What do you get when you mix Angry Birds + Twitter + Twitter Birds? You get TWord Birds!!
TWord Birds: When Angry Birds Meets Twitter?! Round A
What do you get when you mix Angry Birds + Twitter + Twitter Birds? You get TWord Birds!! This game/Twitter app is a revolutionary break through mixing the best of casual gaming with social networking with an added twist that will be a major milestone in the social network frontier: The goal of making it a more positive and encouraging place!
So How Does This Game Work?
1. Tweet Your Message
2. Choose A TWord Bird. The game level will dynamically adjust to suit that birds style of play. For example, if you have a regular scene with a sky, terrain, and underground area, one bird will cause the game to focus only on the underground part because that bird’s mode of transportation is underground. Another bird will cause the scene to focus on the sky because that bird’s mode of transportation deals with sky, and so on and so on. People will be excited to go back and use their new bird on the previous levels to see how the level dynamically adjusts to accommodate that new bird.
3. Propel The TWord Bird Based Off Of Their Mode Of Transportation. (Each TWord Bird has a different way of propelling and guiding them. Through the level, which results in a totally different game-play experience per bird.)
4. Guide the TWord Birds using their abilities to overcome obstacles and avoid the Baddies. (Each bird has their own set of Baddies that will try to affect their personality and character in a negative way, if they succeed, game over, the tweet won’t go through.)
5. Get the TWord Bird to it’s destination to send off your tweet to the Social Networking World!
Every level has these main elements:
- The TWord Bird that you choose to use on the level.
- The Dynamic Level itself, which adjusts to fit the playing style of that particular bird.
- The type or way of transporting through the level, based on the bird you choose.
- The type of enemies or Baddies you will face on the level.
- The obstacles that you must use your abilities on, in order to progress through the level.
- The destination or goal itself to get to transport your tweet to the social network world.
- The 3 stars that you have which are your lifeline.
- The point system
Every TWord Bird has to manage and deal with these things:
- Their Abilities and Talents
- What keeps them progressing through the level (Ex. Using their ability in a particular place on the level may open doors for them to continue.)
- What they do when they lose lifeline
- The Baddies
Nests Pieces: There are 4 parts to every nest. The top piece, the bottom piece, the left piece and the right piece. When you collect all pieces of a certain type, that type of bird is unlocked and hatched available for you to use.
There will be numerous types of birds you can unlock throughout the game by collecting nest pieces. This will add powerful replay value to the game because you can go back to the previous levels and see how the level dynamically changes because of the new bird. Once the bird reaches their destination, the player will receive a point total for that level and it will be tweeted along with their rank.
Once You Reach The Goal: Each bird will have their own unique mode of transformation and they have their own way to propel them to the goal. Once the bird is propelled, the scene focuses on the area best suited for that particular bird. Now you must maneuver the bird through obstacles, and perform stunts according to the bird’s abilities. You must also avoid The Baddies as they try to contaminate your bird with their own negative personality. The last part of the challenge is guiding the bird to their final destination, the last obstacle.
Point System: The player gets points by going through level obstacles, performing different ability/stunts and collecting nests pieces. Also time is a factor in getting more points. You also get a delivery bonus for your delivery landing.
Way to lose: You start off with 3 stars. And when you get hit, you will lose a star. So if you get hit 3 times you will lose the game. Your bird will be then affect by the personality of The Baddies and will take on their characteristics then die.
OTHER FEATURES & PERKS:
- An integrated Twitter app that allows you to do simple tweeting of your messages and a scoring system that tweets your score to the Twitter community.
- The Great Wise Bird will help guide The Goodies (The Good TWord Birds) throughout the course of the game by giving powerful advice (He Calls, The Advice Of Life) And when you listen to him you unlock a lot of game secrets and achievements! They don’t call him wise for no reason!
- Features game system achievements and leader board
- Features Kip real life achievement system for in-game achievements.
Final Destination: The Great One (The Wise Bird) awaits to congratulate you for reaching your destination. He gives powerful advice that will help you get through each stage!
$10,000 GOAL: The money we are pledging will go towards artwork and developing costs of the game. We are looking to get as much funding possible.
$200,000 GOAL: We will be looking into totally using a different game engine, and it will be a larger production.
Exceeding higher than our pledge amount will be going towards better features, expand to more platforms, and market the TWord Birds game.
Will be slated to be released on these platforms: iOS. (Based on the outcome we will look to expand to more platforms.)
Every person who can help spread the movement would greatly be appreciated! Please share amongst your friends and family by TWEETING on TWITTER! LIKING on FACEBOOK! & SUBSCRIBING to our YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Website: www.TheWordExperienced.comYoutube.com/ TheWordExperiencedTV
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
pledged of $10,000 goal
seconds to go
Funding Unsuccessful This project reached the deadline without achieving its funding goal on June 6, 2012.
