To our loving fans and supporters,
It's been such a long time! I know, and we've had our heads down, making this whole music thing happen. We're on the final stretch now and we know we're long overdue for an update as to what in the world is happening with us. Here we go!
In the last four months, we've been doing amazing things:
1) We finished mixing the album and we finally got a hard copy of the music! It's in our hands now and we've been marketing the hell out of it. Sending it to blogs, newspapers, magazines, music reps, etc. We're just building the hype for when it releases.
We also just got the single to our album, "Rock Under My Feet" up on iTunes! Check it out: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/rock-under-my-feet-single/id497517872
Take a listen to the track, review it and share it with your friends on Facebook. You don't have to buy it though because you guys will be getting the music anyway :)
2) We've been assembling an amazing group of musicians for our CD release party! We don't have a date yet for our release party but we'll send out a notice once it's solid.
3) We got t-shirts! Yeah, that's right, we got t-shirts. And a logo! We put our newly crafted logo on the t-shirts. Seems obvious, but boy does it look hot ;) (See below)
4) We're redesigning our website. We're giving it a total face lift and making it look like it professional (not like it was made in my room late at night ;) Check back in February to see the full site in all it's glory.
5) Oh and....we made a music video! It seems so simple but man, if there's one thing that makes a musician feel pro, it's a music video. It looks really good too! We'll probably release the video once our site is up and running in February.
So here's the 411 on when we're going to release our CD. We are officially making our CD available to the public on March 13, 2012. Why, you ask? Well, in this 3 months since we received it up until March 13, we have been marketing the hell out of it. This is so we can hype up our music and create an event around the release date. It's a whole marketing technique where we talk up our music, get reviews and get people talking about it before it's released.
But don't worry. You will all get the CD well before it's made public. We're going to try to get the CD and all the goodies to everyone by the end of February. Just cause you guys are special and we'll treat you right.
I think that's about it. It doesn't seem like a lot when I put it down in a list form like that, but each of those items took weeks to plan and execute. And we couldn't have done it without each and everyone of you. Thank you so much for your support (and patience ;)
PS - Check out our logo!