A table top RPG set in the near future, where corporate giants fight for control of a new, mystic frontier within the second reality.
- Check out the updates for more info!
What would have happened if China wanted to collect after America was at its worst point financially? How would the landscape be different if groups like the Anons ramped up their attacks and info gathering? Who would we turn to when our governments are at war with each other, and at the breaking point? These are just a glimpse into the events that shape Division.
Division is a table top role playing set in the near future city of Neo Uruk. The story tells the tale of corporations rising above and taking over nations. Three corporations in particular lead the charge in this and are the most powerful. But the story takes a unique twist when one corporation begins developing A.R. (Augmented Reality) to “benefit” all of mankind. Little do we know that this is all a ruse, to keep us blind from the fact that they have found a way to turn our bodies into vessels.
The real purpose A.R. is to open us up to a frequency discovered through decades of research, forcing some of us to be digitally possessed by “Angels” or ”Demons”. Some of us are taken over completely, while others gain use of special powers. This stirs conflict on all fronts, between rebels and corporations, angels and demons and everything in between.
With the advent of A.R. people begin to see these “Angels” and “Demons” on city streets, seemingly normal people with digital wings. Old and new metaphysical cults blend technology with newfound powers like psychic abilities and magic, and back alley scientists offering designer genetics as an alternative to cheap cybernetics give normal people a way to level the field. All of this transpires under a global corporate plot that has us traded like cattle.
Wrap all of this together within a setting with multiple plot layers and a city teeming with friction and conspiracy around every corner, and you can almost see everything Division will have to offer.
You can check out this link for more in depth info on Division.
This game uses the Act Ten rules system, designed from the ground up to be accessible, easy to learn and fun to use. Act Ten uses 1d10 for everything in the game, keeping rolls quick. I am not going to pretend this is the first system of it's kind, but here are some of the features I think you will see separates the Act Ten system:
- All the angles. With multiple variables on your dice rolls, the Actor has the power to steer the outcome of the Scene.
- Overflow (check out maneuvers). one roll can evolve into many outcomes. What starts as a sidestep can become a parry, or even a counter attack! Damage becomes greater the higher you roll, and Digital spell effects grow. It's not about passing or failing, but how much you do it by.
- Precision Tuning (bottom of the page). You have more options than ever to customize your characters specializations. Modify your target numbers, add a bonus to your roll, beef up your overflow and reduce the time it takes to do something!
- Instant experience. You get XP every time you do something, which allows your character to learn new skills on the fly. This means the proactive player will be rewarded, and you will advance naturally, as you play.
- Custom builds. Create your character just how you want them. Act Ten relies on skill choices instead of classes to dictate what your character is. and with our experience system, your character can evolve in any direction you want to take them.
- Neo Uruk. The setting for Division is being built in 3D, which will allow me to built better more accurate maps. This also represents a huge playground for your game, giving you all the space you need to set up cool new locales.
- Augmented Reality. Add an extra layer to your games. With A.R. characters see and interact with a world within a world! Take combat into the digital landscape, utilizing visual layers and programs, even opening up new possibilities including...
- Digital Magic. Special powers unlocked only in A.R. allow you to execute "scripts" unleashing great power. Use the cities magnetic grid to lock down opponents or scramble cybernetic functions.
There is way more to mention about the rules, but you can preview all of this on the Act Ten Role Playing Network, where we have the rules, story and support for our community.
Our support doesn’t stop with the book! When you back the Kickstarter for the production of our first book, you can also become a part of the Act Ten Role Playing Network. Here you can create an account and join the community, which will keep you involved all the way up to final production in or before January. Here are some of the things you can do in the network:
- Create a complete profile, and take advantage of features like those found on Facebook, Google Docs and Obsidian Portal, custom tailored for Division!
- Earn points! Everything you do on the network gets you points that you will eventually be able to use in site wide raffles. We will soon be giving away all kinds of stuff on the site.
- Reference the rules. We have a basic outline of the rules on the site for everyone to preview, and even use in tandem with the book for Directing your Episodes!
- Have a voice! Act Ten is where the developers and community will come together to decide the fate of the game.
We have a lot more planned for the site, so check it out!
We want to be clear here, the Act Ten Role Playing Network is NOT attached to this Kickstarter in any way! When you decide to support this Kickstarter, you are helping publish our first book and getting some cool rewards! You are NOT funding site development or any of its features, Thanks!
Division is a table top role playing game using the Act Ten rules. This Kickstarter is for fast tracking the completion of the book. I have two main goals with this project:
1. All of the core rules are complete. At this point I just need to finish some special FX sections, art and story elements.
2. I would love to spread the word about this game! As my first foray into the role playing game industry it's more important for me to get the Act Ten name out than try to make a million dollars. That's why I am putting the .PDF at the one dollar backer level!
If you go to the Act Ten web site here, you will see my devotion to this project, and my vision for the future of Division and Act Ten. I have been working on the rules and story for about ten years, and I want everyone involved in this project with me. I am proud of the new direction of the game, and I think together we can make something great!
