Young farmers need help investing in renewable technologies to run the farm.
We have grown food on both sides of this continent. We most likely have biked through your state. We have milked goats, kept bees, made sweet blackberry jam, spicy sauerkraut, and stuck our hands in compost piles so hot they burn.
We are part of the growing international trend of young, beginning farmers interested in repairing our broken food system. We believe that another method of eating is not only entirely possible, but essential to the continued existence of the human race. We are turning these convictions into a business plan, and taking the plunge into the awesome responsibility of our own farm.
We are running entirely on our own savings at the moment and need help in heating our greenhouses and getting access to potable water and soil amendments. We want the means by which we gather these resources to be environmentally sound.
-We would like to heat with a wood fired pellet stove. The stove is self regulating, freeing us from sleepover parties in the green house. The wood can come from Vermont instead of oil from far far away.
- A solar pump will provide water for the fields and an ultra violet filtration system will give us access to clean water for washing vegetables.
- Bulk materials for a compost pile will further allow us to heat our green houses while improving the quality, and yields from the soil.
Our long term goals are:
1. Grow sustainably produced food and flowers for the local community so as to improve the quality of life for ourselves and those around us.
2. Increase the knowledge and awareness of food and gardening in the local and visiting community.
3. Support ourselves financially through an enterprise we find to be beneficial for all involved, both directly and indirectly.
We are full of boundless ideas, energy, and exuberance. We wish to take root and become a model for living well. We want our farm to be a place where people can come not only for the best local food around, but to socialize, enjoy the local art scene, relax, get some ice cream and enjoy the Barton river. We want to engage as many people who are willing.
Thank you so very much in advance for your donation. Every little bit helps.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
Pledge $1 or moreYou selected
A big thank you from the bottom of our hearts.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
Hand written water color thank you card.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
Four Acre Farm Poster and thank you card.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
Four Acre Farm T-shirt and thank you card.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $250 or moreYou selected
Four Acre Farm poster and your choice of our farm honey, jam or hot sauce.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $500 or moreYou selected
Four Acre Farm T-shirt, poster and your choice of two our farm honey, jam or hot sauce.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $1,000 or moreYou selected
Super Sweet private beach party/dinner party on the glacial lake we live above. Or a large Stencil print on Canvas of Eat Local Biker Girl. 2.5 ft x 6.5 ftEstimated delivery:
- (35 days)