I've compiled the main ruleset from the rule book and placed them in a PDF. Strangely enough, the complete rulebook isn't that much more complicated than this four page PDF. The intricate pieces that are missing include things like scenario play, terrain definitions (rough terrain, ice, ramps, etc.) and other finicky definitions. In any case, I've uploaded them and you can grab them to check out!
Great Play Test This Weekend
I had the pleasure of testing the game out with all three vehicle types, three unique drivers, two unique weapons (one ranged, one base-to-base) and a few armor attachments. We played a standard 10 point battle (ended up 3 vs 3) and I learned a lot from the experience. Overall the core rules played quite well and I never felt like someone was overly broken... well, for the most part.
Here are the things that I learned and ended up changing:
- Players are encouraged to place tokens on their vehicle cards to show how many Action Points they have remaining. When playing with Light Vehicles, which has 3 Action Points, I kept forgetting to use all of my Action Points.
- Movement: Vehicles have to move at least 1" in order to turn, otherwise a vehicle can turn in place. While "doughnuts" and "spinning out" are possible moves, I wanted encourage movement and not simple repositioning.
- Ram Balancing: Doing automatic damage to all drivers and passengers during a Ram overly benefits a Light Vehicle vs a Heavy vehicle. A Light Vehicle could simply Ram a Heavy Vehicle until all Drivers were dead and negating the benefit of a heavily plated Heavy Vehicle.
- Ram Balancing: Using Base Movement Speed to determine damage in a Ram Bonus overly benefits a Light Vehicle since its Base Movement speed is usually higher. Created a new damage table to properly spread out damage amongst vehicles.
- Targeting: If there are two+ valid targets, the active vehicle may choose which vehicle to target.
- Cards: Definitely to continue to flesh out Drivers, Passengers and Attachments.
Very exciting! Hopefully I'll some more updates soon.