The adventures of a group of baby animals from different places around the world who now live in the same farm.
Combine different baby animals from all over the world with funny words like germophobia, the giggles or “Kat-rate”; throw in an unconditional love for nature, add a dose of ingenuity and a lot of dreams and imagination and you get a series of adventures which all children will find hilarious, relate to and learn beautiful lessons from.
Hello everyone! My name is Javier Rejon, I am a full-time Art Director in Orlando, FL and I would like to tell you about a project I've been working on for quite a while. The Farm Babies!
Who are the Farm Babies?
The Farm Babies is a group of baby animals from different places around the world, who for various reasons came to live in the same farm.
A little history... Very little.
The Farm Babies were born in 2007 just as a pastime. It was something that I did everyday after work just to have fun and I had no idea it was going to grow into what it is today.
The first character was actually born out of pure coincidence, I was trying to draw a little martian man and ended up with a baby piggy instead!
I kept the piggy because it had a lot of personality yet it was very simple. I made him out of a few basic shapes, so I wanted to see if I could make more... I applied that same formula a few more times and before I knew it I had 12 characters!
12 Characters? And then what?
Since that day I haven't stopped having fun with them. I have invested pretty much all of my spare time for the past 5 years (ask my wife, she'll tell you) tweaking and perfecting these characters and by now I have created hundreds and hundreds of different poses. Here are just a few.
After a while I realized it was probably time to give them names so I picked a very unique name for each one and gave each baby a very distinct personality. You can read about them all here http://www.farmbabies.org/
Not long after that I decided they also needed a place to live so I created a farm for them and that immediately sparked countless ideas for adventures!
I am not an animator so I started experimented with a few still frames.
At first I wasn't interested in showing anyone. The Farm Babies came to me just out of pure coincidence and it was just a personal pastime I enjoyed by myself.
Until one day, someone suggested I should turn the Farm Babies into an animated series because it would be very interesting to see how all these animals from different places in the world would interact living together in the same farm.
I thought it was a great idea! Each baby has a very unique personality which would make life at the farm very interesting!
So I thought it would be very cool to create 3 minute webisodes and present very short and funny situations on each one which would teach a very simple lesson or answer a very basic question such as:
"Why do I have to take a shower everyday?" (Hygiene) and at the same time "Why do I have to make it a short shower?" (Environment).
I decided to move forward and invested some of my own money hiring a creative writer to develop 12 short stories for the first season of the Farm Babies.
The stories are ready and you can read them here http://farmbabies.org/?page_id=56
The idea is for these first 12 webisodes to become Season 1 of the Farm Babies and I want to make them available for free at the Farm Babies website.
They would also be available to watch on iPads, iPods, iPhones and mobile devices.
My very good friends at The Imagination House got very excited with the project as well and helped me composing a theme song for the show. You can hear it below.
I also put a little bit of money down to create a rough animatic and try some voices to get an idea of how the characters would look interacting together. Here is how that sample came out.
So, what started as a pastime has evolved into a beautiful project which I absolutely love and am very passionate about. I truly believe we can create a show that children all over the world will enjoy and learn from and all parents will find it as a safe way to keep their children entertained while receiving positive messages.
Today, after 5 years of hard work, I am reaching out to you because I have already done everything I can do on my own without funding.
To be able to move on to animation and turn the Farm Babies into a real animated series I need to hire a little help...
1 - A scriptwriter to get the 12 stories turned into 3 minute scripts.
2 - Voice over talent and a studio to record dialogue.
3 - A storyboard artist to frame all the shots needed to animate all 12 webisodes.
4 - An animation company to bring all the stories to life.
5 - A web developer to create an online playback system to make the Farm Babies series available to everyone.
I have put together a collection of rewards and incentives to offer everyone who would like to donate a few Dollars to this project, even the opportunity to name some of the new Farm Babies I will introduce on Season 2.
Feel free to review them on the right side of your screen. Hopefully you'll find one that you like and fits your budget.
I truly hope you like the idea and get as excited as I am to see these characters come to life!
I will update the status of the project (and funding) on our website http://www.farmbabies.org/ from beginning to end so make sure you check back often to know what is going on!
I am always available to answer any questions you might have, just email me at email@example.com and I'll make sure to replay as soon as possible.
From the bottom of my heart and on behalf of the Farm Babies thank you very much and have a wonderful day!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
pledged of $249,000 goal
seconds to go
Funding Unsuccessful This project reached the deadline without achieving its funding goal on May 28, 2012.
