don't have many of the answers, but I am here to facilitate as much as possible, and I can get the answers we need. It just does take me time. I read every post that comes through here.
3) Phonecalls vs Emails. It would have been amazing if I had picked up the phone and got who I needed to at the Fulfillment center. But they weren't in the office. Like us, they are a gaming company, and, like us, they were at conventions this week. Because of the spread of timezones and duties, emails are usually the best way to go about it. However, we were able to reach people on the phone on Monday. Trying it Friday would have been an exercise in futility.
I don't want this to start sounding defensive, so I will move onto some good news!
Last, but not least, the fun stuff.
So, after some round about conversations about 'how' to fix this, we've decided to do three things. Hopefully, this will touch on everyone- everyone will 'get' (use, like or appreciate) at least one of these things.
1) Everyone who was a backer for this game will get a 25% off coupon, good toward anything on the Japanime Games website. It will be live for a month, and will be posted in a private, backer-only update tomorrow.
2) Everyone who was a backer for this game will be eligible for a special advantage/level when we kickstart the expansion for Kanzume Goddess. The problem with this is we don't know exactly how we're doing it, but there will be something, so that's not as great yet, but that is in the works. I may put up a poll or something similar to offer up a few options to see what you all would like best, as we move closer and further along in our plans.
3) Everyone who was a backer for this game AND who is coming to Gencon will be invited to a special Japanime Games VIP Party at Gencon. We're still hammering out details with Gencon, but its going to have open gaming, special prizes and giveaways, drinks, snacks and a chance to yell at us in person :). To RSVP for the event, email me at email@example.com. I know not everyone can join us for this, and I'll see what I can do about maybe sharing some of the promo love from the event, but I can't promise anything yet. Just know we'll do our best to keep everyone included.
That's it guys. That's what I got. Lets hear the feedback!