A collaboration of "Painted Theatre Project" and music creating a "still opera" based off of the work of visual artist Patrick Duegaw.
Inadvertent Arson is a "Painted Theatre Project" art show that will open at the Marianna Kistler Beach Museum of Art in Manhattan Kansas on October 13th, 2012. For the opening of the show I will be creating an original work titled Inadvertent Arson. The work will be for double quartet (string quartet plus elec. bass, elec. guitar, drum set and Hammond organ). The idea is to create an abstract opera (no voices) based off the ideas and concepts of the artist's work and using the artist's narative for this particular show. I'm calling the resulting work a "still opera" because it is laid out like an opera in form but contains no voices and no sung text. The idea is to condense the concept of an opera down to a 30 minute work that is an abstraction of an opera. The story and narrative are left to the imagination of the listener.
Some of the paintings can be seen at the artist's webpage: http://patrickduegaw.com/Patrick_Duegaw/HOME.html. The work will be performed at the opening of the show in Manhattan Kansas and then again the next month at the Fisch Haus art gallery in Wichita Kansas (http://www.fischhaus.com/Fisch_Haus/IMAGES.html).
We have been given funding for room and boarding for the Manhattan show and I would like to add a small stipend ($200) for the performers as each performer is a free lance musician and anything I could do to offset expenses for them would be great! The funding will be used solely for paying the performing musicians (myself not included) and any amount above the projected $1600 will be given to the performers.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
Pledge $5 or moreYou selected
1. Thank you letter from the composer.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $11 or moreYou selected
1. Thank you letter from the composer. 2. An mp3 of the performance.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $26 or moreYou selected
1. Thank you letter from the composer. 2. An mp3 and CD of the performance. 3. Signed copy of the score.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
1. Thank you letter from the composer. 2. An mp3 and CD of the performance. 3. Signed copy of the score. 4. Your name listed in the program as a donor. This program is a large glossy program printed by the gallery for the show.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
2 backers Limited (8 left of 10)
1. Thank you letter from the composer. 2. An mp3 and CD of the performance. 3. Signed copy of the score. 4. Your name listed in the program as a donor. AND 5. I will write a short 1 to 2 minute piece based off of your birth date. You will get a signed copy of the work plus an mp3 recording of the work. (This one has a later date than the others to allow writing time. The other rewards will be delivered by December.)Estimated delivery:
- (30 days)