Apr 13, 2012 - May 28, 2012 (45 days)
Pledge $1 or more
• A "Thank You" card e-mailed by the Farm Babies • And our eternal love and gratitude!Estimated delivery: Jul 2012
Pledge $5 or more
• All of the above plus • Download of 12 Exclusive Farm Babies desktop Wallpapers for your computer, mobile phone or tablet • We will also immortalize your name under the "Contributors" section in the Farm Babies websiteEstimated delivery: Aug 2012
Pledge $10 or more
• All of the above plus • An "Official Farm Babies Sponsor" Fridge Magnet • And a "Thank You" postcard of the Farm Babies signed by creator Javier RejonEstimated delivery: Aug 2012
Pledge $15 or more
• All of the above plus • A 2-Sheet set of Farm Babies stickersEstimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $20 or more
• All of the above plus • The Limited Edition 24in x 36in Farm Babies posters (not framed) Signed by creator Javier RejonEstimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $25 or more
• All of the above plus • A 12-page Farm Babies coloring book • Full HD 1080p Digital download of complete First Season of Farm Babies (12 webisodes) which you can save to your computer, tablet or mobile device (First season is estimated to be finished April 2013)Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $30 or more
• All of the above plus • Limited Edition Farm Babies DVD, including all 12 webisodes from the First Season of Farm Babies and featuring exclusive behind the scenes footage (First season is estimated to be finished April 2013)Estimated delivery: Apr 2013
Pledge $35 or more
• All of the above plus • One (1) collectible vinyl figurine of the Farm Babies (Choose from 12 different characters)Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $40 or more
• All of the above plus • An "Official Farm Babies Sponsor" T-ShirtEstimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $50 or more
• All of the above plus • Not 1 but two (2) collectible vinyl figurines of the Farm Babies (Choose from 12 different characters) • The 20-Page Farm Babies Concept Book, this is a Limited Edition only for contributors which will never be printed again and Javier Rejon himself will write you a personalized note thanking you by nameEstimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $70 or more
• All of the above plus • Twelve 11in x 17in Limited Edition Posters of the Farm Babies (One character per poster, 12 total, not framed) All signed by creator Javier RejonEstimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $100 or more
• All of the above plus • Not 2 but six (6) collectible vinyl figurines of the Farm Babies (Choose from 12 different characters) • I will also send you "The Art of The Farm Babies" book, featuring never before seen sketches from Javier Rejon's personal sketch books, storyboards from the show and pictures from the production of the first season of Farm BabiesEstimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $500 or more
0 backers Limited (350 of 350 left)
• All of the above plus • Not 6 but all twelve (12) collectible vinyl figurines of the Farm Babies • An original storyboard (not mounted) from the production of the first season of Farm Babies signed by creator Javier Rejon • Your name will be also added to the the "Associate Producers" section in the Farm Babies websiteEstimated delivery: Apr 2013
Pledge $1,000 or more
1 backer Limited (99 of 100 left)
• All of the above plus • An original signed "pencil sketch drawing" (not mounted) from Javier Rejon's personal Farm Babies sketch book • We'll put your name under "Associate Producers" in the credits at the end of all first season webisodes. • Also the DVD you receive will have a personalized video message from Javier Rejon thanking you by name for your contributionEstimated delivery: Apr 2013
Pledge $2,500 or more
0 backers Limited (20 of 20 left)
• All of the above plus • You will participate in the name selection of one of the new characters we will introduce in season two! (Selection process will start in May, 2013) • An invitation for you and up to 4 guests to sit in at one of the character recording sessions and the opportunity to get your picture taken with the Farm Babies voice talent and creator Javier Rejon (Food, travel and lodging costs not included - Arrangements to visit the facilities will be made starting Jan, 2013)Estimated delivery: Apr 2013
Pledge $10,000 or more
0 backers Limited (5 of 5 left)
• A true Farm Babies fan, uh? Well check this out! You get all of the above, plus • A private tour for you and up to 4 guests to the animation facilities where the 12 webisodes will be animated (Food, travel and lodging costs not included - Tour arrangements will be made starting Jan, 2013) • Your name or the name of your organization in the front credits of one of the first season episodes under "Brought to you by:" • We will create an entire webisode for an upcoming season of Farm Babies based on your idea. • You also get an "Executive Producer" credit in all webisodes of the first season of Farm Babies as well as on IMDB.Estimated delivery: Apr 2013