We're a volunteer-run variety publication seeking cash for training and support for international interns, and layout/tech advice
We at Synchronized Chaos International Magazine (www.synchchaos.com) publish a monthly variety (art, science, travel, nature, culture, literature, human interest, literary etc) periodical online, accepting submissions from around the world and then developing our theme based around what we have received.
We recruit volunteer staff and interns of all ages, cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds, and coach and develop their writing skills as they produce articles and reviews. Also, we secure complimentary tickets and press passes to cultural events in our interns' communities, so they can have the chance to attend opera, live theater, dance, comedy, lectures etc while giving media coverage to the local performing arts organizations. And, we encourage collaboration and networking among those we publish, and pass along paid work and charitable volunteer opportunities in the creative fields.
We provide a home and an outlet for work in various media that comes from emerging artists, from people in countries with less media/publishing infrastructure, from people crossing genre boundaries and thus difficult to classify, and from those with fewer resources for education and the marketing of their work. Our issues include writing and art and music from professionals, retired folks, the homeless and incarcerated, high schoolers, those with - and without - 'day-jobs,' and various other international cultural creatives.
We've also spotlighted organizations working for environmental sustainability, care and support for the world's children, humane alternatives to incarceration, interdisciplinary research into chronic disease, and other related causes. And we have written recommendation letters for those who have worked with us, for everything from high-end MFA programs to parole!
Since our first issue in the summer of 2008, we've developed a following, and enriched the lives of thousands of people. Through funding this project on Kickstarter, you will be able to help us further develop and continue our intentions and goals.
Here's a partial listing of some things our team would like to accomplish this and next year through Kickstarter funding:
* Training, coaching, and support for our interns and staff (i.e. used/cheap educational books on how to write and conduct interviews, food and coffee at our meetings, reimbursement for transportation, partial scholarships to writing conferences, classes and networking events, small stipends for people who will coach and mentor them. Useful for their professional development as well as helping them better serve our publication.)
* Some onetime consulting regarding our web layout and design, as well as tech support and online marketing, to give our hardworking people the online infrastructure to present their work in a professional manner.
* Tickets for the cheaper events in communities with emerging art scenes that cannot afford to offer free passes for our reviewers.
* A small stipend for someone to proofread and edit the magazine, create PDFs of our issues to print and mail to those without Internet access, and do other 'gruntwork but necessary' tasks.
* Support and resources for people to host magazine-related readings, critique groups and meetings within their own local communities around the world.
Thank you very much for taking the time to read about Synchronized Chaos International Magazine and our intentions and goals! We hope, if you are able, that you will consider supporting us as we work to bring people out to cultural events in their own communities, supporting these local performers while helping our emerging writers build portfolios.
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments or would like more information.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
Special thank-you mention on the site!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
Customized poem, story, piece of art etc from someone we've published, created for and emailed to you. Thank-you mention on the website!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
Having one of our published, experienced contributors edit and/or critique a piece of your writing and/or artwork. Public thank-you on the site.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
Both a customized piece of art or writing made for and set to you, and a critique/editing of your work. Also a public thank-you on the site!Estimated delivery:
- (60 days)