Mobile application that combines gaming and nutrition education to promote healthier lifestyle choices.
What is My Food Fight!™ ?
My Food Fight!™ is a mobile app that focuses on teaching kids better eating habits through the use of game play. The progression of the game is an ongoing FOOD FIGHT that brings to life scenarios where the player needs to make choices that have positive and negative energy impacts.
Playing the Game/ Player Energy:
- A cartoon character travels through fields, farms, and industrial plants on his journey to improve his "energy-meter" with nutritious food
- Each player gets only 1 life - after all, we're trying to keep it somewhat realistic :)
- Each player gets 3 nutrient nuggets that add energy to the character's energy-meter, when needed.
- Players will come across many different landscapes that have subtle messages of positive environmental benefits.
- Choosing the right food will pay off big!!! Points and badges are awarded for consumption of the appropriate fruits and vegetables!
- When the higher nutrient dense foods are consumed, the energy meter spikes, allowing the character to live longer in the game. Consuming the most nutrient dense foods and fighting off the food enemies will prolong the character's life.
- Players will be able to duck, crouch, and jump with the swipe of a finger!
- As the character consumes junk food, their energy will minimally increase. It will then suddenly drop, making it tougher to function in the game, and ultimately causing the adventure to end.
- The goal is to finish the game with a full energy meter, the highest score, and all reward badges.
What Is Your Contribution Supporting?
- Design costs to integrate the "Play, Learn, Share" platform for version 1
- Currently, all screen designs are being developed: First Review was 12/10/11, Second Review was 12/22/11
- Programming costs for Version 1
- Launch and Marketing costs for Version 1
- Costs to integrate iPad and other functionality
- Design costs for added fruits and vegetables
Why Should You Support the Development of this Game?
The sad truth is that America is in the middle of an obesity epidemic. Here are a few of the disturbing facts:
- There are 73 million obese Americans - by 2030, there will be 164 million
- High blood pressure costs our nation $76.7 billion dollars in: healthcare, medications, and missed days of work
- 49% of meals are consumed outside of the home
Child obesity has increased approximately 25% since the 1970's
- Gaming + Healthy Food can be positive! http://healthland.time.com/2012/01/10/how-online-games-can-influence-what-kids-eat/
We encourage you to jump on board the food movement, and help promote a healthier American lifestyle through your contribution to My Food Fight!™
We at c9 Organics truly appreciate your help and support, and look forward to creating future versions of the application! Here's to a healthier America!
To learn more about c9 Organics, visit www.c9organics.com
Intro Music: "And You Don't Stop" by 45 King
Closing Music: "Top of the Pops 2011" by Mashup - Germany
MY FOOD FIGHT! is a game that is primarily focused on kids, but content is also very applicable to adults food consumption.
We're shooting for a late February, early March launch in the APP Store.
We're anticipating this to be a paid app when launched with minimal "in app" purchase opportunities.
Initially it will only be designed for the IPHONE platform, with releases for IPAD later in 2012.
pledged of $35,000 goal
seconds to go
Funding Unsuccessful This project reached the deadline without achieving its funding goal on January 20, 2012.
Dec 12, 2011 - Jan 20, 2012 (39 days)
Pledge $1 or more
Organic Supporter: Receive eternal homage with your name posted on our website as “Organic Supporter” of the food movement. We’ll also send a Thank You e-card and keep you posted on the project's progress.Estimated delivery: Feb 2012
Pledge $29 or more
Organic Culinary Kickboxer in Training- White Turnip Belt: Be the proud owner of the Organic Center’s Produce Pocket Guide and receive early access to smartphone releases. You’ll also get all the fun goodies mentioned above!Estimated delivery: Feb 2012
Pledge $49 or more
Organic Culinary Kickboxer-Yellow Pepper Belt: Shop fashionably in our environmentally friendly and reusable “C9 Organics Farmers Market Bag” made from organic cotton! You’ll also receive the fabulous rewards mentioned above!Estimated delivery: Mar 2012
Pledge $69 or more
Organic Red Beet Belt: In addition to all rewards previously, Organic Supporter on our website! You get an Early Release & Testing of MY FOOD FIGHT! version 1, Organic Cotton Farmers Market Bag and Assortment of Organic Seeds for your garden!Estimated delivery: Feb 2012
Pledge $99 or more
Organic Culinary Kickboxer- Green Broccoli Belt: Encourage the health food movement by sporting our “What’s in YOUR food?” T-shirt made from organic cotton. Plus, you’ll collect all of the fun treats mentioned in previous rewards!Estimated delivery: Mar 2012
Pledge $199 or more
Organic Purple Carrot Belt: As a token of our gratitude and appreciation, we will bestow you with all of the aforementioned goodies AND make you an honorary creative partner for future “My Food Fight” enhancements. How cool is that?!Estimated delivery: Mar 2012
Pledge $599 or more
0 backers Limited (15 of 15 left)
Organic Golden Raisin Belt: In addition to a laundry list of goodies and the title of “honorary creative partner,” we will personally mail a copy of the Organic Center’s “Core Truths” to you!Estimated delivery: Apr 2012
Pledge $999 or more
1 backer Limited (4 of 5 left)
Organic Culinary Kickboxer- Black Fig Belt: Enjoy our educational and entertaining app on your very own 16GB Apple iPad 2 engraved with “C9 Organics,” AND have a character named after you in future versions of My Food Fight! Not to mention you’ll also be able to enjoy all of the rewards previously mentioned!Estimated delivery: Apr 2012
Pledge $1,099 or more
0 backers Limited (5 of 5 left)
Master Organic Belt: In addition to ALL of the rewards previously outlined, you will also be able to attend “The Organic Center’s 9th Annual Benefit Dinner” with 1 friend in Anaheim, CA in March of 2012, as guests of MY FOOD FIGHT! founders, Roger Cardoza and Eric Quick. You will also receive quarterly project updates via phone from Eric himself!Estimated delivery: Apr 2012