Black Rock Boutique ...let us slip you into something a little more questionable. (then make a documentary about it)
It's been 15 years since black rock boutique first hit the playa. but where did it come from? and why have we been slipping people into something a little more questionable since 1996?
has it always been a yearly rite of passage for virgin and veteran burners alike? it's time to take a look back at how it all began, spend time with current boutiquers and see how a one of the oldest continuous theme camps around shapes up and ships out for 2011. it's time to vision forward. will black rock boutique exist 15 years from now? will burning man?
SepiaTron3000 (a.k.a Sara Greer) is an experimental, documentary filmmaker about to attend her 7th consecutive burn and 4rth year with the black rock boutique. The boutique is her first theme camp and she intends for the movie to be a learning tool for other camps. The entire crew is made up of Boutiquers!
The film will explore our past and tell our current story; the planning stages, the meetings, the work parties, the individual contributions, local events, loading it up, driving it down, setting it up, bounding about in our glittery glory and bringing it all back home again for our inevitable semi-hibernation. just in time for rainy season.Your backing will help afford our crew things like gaff tape, bounce boards, SD Cards, a Playa Microphone, data storage and Post Production.
Your funds will also support these public events and their cinematic documentation!
- Black Rock Boutique: a Rite of Passage for 15 years,let us slip you into something a little more questionable...clothes, beats and a runway!awesome donations appreciated!
- Monday August 29th, 2011, noon – 4 p.m.
- strut-sluts in stripes: experience the dizzying delights of contrary stripes in darks and brights,thick stripes, pinstripes, black stripes, White Stripes. fashion show @4pm!
- Tuesday, August 30th, 2011 noon – 4 p.m.
- Strumpets in Stripes Fashion Show: Experience our fashion show,bask in the dizzying delights of too many stripes! have an outstanding striped outfit? come @ 3:30 to sign up to walk!
- Tuesday, August 30th, 2011 4 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- grommet: a boutique party for kids of the Playa: A term of endearment & handy doohickey, grommet is also a private party for children & their guardians/friends. expect Fabulous, in smaller sizes. 3rd Year running, in association with Kidsville. we're in center camp.
- Wednesday, August 31st, 2011 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- whiteout: black lights and bright whites : Our Wednesday night Rite of Passage, don whites, dance under black-light and strut your glow into the night (or, mayhaps, the White Procession...or the Great White Procession). 3rd Year.
- Wednesday, August 31st, 2011 10 p.m. – midnight
- Black Rock Boutique: a Rite of Passage for 15 years, let us slip you into something a little more questionable...clothes, beats and a runway!awesome donations appreciated!
- Thursday, September 1st, 2011, noon – 4 p.m.
- a.d.d. mindf**k: celebrating burning man as a distraction manifestation destination, we offer all things shiny, glittery, sparkly and omg!srsly!what's that thing!?!
- Friday, September 2nd, 2011 noon – 4 p.m.
- New Year's Hot Date Clearance Event!!! You have a date with The Man and the New Year, let us slip you into something a little more questionable...everything must go (down)!
- Saturday, September 3rd, 2011 noon – 4 p.m.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
pledged of $1,000 goal
seconds to go
Jul 1, 2011 - Aug 15, 2011
Pledge $10 or more
1 item swag
Pledge $20 or more
2 items swag
Pledge $30 or more
3 items swag
Pledge $50 or more
3 items swag and a hand-made Boutique medallion
Pledge $75 or more
2 items swag, Boutique Medallion, and a copy of the Black Rock Boutique Documentary DVD
Pledge $100 or more
3 items swag, Boutique Medallion, and a copy of the Black Rock Boutique Documentary DVD (with screen credits!)
Pledge $150 or more
3 items swag, and (faux) fur coat, hand-selected by a Boutiquer just for you!Estimated delivery: Sep 2011
Pledge $200 or more
3 items swag, Boutique Medallion, (faux) fur coat, Black Rock Boutique Documentary DVD. All non-dvd items will be mailed first, with the DVD estimated to be completed late oregon springish.Estimated delivery: May 2012
Pledge $250 or more
3 items swag, hand-made Boutique Medallion, Black Rock Boutique Documentary DVD, and custom clothing made by Boutiquer and fashion designer Hera (not to exceed 4 hours of labor - check her stuff linked below!) All non-dvd items will be mailed first, with the DVD estimated to be completed late oregon springish.Estimated delivery: May 2012