An immigrant and a race horse, who is born premature, fight for the chance at life in small town America and on the track.
We invite you to be a part of producing this eight-time award nominated short film into a feature-length movie! You will find details about our film Fin Del Año (Year's End) below.
Prime sub-plots of the feature length film: (scenes not seen in short film)
- Sergio (lead actor) lived in Peru with his wife and two children until 2007, when his wife and one of his children were killed by a car bomb set off by local rebel forces.
- Sergio meets Cecilia while in America and try to start a new family life together with their two daughters.
- Sergio arrives at Jack’s farm and introduces himself. Jack is less than cordial with him and tells him to bunk out in an RV behind the barn. There he must share the RV with a number of Mexican workers. They “welcome” him as an outsider, obviously having clicked together and unwilling to allow a newcomer into their fold, especially since he is not Mexican. The next day Sergio is shown around the facility and learns that it is also a horse quarantine. He is given the rundown of what duties he is expected to fulfill while there, and the scene gives a staunch parallel to immigrant horses and immigrant humans, contrasting the perceived value of each group in the eyes of Jack.
- Cecilia (Sergio's wife) becomes sick to the point that Maria (oldest daughter, 16 yrs old) and Marisol (daughter 8 yrs old) must leave her at the hospital in fear that they will be deported.
- Sergio encounters Elizabeth in the barn for the first time when she comes to visit a quarantined horse that she has imported from Arabia. Serge is in the horse’s stall caring for him and is startled when she shows up. He comments on the personality of the horse she has chosen, and she is intrigued by his connection with the animal. Sergio is interrupted by Jack, who calls him to the side to advise him that he must put down a runt colt. Sergio protests, but Jack puts him in his place and threatens to turn him in if he doesn’t comply. Sergio takes the colt out to shoot him but is having a difficult time doing it. That night Sergio is despondent. A thunderstorm moves in, and Sergio enters the RV to find a drunken group carrying on. Sergio takes his bedding and moves into the horse barn for the night. He prays to God for forgiveness for what he has done.
- Elizabeth is back with her horse to provide stud services, and she notices Sergio and his nameless horse. She in impressed with the work he is doing with the horse. Jack shows up and cuts their conversation short, giving Sergio the evil eye for fraternizing with the clientele.
- ICE agent, Frank Dupont locates Sergio’s visa info and discovers that it has expired. Frank discovers his job is more than an “9 to 5” and learns more about his objectives than previously.
- A horse doctor shows up to treat one of the adult horses, and Sergio accompanies him around the barn. Sergio subtly asks questions about caring for a premature horse. The doctor soon picks up on the fact that Sergio needs specific help. Sergio introduces him to the nameless horse and explains how he came to acquire it. The doctor gives Sergio some advice and offers to help him with anything else he may need. Sergio explains that he cannot pay, and the doctor looks around to be sure nobody can hear him and says that he will help anyway, but that will be their little secret.
- The Miller’s, next door neighbors whose time in the Korean war has made him tough on the outside slowly opens up to Sergio’s family.
- Sergio and "No Nombre" (horse) unite during the one year on the horse ranch.
- Elizabeth (horse buyer) sees how strong the horse has become, and she invites Sergio to test him on a racetrack.
Video interview with the director-what this film personally means to him:
Our director Joshua Porter talks with renown horse jockey, Frankie Lovato about the film and horse racing during his visit for research:
1. Major film festival, Sundance, Toronto, Cannes, Tribeca
2. Other prestigious festivals like, LA film festival, SXSW, Sarasota and more.
3. Foreign sales market in the South American region.
4. U.S distributor and possible limited theatrical release.
5. Home DVD sales
6. Television markets
Thank YOU for taking the time to review our film project. We hope you will partner with us and tell this wonderful story! - Joshua Porter, director
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Every film has challenges but our film experience includes multi-million dollar film productions and all the challenges that come with any budget. We are aware of situations that normally arise during the production process like budget restraints, SAG, inclement weather, and delivering on time.
Being a production company owner of I'AMedia studios and the vast knowledge it has brought we are well suited to handle the tasks and tackle any obstacles that might arise during production and post-production of Fin Del Año.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
-A digital download of Fin Del Año (feature-length version).Estimated delivery:
Pledge $49 or moreYou selected
-Digital copy of Fin Del Año (feature-length) -Full-size movie poster signed by cast membersEstimated delivery:Add $5 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
6 backers Limited (2494 left of 2500)
- All above Rewards plus... - Blu-ray DVD of Fin Del Año - Signed movie poster from the entire cast plus - Personal invite to an Ohio Film Premiere! (theater ticket and transportation not provided)Estimated delivery:Add $10 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $250 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (1000 left of 1000)
- All the above Rewards plus... - You'll receive "sides" used on set by the actors or crew. - AFTER PARTY with the cast and crew! (theater ticket and transportation not provided)Estimated delivery:Add $10 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $500 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (250 left of 250)
- All the above Rewards like the blu-ray copy and AFTER PARTY with the cast... - Premiere tickets NOW included! - And a cast signed copy of the film script used during cast rehearsals and before the film is released. (transportation not provided)Estimated delivery:Add $10 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $1,000 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (30 left of 30)
- All the above Rewards plus... - VIP guest with us on set for a day of filming and have a chance to be a featured extra in the movie. (travel not provided) - Share a cup of coffee with any actor of choice or Director.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $2,500 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (10 left of 10)
- All the above Rewards plus... - Be a guest Producer on set with us for 3 days of filming! - Lunch with the cast and crew - Featured or background extra in the movie for you AND a friend! (travel and lodging not provided)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $10,000 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (5 left of 5)
- All the above Rewards plus... - Executive Producer in the movie credits! - You will even attend a pre-production meeting and cast rehearsal. (Must provide own transportation and lodging)Estimated delivery:
- (31 days)