The Noble District (City of Khandor)
Also we want to share with you the ultimate list of non-combat skills that will be available unless we need to include one or a couple more due to gameplay needs later. Miguel A.L.M. has been working on it and we are quite happy and sure this will cover most game situations we can think of. The list was bigger but we decided to disregard those ones that weren’t meaningful enough. It must also be taken into account that we can only spent a full year after the next Kickstarter relaunch to complete the game due to budget constraints, so we needed to focus only on the strictly necessary ones to add enough content and at the same time to have full control of the possible outcomes. This will serve us to prepare all the quests, dialogues and game situations so you can complete them in different ways.
Persuade.- try to gather confidential info or usher a NPC to act contrary to his beliefs.
Intimidate.- make the NPC flee out of fear or get some info from him. Beware! The NPC could react and attack you! You can use this skills to attack non-violent NPCs. Want to kill a merchant that ripped you off? That’s your choice!
Sense Motive.- detect when a NPC is lying, how he feels when talking to you, or if a somebody is trying to rip you off!
Lie.- lie to a NPC so he believes in what you made up to achieve your aims.
Bargain.- the PC can lower the price of intems that he wants to buy or increase the ones that he wants to sell.
Leadership.- use this ability to end any issues among you and your companions, or between your companions. You can also issue orders without accumulating bad reputation among them.
Diplomacy.- be polite and try not to argue to accumulate bad reputation among NPCs, they may see you with better eyes afterwards and may be more prone to help you.
Hide.- the PC can hide from enemies patrolling a nearby zone. He will need to be completely still for this ability to have any effect.
Sneak.- move carefully and without making noise among enemies so they do not detect you.
Lockpicking.- the PC is skillful in the art of dealing with locks. He’ll need to use picklocks .
Thieving.- get others’ belongings from their pockets without being noticed. (modo nor-mal&modoPJ)
Detect Traps. be able to visualize traps before you step into them.
Deactivate Traps.- the next step after you’ve spotted a trap.
Track.- the PC can see certain hidden objects and carved shapes like secret doors, corridors, hidden inscriptions, etc.
Alert Mode.- the PC can sense in advance if an enemy is approaching him so he can take a proper course of action if needed.
Camp.- the PC or group can rest during a certain time to heal any wounds.
Knowledge and Culture
Repair Items.- with more points on this ability, the PC will be able to repair objects of higher levels.
Identify item.- show the stats and bonuses of an item.
Ancient Language- the PC can read texts and inscriptions written in ancient tongues. The more points, the more languages will he be able to read.
Rate.- know the exact price of an item so you can bargain or sell it for a higher price.
Investigate.- the more points in this ability, the more non-combat skill points he’ll gain when levelling up.
Archaeology.- it gives the PC the knowledge to identify places when he interacts with other NPCs, reads books, inscriptions or through other means. These places will appear on the game map.
That's all for the moment. We will wait to post the update for the factions system until the next update as there are lots of info to digest and it'll take some time for us to explain the system properly.
And for those of you who didn't see it yet, here the final game logo, I hope you like it too!
on behalf of Azurite Games... yeah, we dropped that ill-fated Autoloot! ;)
As you know, during the last month we’ve revamped the story and created a new vision doc. This means a lot of work, like reworking the classes and stats, adding new non-combat skills and game zones. We’ve also defined a new faction system that will make the story more engaging and game interactions much deeper, and at the same time we keep working on the underlying game systems, like the combat, lighting, interface, etc. Besides, there’s other stuff involved programming-wise that it’s difficult to sum up in a few lines.
Also, prepping a KS campaign with the necessary updates is very time consuming and this time we want to do it right, so we think it’s important to keep working hard but not to rush when things aren’t yet ready. As you know, this time we’ll also work with a PR agency to spread the word out and reach more visibility on the media.
Today I’d like to ask you about the game title. Which one of the shown below you like the most? (both are a WIP. Notice that the “D” on the golden title is more defined than the rest of letters, you get the idea).
Just a quick update on what we are working on:
- Basic combat: on our pitch video, there was combat, but there's wasn't turn change and the npc enemies were static. Now the turn change is functional and the enemies move and attack you at melee range, yihaa! =) There's an issue to solve though, and this is calculating the max. distance an enemy can move, and then finding an empty place so the enemy doesn't occupy a position where other npcs, the pc or his companions could be positioned. The next step will be adding spellcast attacks to some npcs.
- Material & Export Manager and Browser: David Lucena is working on an exporter so the engine reads correctly the different types of textures from each 3D model. This will allow us to change the textures of the models imported and display not only specular but also normal maps. This will later be necessary when David implements the Lightmapping so the textures are affected by the light and can display its additional properties (i.e. the rugosity). The visual impact of this will be great!
- World map: David Lopez is working on the city of Khandor. At the moment he has almost completed one of the 8 big districts. At the moment, we have positioned the camera with a default zoom so we know exactly what the player will see. We want that you can see both sides of a street for example, this gives a better immersive feeling when you are moving with your group. You will then have an option of zoom in/out so you can enjoy the combat and texture details with a nearer view.
- Game logo and interfaces: Rafa is working on the final game logo plus some interface stuff, as the damage and heal numbers displayed during a combat, the combat log or the contextual info of the enemies when you roll the mouse over or click with the mouse button over them or his portrait (to define yet).
- Faction System: It's very important to define the nuts and bolts of the faction system prior to redefining the dialogue editor, that must include pre and post-conditions so we can track the reputation counters for each faction, npc or district.
So here our weekly update, any question you have let us know!
Pledge £3 or moreYou selected
$4,5 - Special thanks in our website for your support!Estimated delivery:
Pledge £13 or moreYou selected
$19.6 - Previous tier rewards + Digital downloadable copy of the game.Estimated delivery:
Pledge £15 or moreYou selected
$23 - Previous tier rewards + Digital downloadable copy of the game + Illustrated Digital Game ManualEstimated delivery:
Pledge £20 or moreYou selected
$30 - Previous tier rewards + Digital downloadable copy of the game + Digital Collectors Artbook + Digital downloadable sound trackEstimated delivery:
Pledge £25 or moreYou selected
$38 - Previous tier rewards + Digital downloadable copy of the game + The Dark Triad 6-page comic book in pdf + High-Res digital map of the Isolated LandsEstimated delivery:
Pledge £30 or moreYou selected
$45 - Previous tier rewards + Digital downloadable copy of the game DRM-free for PC + Digital high-res final art (Danah included) + in-game and forum badge "Protector of the True Lore".Estimated delivery:
Pledge £50 or moreYou selected
$75,1 - Previous tier rewards + Digital downloadable copy of the game + Exclusive in-game Defender of Dawn weapon + Special thanks in game creditsEstimated delivery:
Pledge £75 or moreYou selected
$112,75 - Previous tier rewards + T-Shirt (to choose from several logos later) + Your name in one of in-game npc character.Estimated delivery:Add £10 to ship outside the UK
Pledge £100 or moreYou selected
$150,3 - Previous tier rewards + Early Beta Access + Exclusive feedback channel with developers + The Dark Triad Fountain Pen + The Dark Triad PendriveEstimated delivery:Add £10 to ship outside the UK
Pledge £125 or moreYou selected
$188 - Previous tier rewards + Digital downloadable copy of the game DRM-free for PC + Alpha Access + An in-game bronze statue in your honorEstimated delivery:Add £10 to ship outside the UK
Pledge £175 or moreYou selected
$264.5 - Previous tier rewards + An in-game golden statue in you honor + Theraukos GuardianEstimated delivery:Add £10 to ship outside the UK
- (32 days)