First, I want to apologize for the delay in updates. If you're like me, this isn't the only Kickstarter you follow. I've backed a good dozen projects, and sometimes I just get too many emails. About pretty mundane things. So, I personally really only like to share when I have things to say. But it did occur to me that too much time had passed, and you should all know how hard we've been working, and how excited we are to bring this movie to the world.
So, here are some pretty big events that we feel are worth sharing:
- Some events transpired in January of this year that meant we had to return to Kathputli to film. The government and builders were clearly promising one thing to the artists and trying to deliver another. So, we went back in order to make a better--and more impactful--film.
- The above means our film is still in post-production. We're editing throughout the summer. Which is okay because, as you or may not have seen...
- Indiewire named us one of their "50 Films To See In 2013." Neat, right?
- An amazing poster designer has decided to donate to our cause, and will design our first line of posters: Jacob Escobedo, who works during the day as Creative Director of Adult Swim. I got in our first drafts, and they are awesome.
- If you're in NY, we'll be showcasing an art exhibit of photos and video from the film during the See/Change festival this summer. More about that fest here in the NY Times.
Also, an important note about Gift Deliveries. We have to hold on sending some of our gifts right now, only because returning to Kathputli for an unplanned Shoot 3 put a pretty sizable dent in our overall budget. We're doing another round of grants + investor financing this summer, so we'll re-commence with deliveries soon. We are all very sorry about any delays, but rest assured that if you donated to this project, you will be splendidly rewarded at the end of the day.
To wrap this up, I just want to say: the film is going to be beautiful--and it's going to help a lot of people. It's really becoming clear to us now, and we are so excited for you to see what we've been up to. "Tomorrow We Disappear" has been one of the richest experiences of our lives.
Hope you are all doing beautifully.
- Team TWD