May 2, 2012 - Jun 6, 2012 (35 days)
Pledge $1 or more
A special thank you on our social networks (facebook, twitter) + TWord Birds Newsletter for special behind the scene news!Estimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $5 or more
A Special thank you on our website + previous reward tiersEstimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $10 or more
A special thank you on a special backers youtube video w/ the official TWord Birds Theme Song Playing! + previous reward tiersEstimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $15 or more
Your game will be turned into a special version of the game called, TWord Birds® Backers Edition, (it will have an exclusive menu, and other surprising content) + Exclusive desktop WALLPAPER for your PC, MAC, Tablet or mobile deviceEstimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $30 or more
MP3 Soundtrack + Access to exclusive Development Diary before release + Previous reward tiersEstimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $60 or more
PDF version art concept book + Special Backer Level + Previous reward tiersEstimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $100 or more
Be able to unlock the Backer TWord Bird® + Your name in the credits + TWord Bird® Target Practice Boxed Copy (Mac) containing game disc, DVD, Blu-ray of Development Diary + Portrait + Previous reward tiersEstimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $150 or more
Autographed COLLECTOR'S EDITION PREMIUM BOXED VERSION: TWord Bird® Target Practice Boxed Copy (Mac)+ TWord Bird® Backer T-Shirt (Not Available For Sale Anywhere Else) + Previous reward tiersEstimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $250 or more
0 backers Limited (1500 of 1500 left)
Autographed portrait + Autographed COLLECTOR'S EDITION PREMIUM BOXED VERSION TWord Bird® Target Practice Boxed Copy (Mac) (By Isaac and other key development team members) + 2 digital copies of the game (so you can leave your collector’s edition sealed up) + Previous reward tiersEstimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $500 or more
0 backers Limited (500 of 500 left)
Access to earlier playable BETA + TWord Bird® “I am a TWord Bird®” Culture Kit containing: Backer T-Shirt (Available Sizes: Small, Medium, Large), TWord Bird® Speaker Set for your digital device, Case (Hard Shell/Computer Sleeve: iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, Macbook/Pro/Air 11”,13”15”) + Previous reward tiersEstimated delivery: Jan 2013
Pledge $1,000 or more
0 backers Limited (200 of 200 left)
Have the Amicable TWord Bird® a secret bird that randomly brings out a friend to help him, Be One Of Those Friends, a friend named after you! + 1 Dynamic Section of the level Sketch And Digital Print of “The Supporting TWord Birds®” concept design Framed (NO 2 WILL BE THE SAME) signed by development team w/ Certificate Seal of Authenticity + Previous reward tiersEstimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $2,500 or more
0 backers Limited (25 of 25 left)
A portrait of a bird that looks like you, signed by all of us here at TWE Glorious Gaming! and placed in the photo gallery of the game + 3 Digital Copies Of Our Game + 1 Asset Sketch & Concept Framed (NO 2 WILL BE THE SAME) signed by development team w/ Certificate Seal of Authenticity + Previous reward tiersEstimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $5,000 or more
0 backers Limited (15 of 15 left)
A special avatar bird in the game that has the ability to look like you! + Your voice will be one of the sounds of a supporting npc’s in the game + 1 Dynamic Section of the level Sketch PLUS Digital Print of TWord Birds® of level concept design (NO 2 WILL BE THE SAME) screenshot signed by development team w/ Certificate Seal of Authenticity + Previous reward tiersEstimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $7,500 or more
0 backers Limited (15 of 15 left)
Spend an afternoon at The Word Experienced HQ: Glorious Gaming and LUNCH WITH THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM including Isaac Williams. Ask us anything! Talk to us about taking video games to another level from the ground up! Hear powerful testimonies of our plan to take over taking over the gaming industry with awesome games! (You must be able to travel to North Hollywood, CA) + 9 Digital Copies Of Our Game + Your voice will be a sound of one of “The Baddies” TWord Birds® + 1 Dynamic Section of the level Sketch And Digital Print of “The Baddies” concept design Framed (NO 2 WILL BE THE SAME) signed by development team w/ Certificate Seal of Authenticity + Previous reward tiersEstimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $10,000 or more
0 backers Limited (15 of 15 left)
COME TO AN EXCLUSIVE PRIVATE PARTY hosted by Isaac Williams and other key members of the Glorious Gaming team (must be able to travel to North Hollywood, CA), talk design, previous works or anything else you’d like to discuss as we host a private Glorious Gaming Tournament + Your voice will be a sound of one of “The Goodie” TWord Birds® + 1 Dynamic Section of the level Sketch And Digital Print TWord Birds® “The Goodies” concept design Framed (NO 2 WILL BE THE SAME) signed by development team w/ Certificate Seal of Authenticity + Previous reward tiersEstimated delivery: Feb 2013