Hi everyone, we have bundles of news!
1) Grassroot cheese book is in print.
2) We are showing our documentary "Hot Chocolate for Bedouins" in London on October 21st and 22nd
3) Presenting the doc at the Ethiopia Camel Conference October 26th - Details below!
Coming soon! Video release of Sebastian Lindstrom's TEDxNHH talk on Camel Milk entrepreneurship!
Thanks for everything, couldn't have done it without you,
alicia, philippa and sebastian
1) The 28 'Grassroot camel cheese book' with everything you need to know about camels, its milk and cheese and the nomads+bedouins behind it all, is in printing... For those whose pledged; expect to get them in a month! (If you are in London come out and get one on the 21st!)
2) We will be screening at 4pm on October 21st and 22nd in London as part of the Food Society Spectacular in a bicycle powered cinema! The Experimental Food Society was founded by Alexa Perrin in January 2010 to front the UK’s most talented culinary creatives, showcasing a troupe of ground-breaking gourmet artists that demonstrate there is more to life than just swallowing.
3) Screening at the International Camel Conference in Dire Dawa, Ethiopia October 26th-29th Themes and Organizers: The Somali Region Pastoral and Agro-pastoral Institute (SoRPARI) and the Ethiopian Institute of Agricultural Research (EIAR) in close partnership with pastoral Forum of Ethiopia (PFE), Camel Forum Ethiopia (CFE) and Institute of Pastoral and Agro-pastoral Studies of the Haramaya University (IPAS) are organizing an International Camel Conference under the theme of "Camel Research and Devleopment: Enhancing Sustainable Livelihood of Ethiopian Pastoralists".
Purpose of the conference: The conference is meant to consolidate the available technology/information for the purpose of attaining millennium development goals plus growth and transformation targets in a challenging environment.
Conference participants and expected tasks: In this conference researchers, academicians, development workers, policy makers, pastoralists, international scientists and development partners shall converge to review the status of camel production and pastoralists livelihood from national, regional and global perspectives.