300 Hours, 100 Colored Notecards, and a White Wall
~ Kuzu Zangpo! ~
The last few weeks we’ve jumped headfirst into post-production for The Happiest Place. Here’s a behind-the-scenes glimpse at our process for organizing the 300+ hours of footage into a meaningful story: 300 Hours, 100 Colored Notecards, and a White Wall (If you dig it / want more of this sort of content, please share / let the world know!)
We have a few other updates for you - but first, we just have to send you another HUGE bear-hug for all that you’ve done to make our Kickstarter campaign successful. With your help, we’re going to make an amazing film!
Now, the updates:
- Website! We’ve launched a website for The Happiest Place! Check it out here: http://thehappiestplacefilm.com (If you dig it, please share / let the world know!)
- We’re looking for some coding help / support (familiarity with Squarespace a huge plus) to make a few modifications to the template - let us know if you’d like to help!
- Rewards! It’s a bit too early for us to give a clear timeline on downloads and DVDs. The first milestone is getting the film edited (and amazing!). Then, as we start discussions with distributors we’ll have a better sense of timeline.
- Stay tuned for word on the rest of the rewards - we'll be sending out surveys connected to the rewards closer to the fulfillment dates: rough cut screenings (Jan / Feb timeframe), photos (Jan / Feb) & photo books (Feb / March).
- If you gave more than $10, you'll find your name or Kickstarter handle on our "Team" page here as a big THANK YOU. That's a LOT of names (900+)! For now we're using your Kickstarter handle on the website, but in the coming weeks / months we'll be sending out surveys connected to fulfilling your other prizes to ensure we get the proper name to honor you.
- Post Timeline - Currently, we’re aiming for mid-February to have festival-ready cut of the film complete, which would put us on track for a festival premiere in March or beyond of 2013! The timeline is quite tenacious (I'm hearing way to many stories of 2-year doc edits) but we're throwing everything we have into this edit and feel confident about our timeline.
- Distribution - We’ve been contracted by a few companies who are excited about working with us to distribute the film. It’s a good sign. Now we just need to deliver the goods!
That’s all for now. As always, please do email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions / thoughts / or ideas for the film. Or just want to say hello.
Wishing you and yours happiness,
Ben & The Happiest Place Film Team
PS - Kadinchey means "thank you" and, though we didn't produce the video (below), it captures the spirit of of the project - and our gratitude - beautifully.
seconds to go
Pledge $1 or moreYou selected
///// THE HAPPIEST ONE ///// Happiness of contributing and joining the team + updates on all aspects of the filmEstimated delivery:
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
// THE HAPPIEST SUPPORTER // Special thanks on the website + behind the scenes updates on the film and Ben & Imogen's collaborationEstimated delivery:
Pledge $20 or moreYou selected
// THE HAPPIEST MOVIEGOER // (previous +) HD download of The Happiest PlaceEstimated delivery:
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
// THE HAPPIEST FILM JUNKIE // (previous +) DVD with exclusive, unreleased Bhutan footage & interviews + Exclusive soundtrack featuring Imogen Heap & Zoe KeatingEstimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
// THE HAPPIEST PHOTO JUNKIE // (previous +) Unique matte 8 x 10 photo of your choosing from the film team, expedition team and Imogen, signed by the director. See a sampling of images from the PHOTO GALLERY link at the end of the description.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $250 or moreYou selected
10 backers Limited (98 left of 108)
// THE HAPPIEST COLLABORATOR // NEW NYC EDITION! (previous +) Private rough cut screening & reception in New York + "special thanks" in the film's closing credits. Participate in audience feedback and help shape the final cut of the film! (transportation not included).Estimated delivery:
Pledge $250 or moreYou selected
50 backers Limited (58 left of 108)
// THE HAPPIEST COLLABORATOR // (previous +) Private rough cut screening & reception in San Francisco + "special thanks" in the film's closing credits. Participate in audience feedback and help shape the final cut of the film! (transportation not included).Estimated delivery:
Pledge $500 or moreYou selected
21 backers Limited (87 left of 108)
// THE HAPPIEST BHUTANOPHILE // (previous +) Kickstarter-exclusive Team Photo Book featuring private photographs and stories from the film team, expedition team, and Imogen. Your name will be included in the special thanks section of the book. This book will not be available any other way.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $750 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (10 left of 10)
// THE HAPPIEST KICKSTARTER // NEW! (previous +) 90-minute, one-on-one Skype consultation with Ben on your Kickstarter campaign and / or film / creative project (transferable as a gift)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $1,000 or moreYou selected
2 backers All gone!
// THE HAPPIEST FESTIVAL GOER // (previous +) A ticket to our festival premiere + private dinner with film team (travel not included)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $1,500 or moreYou selected
1 backer Limited (4 left of 5)
///// THE HAPPIEST EDITOR ///// NEW! ($500 reward level +) Join Ben for a day in NYC for a behind-the-scenes glimpse at the editing process + private dinner.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $2,500 or moreYou selected
3 backers Limited (1 left of 4)
/// THE HAPPIEST DIRECTOR /// ($500 reward level +) Ben co-directs / films whatever you want for one day and hands over footage (travel and production costs not included)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $3,000 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (3 left of 3)
/// THE HAPPIEST SCREENER /// ($500 reward level +) A screening + talk on the film at a venue of your choice in North America + dinner with Ben and Terri Schneider, the Expedition Leader (travel not included)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $5,000 or moreYou selected
3 backers All gone!
// HAPPIEST ASSOC. PRODUCER // ($500 reward level +) Associate Producer credit on the film and IMDb entry not to mention a whole lot of great karma.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $10,000 or moreYou selected
2 backers All gone!
// HAPPIEST CO-EXEC PRODUCER // ($500 reward level +) Co-Executive Producer credit on the film and IMDb entry not to mention the wave of happiness from the whole team!Estimated delivery:
- (31 days)