I will be joining forces with many talented people to put out a long-awaited full-length album of songs that I have written.
For the last few years, I've been releasing material with the help of friends under the name Reverend. I've increasingly felt the need and importance of writing and producing a full-length album of my own original music. I'm asking you to consider helping me achieve this goal.
I believe the most important aspect of this process is going to be doing it with other people. I will be working with my great friends and talented musicians, Justin Ruddy, Bobby Krier, David and Andrew DeBaun, and Sam JC Lee, among others. In addition to these fine gentlemen, I will also need help from you: this album will be a partnership between friends.
So what's in it for you?
- Hopefully at the very least the satisfaction of knowing you've contributed to helping me achieve a long-standing creative goal.
- But beyond that, your contribution will give you a few real rewards (check out the list of incentives to the right).
- By contributing to this project, you're not just giving your money away as charity; you are essentially paying in advance for the finished product.
Where will your money go?
- Our hope is to produce an album of 10-12 original Reverend tracks.
- Your money will go towards paying for studio time, printing CDs, original album artwork, mixing and mastering, other logistics, and generally showing some love to all the amazing people who will be helping me put this thing together.
- I've already put down a deposit for studio time in December 2012 and January 2013, and aim to have the album ready for release by the spring of 2013.
Kickstarter is an all-or-nothing fundraising platform, so what you are doing at this point is pledging your support. You will only be charged - and the album will only get made - if I meet the $6,000 goal by the deadline. I hope to reach and go above the goal in time, but I can only do this with your investment, so please consider helping a brother out! Please feel free to check out the Reverend website for more info and songs.
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Consistency of sound: with a good song, there are always a thousand ways that you can produce it. Through weekly pre-production rehearsals (mostly us sitting around a keyboard or a guitar and mapping out the direction of the songs) over the last two months, we've been reigning in the many ideas for the songs to pare them down to their best elements and tie them all together.
Another fear is that only a few people will end up hearing the album. So we are planning a tour to promote the record as well as looking to blogs, social media, and record labels to support the album.
In every creative endeavor there is going to be a good deal of conflict. My initial instinct would be to avoid conflict, but some say that embracing the conflict (be it personal, spiritual, creative) is how the most beautiful art is made. I hope to embrace the challenge of this process and put out a beautiful record that we can be proud of.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
You will receive a digital copy of the recordEstimated delivery:
Pledge $15 or moreYou selected
Reward # 1 + a hard copy of the albumEstimated delivery:Add $5 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
Reward # 2 + a CD of demos and B-sidesEstimated delivery:Add $5 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
Reward #3 + a super hip, limited-edition Reverend t-shirtEstimated delivery:Add $5 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
Reward #4 + an acoustic Rev show at your houseEstimated delivery:Add $5 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $500 or moreYou selected
Reward #4 + a full-band Rev show at your house (Boston backers only)Estimated delivery:Add $5 USD to ship outside the US
- (30 days)