This has been a very fast two weeks! We are officially at the halfway point, and while we are not yet halfway funded (as of the time of this post), we are VERY close to that mark and are very appreciative for the support so far - so thanks for that ;)
I would also like to take this opportunity to share some screenshots with you, as well as some additional information related to them! We wanted to wait until we had some more things fixed and tweaked, but I'm not much of one for "rules", so here they are now!
Please keep in mind we're not yet to Alpha (we should be there next week) so some things here are not yet polished...
1. Mob Selection/Creation. "Mob" in this sense refers to any non-players...
2. Mob Updating. From the above screen, the following screen is what you see when you select a Mob...
3. Tracker. The screen below is what we call the "Tracker" and it is... well, the initiative/turn tracker. The "Round" in this case is just an example. You can see the person whose turn it currently is, is highlighted blue.Mobs has a red bar on the left and you can see the Goblin and Skeleton have effects on them...
4. Tracker Re-ordering. From the above screen, you can select "Options" and then "Re-order" which will allow you to drag and drop the participants into any order you would like. You can see the Goblin is currently being dragged down from the second to third position, which shifts "Nicole" into the second position from the third. Her and the Goblin have quickly swapped places!
5. Tracker Notifications. After "Nicole" was moved to the second position (previous screenshot) we applied a "Poisoned" effect to her. We then clicked "Next Turn" at which point the following notification pops up as a reminder of the effect. If more had been applied, they would all appear here. If some were set as "End of Turn" they would appear under the "Start of Turn" effects.
This window (above) is especially great for players, making sure they don't forget an effect. If a duration is set for the effect, it will automatically be removed at the appropriate time, but at any time, the DM can remove any effect.The DM sees these notifications by default.
A DM can share a unique URL that leads to their Tracker with ANYONE. Everyone viewing the Tracker (that is not the DM) is considered a "Viewer" (even if they are actually Players in the game).
Viewers can select any participant and choose to see their popup notifications. In this way, a Viewer that happens to be a player can simply select their character and have it remind them of applied effects each "round". The cool thing is that an effect can be ANYTHING! For example... have a player that always forgets to roll their Saves at the end of their turn? Simply create a "Roll Saves" effect (could be named anything) and apply it to the Player for "End of Turn"!
It can be hard to get your Players to even read an email about the game they play in not to mention trying to get them all to create accounts for various tools - so we didn't want them to even have to make an account. Instead, they simply visit the URL of the current tracker - that's it!
Thanks again everyone for the support!
If you have helped us fund already, we want to thank you again - we really appreciate it. If you haven't, please consider that (of course), but additionally we really appreciate people sharing our project with others ;)
If you have questions, please feel free to contact me here or on Twitter @theweem.
pledged of $2,000 goal
seconds to go
Funding Unsuccessful This project reached the deadline without achieving its funding goal on May 4, 2012.
Apr 4, 2012 - May 4, 2012 (30 days)
Pledge $1 or more
We appreciate pledges of any amount, including $1!Estimated delivery: May 2012
Pledge $5 or more
This is an excellent pledge if you are looking to support Track Initiative but don't need an Account Subscription yourself!Estimated delivery: May 2012
Pledge $10 or more
For this pledge, you will get an active 1-year Account Subscription for Track Initiative!Estimated delivery: May 2012
Pledge $20 or more
For this pledge, you will get an active 2-year Account Subscription for Track Initiative, plus, as an added BONUS, you will have early "Beta" access starting near the beginning of MayEstimated delivery: May 2012
Pledge $40 or more
Everything included in the previous reward but, your Account Subscription will not expire!Estimated delivery: May 2012
Pledge $60 or more
Everything included in the previous reward PLUS, you will be credited as a "Supporter" on the website (plus receive a "Supporter" badge on your account).Estimated delivery: May 2012