The funding from this Kickstarter will go into a few different areas. The basic expenditure outline for any funds is taxes and percentages, Followed by reward and stretch goal fulfillment. I have priced everything fairly close to the hip, but anything left over will go towards future content.
Be sure To check the graph at the top of the page to see how we are doing!
The second stretch goal will be a poster of Neo Uruk, complete with a legend and all the backer chosen street names! Let me know what else you want to see and I will work on it.
*All stretch goals are only for level two backers and above (sorry, but I can't realistically get shipping and production done for the $1.00 level)
**All stretch goals will be shipped with completed book (I’m only doing this to help spread the cost of shipping)
Finally, I will take 10% of any stretch goal funding and put it back into other great projects on Kickstarter!
And finally, here are some preview images of some of the backer rewards! They may see some slight changes on their way to production, but you shouldn't notice anything.
Division and the Act Ten Role Playing Network are attached to 3GT Graphics, owned by me, Chris Martin. As my freshman effort into the industry this has been mostly a solo effort, “mostly”. I have the honor of getting some much needed assistance from some of the following people:
Greg Fry, who has been doing the bulk of the design work on “Neo Uruk”. Greg is an accomplished architect and has been building our setting in 3-D.
Logan Meyers, who provides support within the network to our users. As a military veteran, he has also helped streamline weapons and equipment within the game.
Bill Spotts, who has helped in revisions and editing. As a gifted writer and accomplished game master, he has had valuable input through quite a few phases of game development.
Beyond these people, I have had plenty of input from not only my play testers, but the Act Ten community as well. And it is my hope to keep it that way for a long time to come!
Thanks for checking out the project!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
pledged of $6,000 goal
seconds to go
Funding Unsuccessful This project reached the deadline without achieving its funding goal on July 18, 2012.
Jun 18, 2012 - Jul 18, 2012 (30 days)
Pledge $1 or more
Data Merchant: get a .PDF of the rules and our first setting, Division! You will also have your name added to the site as a corporate backer OR Anon rebel. You can't find a better $1.00 reward than this!Estimated delivery: Jan 2013
Pledge $20 or more
Corporate Handbook: (All previous rewards) You will receive the Division RPG softcover book! This book will be a limited edition run only for backers. The book will be around 120 pages, black and white with art. Take the game into data free zones! (please add $15.00 for shipping outside the continental U.S.)Estimated delivery: Jan 2013
Pledge $30 or more
Propagandist: (All previous rewards) Get a backer only Rize Corp. poster to show off your support of the project! (please add $20.00 for shipping outside the continental U.S.)Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $40 or more
Neo Uruk Visitor: (All previous rewards) Get a one time print run backer shirt to show off your supports of the project! (please add $20.00 for shipping outside the continental U.S.)Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $50 or more
Hardware: (All previous rewards) This is the complete package. You will receive a custom Act Ten D10! So when you factor in everything else, $50.00 gets you the .PDF, book, poster, shirt and dice! It doesn't get any better!Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $60 or more
0 backers Limited (20 of 20 left)
Corporate Sponsorship: (All previous rewards) Have a street named after you in Neo Uruk! People around the world will say your name, of course if that's where their character died it might not be out of joy. (please add $20.00 for shipping outside the continental U.S.)Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $70 or more
0 backers Limited (15 of 15 left)
R&D Department: (All previous rewards) I will work with you to develop a piece of equipment for the game (with art)! This could be anything from a piece of electronics to weapons or even vehicles! Except death rays, I will want to keep the game balanced. (please add $20.00 for shipping outside the continental U.S.)Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $80 or more
1 backer Limited (9 of 10 left)
Corporate Profile/Most Wanted: (All previous rewards) You and I will make a custom npc with character art named after you (or whoever you like)! The best part is this character will be used in the main story progression based on the personality YOU outline for them. Canonizing you forever in Act Ten! Keep in mind please, you wont be able to make "ruler of the world" or anything, but your character will definitely be more than the gas station attendant. (please add $20.00 for shipping outside the continental U.S.)Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $90 or more
0 backers Limited (5 of 5 left)
Corporate Uprising/Rebel Leader: (All previous rewards) Going one step beyond the last reward, now you can create your own group in the game! We will work one or two time line events in for you, help you create your character, group structure and goals (complete with art)! Your group will be used in the story and fully integrated into the game! This will be subject to some balancing guidelines, but I will work with you to get you what you want. (please add $20.00 for shipping outside the continental U.S.)Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $100 or more
3 backers Limited (2 of 5 left)
Corporate HQ/Rebel Hideout: (All previous rewards) When you add in everything else, this puts you right in the middle of the game! I will work with you on all of the above stated rewards, and help you conceptualize your own building in Neo Uruk (plus a few floors inside)! This throws your creativity right in the middle of the action! Because we will be releasing assets for the community to create their own top down maps, we will not lay out an entire building, but we will try to hit as many of the important points as you want to, unless your building is small, then we can do the whole shabang! (please add $20.00 for shipping outside the continental U.S.)Estimated delivery: Sep 2012