Stretch Goal #1
If we reach 2000 backers, we're going to create another dungeon level beneath Thornkeep, which will be presented as an additional PDF download for everyone who has pledged $15 or more. This new level will be designed by Paizo's own Jason Bulmahn, and backers will be able to participate in a survey to determine the theme of that dungeon:
- Haunted Crypts: The dead do not rest easy in the crypts beneath the goblin warren. Undead prowl the ancient halls, but one lone figure moves among them, clad in scarlet robes, bearing an ancient silver lantern. What's worse, the dead seem to follow his commands.
- Lord of Webs: The halls beneath the goblin den are the home of countless spiders, spinning thick webs that block the way and snare the unwary. More than just mindless hunters, the spiders act with purpose, funneling their prey into the deeper halls where an even more dangerous foe awaits.
- The Statuary: Some master craftsman must have spent a lifetime carving all the statues carefully placed throughout the halls beneath the goblin lair. Oddly, the statues seem to be telling a story. While the meaning is not entirely clear, one thing is certain: Something terrible happened here and the malevolence behind it still lurks nearby.
- Watery Grave: The caverns beneath the goblin tribe's lair are flooded in places, apparently intentionally. Cunning traps and deadly chambers await those brave enough to risk the dark waters. Worse still, there are creatures that have taken up residence here, hunting in the stagnant pools.
- Forgotten Laboratory: The goblins of the dungeon's upper level took more than one trinket from the ancient laboratory that dwells beneath them. The wizard that created these items also performed dangerous experiments, many of which have gone out of control over the years. Stranger still, someone appears to be using the ancient equipment with sinister results.
This extra dungeon level won't be part of the Technology Demo, though, as it's very important to us that the demo is finished on time and on budget, and adding another level would take us off course. But it will be an official part of our world, and might possibly appear in the full game eventually.
Which leads us to another question some of you have been asking: If additional funding from the Kickstarter won't go towards making the demo bigger, what will it be used for? We're glad you asked! Extra funding will allow us to bring more resources to the table faster. We may be able to accelerate our hiring plan, and begin the task of expanding the work we're doing to create the technology demo into the alpha version of the game. And, of course, the more money we raise, the better Pathfinder Online looks to investors!
Help us achieve the goal of getting 2000 backers by telling everybody you know about Pathfinder Online and this Kickstarter! Talk it up on Twitter, Facebook, Google+… Heck, use Friendster, if that's still a thing! C'mon—fire up those modems and dial in to your local BBSs! Wire somebody a telegraph! Send up smoke signals! We believe you can make it happen!
pledged of $50,000 goal
seconds to go
May 9, 2012 - Jun 8, 2012 (30 days)
Pledge $5 or more
You'll be able to see an exclusive long video of the final Technology Demo. Additionally, in thanks for your backing, you’ll be listed in a Special Thanks section of the Goblinworks website as well as in the release of the Pathfinder Online game.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $15 or more
You’ll get access to the PDF of the Thornkeep book. In addition, you’ll get the $5 reward level.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $30 or more
You’ll become a member of the Goblin Squad, with a special icon on the Goblinworks messageboards. The Goblin Squad will receive special alerts letting them know about new information first, and we’ll give special priority to Goblin Squad members throughout the development process. This is your chance to identify yourself to us and to the community as a key supporter of Pathfinder Online. In addition, you’ll get the $15 reward level.Estimated delivery: Jul 2012
Pledge $50 or more
You’ll get a printed copy of the Thornkeep book. In addition, you’ll get the $30 reward level.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $75 or more
You’ll get a printed copy of the Thornkeep book autographed by author Rich Baker and members of the Goblinworks team, and a poster of the Thornkeep cover art by artist Wayne Reynolds. In addition, you’ll get the $30 reward level.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $100 or more
You’ll get a special Goblinworks T-shirt. In addition, you’ll get the $75 reward level.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $250 or more
61 backers Limited (189 of 250 left)
You’ll become a Goblinworks Founder, and will receive a certificate suitable for framing and a special Founder icon on the Goblinworks messageboards. You’ll also receive a Goblinworks Founder challenge coin. In addition, you’ll get the $100 reward level.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $500 or more
78 backers Limited (172 of 250 left)
You’ll become a Goblinworks Executive Founder, and will receive a gorgeous granite plaque with stand and a leather messenger bag with an embossed Goblinworks logo and a nifty e-gadget portfolio for your tablet. You’ll also receive a special Executive Founder icon on the Goblinworks messageboards. In addition, you’ll get the $250 reward level.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $1,000 or more
29 backers Limited (21 of 50 left)
You’ll be welcomed as part of a very small group of alpha playtesters in a closed playtest of Pathfinder Online. This will be a great chance for you to give us direct input on how Pathfinder Online ends up looking and playing in its final incarnation. In addition, you’ll get the $500 reward level.Estimated delivery: Jan 2013
Pledge $2,000 or more
1 backer Limited (9 of 10 left)
You’ll be welcomed to Goblinworks HQ in Redmond, Washington for a unique chance to play the technology demo. After getting a chance to play the demo, you will have lunch with members of the Goblinworks staff where you can ask questions and find out what it is like to work on Pathfinder Online. If there are enough backers at this level who can make it on a particular day, we will schedule them together—playing with a larger group will be much more fun! Otherwise, we will work with you to find a mutually acceptable day. Backers at this level are responsible for their own transportation and lodging. In addition, you’ll get the $1,000 reward level.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $5,000 or more
2 backers Limited (1 of 3 left)
You’ll get the ultimate one-on-one experience at Paizo and Goblinworks HQ! Bring up to five guests for a five-hour Pathfinder RPG gaming session with the celebrity GM of your choice: Rich Baker, Jason Bulmahn, James Jacobs, Erik Mona, or Wes Schneider. You’ll also enjoy a three-hour nine-course dinner at the world-famous Herbfarm restaurant with Ryan Dancey, Lisa Stevens, and your celebrity GM. We will regale you with stories from our times in this industry and answer your questions in an intimate setting. Backers of this level are responsible for their own transportation and lodging. In addition, you’ll get the $2,000 reward level.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012