A beautifully crafted aluminum amplifier. Over 6x better at reflecting sound than its plastic competitors.
AS SEEN ON...
- Mashable.com -- "Solves a common grip... while matching other Apple products"
- iDownloadBlog.com -- "With a goal of preventing hand cupping and create an elegant product in the process, 7decibels hit their mark."
- AppAdvice.com -- "High-quality, yet inexpensive, sound amplifier."
- PadGadget.com -- "Will appeal to users that don't want to mess with the device's clean lines."
- MiniDigita.com -- "It looks like it could have been made by Apple!"
- DimasCorner.com -- "I am confident that those that travel with their iPad would appreciate this little gadget!"
- FirstPost.com -- "Innovative product that attaches effortlessly to your iPad."
- TrendHunter.com -- "overcomes limitations of tablet sound in a package that meets the sleek Apple aesthetic."
- iPadNews.nl -- "How does it work? My guess is either nano-suction or MAGIC. Take your pick."
- AndroidToApple.com -- "Doesn't look like an external accessory, but an integrated component of you iPad."
OUR IPADS HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY
- We use them to watch our favorite movies or TV shows, jam to our favorite music, and pass time with incredible games
- But there is one problem faced by all of us who own an iPad... and that's its rear-facing speaker
NEVER CUP YOUR HANDS AROUND YOUR IPAD AGAIN
- Sabine is an elegant device that attaches to your iPad and redirects the sound toward the front
- Sabine is made from the best materials and manufacturing process available
- Sabine grips iPad using an innovative material allowing it to be removed and attached... over and over again
FINALLY, SOUND AMPLIFICATION THAT LOOKS AS GOOD AS IT SOUNDS
- Sabine is laser cut with exacting precision from high quality aluminum
- To finish Sabine, we chose clear anodization... the same process Apple uses to finish their products like iPad
- Sabine attaches without adhesive, it leaves no residue and if it loses its grip, simply wash it off and let it dry
WE AGONIZED OVER EVERY DETAIL
- We went through multiple mock-ups, models, and prototypes
- Everything from the subtle bend at the end of Sabine (to match the curvature of iPad) to the radius of the four corners was scrutinized
- This attention to detail becomes apparent when you begin using your Sabine
OUR GOAL WITH SABINE WAS SIMPLE
- We wanted to eliminate the need to cup our hands around our iPads
- But do so in a way that complemented Apple's design language
- We succeeded by using superior materials and clean, elegant lines
- We are crazy about the way it turned out, and hope you are too
FOUNDED BY ENGINEERS WITH A LOVE FOR APPLE PRODUCTS
- We are highly trained nerds, err professionals
- So naturally, we studied material properties when deciding what Sabine should be made from
- What we found was impressive... aluminum is over 6 times better at reflecting sound than plastic
THE HARD PART IS DONE, NOW WE JUST NEED YOUR HELP
- iPad owners the world over are cupping their hands behind their tablets as we speak
- With your help, we can stop this madness once and for all
- The design is complete, suppliers lined up... we just need a little Kickstart
WE HIT OUR ORIGINAL GOAL... Let's Celebrate!
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
We have already selected a manufacturer for Sabine and have received the production prototypes you see in the video. We have had discussions with our supplier on their ability to scale up production once the Kickstarter campaign is funded. They have assured us that they will be able to produce the estimated quantities needed with no sacrifice to the quality of Sabine. We will be personally inspecting each Sabine prior to shipment. This will ensure our backers receive only the very best we have to offer.
We have done our homework and have picked a supplier we think can grow with us, but until we see the results we must carry this as a risk. It's not a question of whether they can craft Sabines to our level of quality, but whether they can ramp up production to meet the demand of what will hopefully be a wildly successful Kickstarter!
Sabine will grip any smooth, flat surface and will redirect sound for the original iPad. That being said, the curvature of the Sabine was specifically designed to match the contours of iPad2, the "New iPad", and the new "New iPad" (*shakes head at Apple's "new" naming convention* :)
We have tested Sabine with a limited number of cases that we have in our possession. It really comes down to the material the case is made from. Sabine will cling to any smooth, hard, flat surface and most of the cases we tried did work.
Kickstarter is very clear on rewards with multiples of something. This is a guideline that recently changed and we respect their decision to update their rules. Kickstarter is an amazing avenue to launch products and get the ball rolling. Please help by spreading the word to that friend or family member you were going to buy for!
Excellent! Our ultimate goal with Sabine has always been to get it into a retail environment. Please contact us directly at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
pledged of $10,000 goal
seconds to go
Mar 1, 2013 - Apr 10, 2013 (40 days)
Pledge $3 or more
Every pledge helps. This one will get you mentioned on our website AND access to "backers-only" updates!Estimated delivery: May 2013
Pledge $20 or more
100 backers All gone!
EARLY ADOPTER AWARD - One beautifully crafted Sabine. Help jump-start this campaign and receive a Sabine for $5 off.Estimated delivery: May 2013Add $20 to ship outside the US
Pledge $25 or more
INTERNATIONAL EDITION! One beautifully crafted Sabine with international friendly shipping costs. Your iPad will thank you :) After running some of your addresses through our shipping calculator, we were able to significantly reduce international shipping costs. (PLEASE ADD $5 FOR CANADA AND $10 EVERYWHERE ELSE)Estimated delivery: Jun 2013Add $10 to ship outside the US
Pledge $25 or more
50 backers All gone!
BLACK ANODIZED SABINE! Let's be honest, Sabine in blacked looked too cool to hold it back until 1st stretch goal is hit... We felt obligated to get this little beauty into the wild. So we are offering a limited run of 50 black Sabines. Once those are gone, you'll have to hustle to help us hit our stretch goal if you still want one :) (PLEASE ADD $5 FOR CANADA AND $10 EVERYWHERE ELSE)Estimated delivery: Jun 2013Add $10 to ship outside the US
Pledge $25 or more
One beautifully crafted Sabine. Your iPad will thank you :)Estimated delivery: Jun 2013Add $20 to ship outside the US