In a world where a lifesaving cure comes in short supply, a doctor finds herself in the most disturbing moral position imaginable.
Set in London c. 2018, Culling explores British society under increased economic pressure due to a viral strain which is spreading through the more densely populated UK cities.
The development of a cure by injection has been costly and resources are limited. An allocation system has been devised whereby citizens are given hierarchical status according to their occupation. This system dictates who receives the injection first.
The film investigates the effect of this society on the prison system. Criminals have been categorised; the greater the crime, the higher the category. Those in the highest category must pass a short interview with a Tester in order to receive the injection.
Culling begins when Robin Howarth, prisoner, meets the woman he believes to be a doctor, the person he believes will administer his cure. But instead he meets a woman searching for a loved one, accidentally finding herself in the most disturbing moral position she could ever imagine.
With Your Help...
We've got a final script, shoot location and a wonderful cast and crew all ready to make this film happen. We've funded research and development on the script and a rehearsal period, but we need your help to get over the finish line.
Your donations will:
- Fund the creation of a detailed set, with carefully sourced props, some of original design
- Fund a successful shoot with ideal location, lighting and equipment hire
- Help us get the film into respected film festivals
- Pay our team of experts for their artistic input
- Support the work of exciting up-and-coming UK artists
- Make us extremely grateful!
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
We're experienced in collaborating with one another - as part of the Scary Little Girls Associate Artist roster, we've been working on successful projects together since 2003 - so we don't expect collaborator mishaps!
However, we are working in an unusual location. The film is set in a derelict building; in the story, it has been reclaimed by the government to fund a medicinal testing facility.
Therefore, we expect the location to have its challenges - it'll be a very basic space to work in, potentially very cold for a winter shoot, and we'll be asking our actors to put up with a somewhat uncomfortable environment.
Having said this, we do have a dedicated and hardy cast and crew with incredible focus and belief in the film. We'll have runners and production assistants on set and we've allowed a decent shoot duration, to give us room to breathe, relax and get the most out of the script and set.
We also have some very exciting production designers on the team, who we believe will create some intricate, original props which will really bring this fictitious world to life and make cast, crew and audiences engage in the film with ease.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
Pledge £10 or moreYou selected
- Thanks in the film credits - Download link to the filmEstimated delivery:
Pledge £20 or moreYou selected
- Thanks in film credits - Download link to the film - Signed Thank You card from the teamEstimated delivery:Ships within the UK only
Pledge £50 or moreYou selected
- Thanks in film credits - DVD of the film or download link - A ticket to your choice of Scary Little Girls events between Dec 2013 & Dec 2014 - Signed Thank You card from the teamEstimated delivery:Ships within the UK only
Pledge £100 or moreYou selected
- Thanks in film credits - Tickets to the 2014 Screening - DVD of film - 1 pair of tickets to your choice of any Scary Little Girls events between Dec 2013 & Dec 2014 - Signed Thank You card from the teamEstimated delivery:Ships within the UK only
Pledge £200 or moreYou selected
- Thank you in the special Super Generous Funders section of our film credits - VIP Tickets to the 2014 Screening and an opportunity to meet Writer, Cast and Crew - DVD of Film - 1 pair of tickets to your choice of any Scary Little Girls events between Dec 2013 & Dec 2014 - Signed Thank You card from the teamEstimated delivery:
Pledge £500 or moreYou selected
- Executive Producer Credit - VIP Tickets to the 2014 Screening and an opportunity to meet Writer, Cast and Crew - DVD of Film - Copy of the script - 2 x high res stills from the film - 3 pairs of tickets to your choice of any Scary Little Girls events between Dec 2013 & Dec 2014 - We’ll make you your own prisoner’s file, which will be part of our set. After filming, we’ll send it to you to keep - We'll write a feature on our Executive Producers on the Scary Little Girls website and newsletter - Signed Thank You card from the teamEstimated delivery:
- (22 days)