Revised shipping schedule
- Developer Kit Backers: MiiPC API reference documentation to be provided by September 30th.
- Early Bird Backers & Developer Kit Backers: shipments are scheduled to begin the week of September 30th.
- All remaining Backers: shipments are scheduled to begin the week of October 14th.
All MiiPC devices will be shipped in bulk from our manufacturing facility in Korea to our global fulfillment center in Los Angeles. Then, our LA fulfillment center will be sending each MiiPC device to the shipping address you all have given us. We will provide tracking numbers to everyone just as soon as they are available.
So with that out of the way… now for some good news!
Free additional USB Port Upgrade for everyone!
MiiPC Hot-key stickers
In designing the MiiPC interface we created hot-key functions (F1 through F12) to provide you with quick access to popular actions & utilities.
Every member of our team participated in the extensive testing of MiiPC. As we usually connected standard Windows style keyboards, many of us kept forgetting which function keys performed the different actions. We figured some of you would experience the same issue… so we designed a set of hot-key stickers that you can add to your keyboard, which saves you from having to purchase a new Android-specific keyboard.
Each of you will receive a complimentary set of MiiPC hot-key stickers as a token of our appreciation!
What’s in the MiiPC Packaging Box?
We are putting together the final touches for the MiiPC packaging box (sneak peek below). Once you receive your MiiPC box, you will find alongside the MiiPC device, a power adaptor, MiiPC Quick Start Guide and MiiPC hot-key stickers.
Lifetime MiiPC Membership
Every MiiPC unit from Kickstarter comes with a lifetime MiiPC membership. This includes:
- Free MiiPC Companion Mobile app: Remotely monitor, manage and control MiiPC devices from the MiiPC Companion Mobile App, which will also provide you with MiiPC usage history for each user. The app will be available in both Apple Apps Store and Google Play shortly.
- MiiPC Parental Web Portal: The same features provided by the MiiPC Companion Mobile App are also available through the MiiPC Parental Web Portal. The Parental Web Portal can be accessed using any major browser from anywhere - including the MiiPC device itself. This provides an easy alternative to the smart phone apps we are providing.
- MiiPC Web App Center: Complete access to over 500 hand-picked web applications for you and your children. We have curated a kids category with many kid-friendly resources.
- MiiPC Media Server application: Using the MiiPC device, you can easily stream multimedia content to your local Android tablet or Android smart phone without needing Internet access. This allows you to make MiiPC your media hub!
- MiiPC Featured Apps application: We have created the ‘MiiPC Featured Apps’ store which contains a list of popular Android apps to get you started. We have tried these apps with MiiPC and think you will enjoy them. We will prebundle this application with your MiiPC, meaning you will be able to access it just as you would any other Android application to select and download any of the featured apps at your discretion.
This is just our first step in the life of MiiPC. We will continue to enhance and improve features based on your feedback and suggestions! We will provide regular updates to MiiPC’s software to make your MiiPC device smarter and even more useful. The fun is just getting started, and we can’t wait to get your devices to you!
MiiPC Forum (Unofficial MiiPC site) for Techies
The fun doesn’t stop there! For the more techie parents or users, we will share tips & tricks to explore ‘hacking’ options to MiiPC and much more. This will be a forum that is open to all users, so they can discuss and share their knowledge as well.
We would like to hear from you! If you have any comments or queries at all, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For MiiPC specific questions, please check our website www.miipc.com. We will be creating a lot of useful resources in the next 2 weeks such as FAQs and Troubleshooting sections.
And, as mentioned above, we will be opening our MiiPC Forum very soon.
Thank you, From the entire MiiPC Team