Exelent, We have over 30 backers here on kickstarter.com! Some have pledged 500 dollars and the typical pledge amount seems to be 50 dollars or more! what an amazing show of support! Thank you all!
Please help spread the word more, at this rate, we just are not going to reach the 10,000 mark on time! We have just over 1 month to raise 8500 dollars, We need your help to achieve this. Tell your friends, tell everyone and remember No matter how much you pledge you still gain access to the game!
For those of you who have not seen the latest video on our Youtube Channel, Check it out, and subscribe to keep up to date with any new videos as they come along! In the new video you will notice that we have improved animations and much further advanced water effects, Things are moving along well! Let us know what you think about the newest video.
Some BIG news for Knights is that our game engine has just been updated! now with DirectX 11 support and a whole new terrain system, which includes natural weathering systems to allow for much more realistic results!
High-end rendering features include:
* Image-based reflections that allow surfaces of any shape to reflect an approximate version of scenes, with varying glossiness across surfaces, anisotropic HDR highlights and anti-aliasing;
* Subsurface scattering (SSS) that simulates the light that scatters inside semi-translucent materials, which makes character skin come alive;
* Anti-aliased masked materials that super sample the edges of masked and alpha-tested materials, resulting in highly realistic hair;
* Deferred rendering with MSAA support; * Bokeh depth of field providing close to film-quality DOF, with artist-controllable Bokeh; and
* High-quality dynamic shadows from many lights on the environment.
This is just some of the latest features made available to Knights Thanks to Epic Games, who have made the potential of making a game like knights possible. A million thanks from PlayGround State to Epic games.
What does this all mean for Knights? Well it means that long term, our art will be cutting edge at all times and yet scalable, to work on any system from Sonys NGP, or Apples Iphone/Ipad all the way up to the most powerfull gaming machine 5 years down the road. We can start expanding our graphics standards to match our vision and continue to develop knights for last, current and next generation game standards and systems. Bottom line, Thanks to these new tools at our fingertips, Knights just got better looking.
This is a good time to be an indie game developer!
Also, if you are a member of the IndieDB or ModDB, please check out our IndieDB page, we have some unique content and news posts over there, so check it out! and remember, the best way to stay up to date, is the Knights Facebook Group "The Book Of Knights!"
Thanks for your time and support! stay tuned for more updates!
Barry Collins Lead Artist PlayGround State http://www.PlayGroundState.com