THANKS for pushing us over the finish bar! (And now what?)
A massive THANK YOU to all 135 of the backers who-- together-- pushed us over the finish bar for our fundraiser today... 39 hours before our deadline!
I just want to let you know the following:
- Gareth is now set to start writing the book!
- The "over-age" that we have above our target-- and there may yet be more-- will be put to very good use. Under a written agreement that Gareth and I signed before we started this, we agreed that any amount we raise that goes over the goal will be used in the promotion and marketing campaign for 'Manufactured Crisis'. As I well know, a strong marketing campaign is key to getting out the message of an important book. So additional contributions here will play a huge role in strengthening the over-all impact of this publishing project.
- Gareth and I are much looking forward to delivering all the Rewards that contributors here have earned, and to meeting many of you in the process.
- People who contribute now and for the next 39 hours can still get the Rewards. Don't be shy about donating at any of those different levels!
- As soon as the campaign closes-- early Wednesday morning New York time-- I'll be in touch with all contributors to get the info we need to deliver the Rewards. (And I guess at that point too, Kickstarter's payments system will start collecting on your pledges... )
I feel deeply honored to be able to work with Gareth-- and with all of you-- on this project. Thank you for the confidence that your support expresses. Thank you for seeing the importance of this project and for helping to make it happen. We'll be in touch again very soon!
pledged of $10,000 goal
seconds to go
Oct 31, 2012 - Dec 12, 2012 (42 days)
Pledge $10 or more
Gareth Porter will send you a hand-signed postcard. (If resident outside the USA, please add $5 to this.)Estimated delivery: Dec 2012
Pledge $25 or more
You will get an exclusive, password-protected early PDF copy of the whole book, before printing starts. Plus the postcard.Estimated delivery: Sep 2013
Pledge $100 or more
You will be invited to an exclusive book-launch party in Washington DC and receive a personalized, signed copy of the paperback. Backers not in DC will be invited to an exclusive conference call with Gareth, instead. Plus, all the above. (Non-residents of USA add $15 for book shipping.)Estimated delivery: Oct 2013
Pledge $250 or more
Your support will be recognized in the Acknowledgments of the book and in promo activities around it. Plus, all the above.Estimated delivery: Oct 2013
Pledge $1,000 or more
1 backer Limited (3 of 4 left)
You and three friends win an exclusive dinner with Gareth in the Washington DC area, at which he'll talk about the background to the book and answer your questions. (We can offer this in other cities, depending on his schedule and the costs.) Plus, all the above.Estimated delivery: Sep 2013