F.U.D.G.E.'s season opener tells the true story of a historical scandal in America! Join us Oct 12-20 @ the Arsenal Center for the Arts
The F.U.D.G.E. Theatre Company is continuing their work in cultivating a love for theatre with their production of Parade by Jason Robert Brown and Alfred Uhry. This production marks the opening of F.U.D.G.E.'s 12th season of bringing fresh and unconventional theatre to its audience for reasonable prices.
Parade's score garnered a Tony Award, and F.U.D.G.E. undertakes this project with our own Award-winning team. Parade is directed by Founding Artistic Director and IRNE Award nominee Joe DeMita, and music directed by IRNE Award winner Steven Bergman.
About Our Project:
Parade is based on the true story of factory owner Leo Frank. In 1913, Leo Frank, a Brooklyn-raised Jew living in Georgia, is put on trial for the murder of 13-year-old Mary Phagan, a factory worker under his employ. Already guilty in the eyes of everyone around him, a sensationalist publisher and a janitor's testimony seal Leo's fate. His only defenders are a governor with a conscience, and eventually, his assimilated Southern wife, who finds the strength and love to become his greatest champion. This controversial murder trial became a national news sensation. The trial had lasting impact; the events subsequent to Frank’s trial led directly to the formation of the Anti-Defamation League, an organization that today continues to combat anti-Semitism and all forms of bigotry in the United States and abroad. By presenting this lesser known gem, F.U.D.G.E. is reaffirming their status as a company that makes an impact with stories that need to be told.
How You Can Help:
For the past twelve seasons, F.U.D.G.E. has relied on supporters like you in order to defray the costs of our productions. With a donation today, you will help ensure that F.U.D.G.E. is able to create a product that meets the high standards our audiences have come to expect while continuing to be affordable and accessible to our loyal followers and new theater-goers. We hope you consider showing your support for the arts, the community, and our company by clicking on the pledge levels to your right. Any amount of support you can contribute will help F.U.D.G.E. continue to bring productions like Parade to light.
Follow F.U.D.G.E. on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/fudgetheatre and Twitter @FudgeTheatre
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
pledged of $12,500 goal
seconds to go
Funding Unsuccessful This project reached the deadline without achieving its funding goal on October 3, 2012.
Sep 11, 2012 - Oct 3, 2012
Pledge $10 or more
• Postcard signed by the cast • Recognition in Program • Recognition on facebookEstimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $25 or more
• Poster signed by the cast • Recognition in Program • Recognition on facebook • One free concession item at Parade performanceEstimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $50 or more
• Poster signed by the cast • Recognition in Program • Recognition on facebook • Two free concession item at Parade performance • A complimentary ticket to ParadeEstimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $100 or more
• Recognition in Program • Recognition on facebook • Two free concession item at Parade performance • Pair of tickets to Parade • Pair of tickets to any other FUDGE show in the 2012-2013 season • Invite to the Exclusive Friends of FUDGE party • Name displayed on HD monitor in lobbyEstimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $500 or more
• Poster signed by the cast • Recognition in Program as Season Sponsor • Recognition on facebook as Season Sponsor • Unlimited free concessions at all FUDGE performances • Pair of tickets to Parade • Pair of Season tickets • Invite to the Exclusive Friends of FUDGE party • Name displayed on HD monitor in lobby • Verbal acknowledgement before each performance • Photo taken with cast after curtain call • Half page ad in programEstimated delivery: Oct 2012