First things first: THANK YOU! Making this album has been something we've been dreaming of for many years now. This wouldn't be happening if it weren't for you, our lovely fans and patrons.
Now, seeing as how you guys funded us in the first 24 hours of our project, we didn't spend March resting on our laurels -- we started work pretty much right away establishing a few songs for the album and getting the requests from our top donors. Here's what we have so far in no particular order:
- I Wanna Be Sedated - The Ramones
- Do You Really Want To Hurt Me - Culture Club
- Creep - Radiohead
- Beautiful Accident - You're Pretty
- The Thrill Is Gone - B.B. King
- Pumping For Jill - Iggy Pop
- Safety Dance - Men With Hats
- Battlefield - Emerson, Lake, and Palmer
- Sway - Dean Martin
- Bad Things - Jace Everett
This is by no means a definitive list. We're trying out a lot of these songs to see how well they come together and how they gel. Apart from the top donor requests, some of these songs might not make the final CD. Since recording time is essentially free for us, we're going to overdo it a bit and pick the songs that sound the best.
So what does this all mean? We're still looking for suggestions! Some of the more oddball songs (like Pumping For Jill) have been turning out quite amazing. But we need more ideas! Add them in the comments section of our KickStarter page:
Finally, you may notice that we ended up with more money than we asked for (141% funded to be exact). We're kicking around how best to spend this extra money. Beer has already been eliminated, leaving a few other options on the table:
- MOAR SONGS - We can cram some more tunes on the disc and pay the licensing
- Pro CD - Instead of well made CD-Rs we may spring for the glass mastered "real" CDs
- Pro Mastering - Mastering is the final step before sending the disc off to the plant for duplication and is the final "sweetener" to making an album sound really good. It's an arcane art that we're considering outsourcing to a pro.
At any rate we'll keep you posted as the album progresses.