3D printer Rapcraft makes Thankfull 3D things and works just plug&print.
Rapcraft is a open hardware project that brings user friendly thankfull, high quality, low cost 3D printing solution to all individuals, institutions and companies that want to use 3D rapid protytyping and make many usefull things! Rapcraft is Associated with a USA - Polish - Canadian partnership of individual's who worked in this project. Kickstarter can help us bring this project to the next level!
3D printers students can show how creative and innovative they can be. 3D models give a possibility of designing completely new objects, looking for fresh ideas and going beyond limitations. If you are looking for something original and you are interested in 3D printing, the Rapcraft S33D printer is what you have been looking for!
The spatial construction of RapCraft is made with laser-cut precision, which is characterized by its high rigidity and unusual lightness. This solution allows the RapCraft to operate on high speed with loss-less 3D print quality, which is usually caused by vibrations and lack of stability. The assembled printer weights only 16,5 lbs. (7,8 KG)
Rapcraft 3D printer is developed for the low-end consumer markets. What makes Rapcraft different from other 3D printers? Almost the whole construction of Rapcraft is made of 100% aluminum, which is light-weight and solid. No plastic parts! We also bring with Rapcraft CE Marking, meaning "European Conformity" that the manufacturer ensures that the product conforms with the essential requirements, ecology of the applicable EC directives.
Working on CE mark we made sure the printer is eco friendly when printing ABS plastics. With a built-in activated charcoal filter and screen cables to purify air and absorb harmful gases while processing some of materials (ABS for example).
Why we need funding, what will we spend it on.
Simple, we want to mass produce, lower production costs and go global.
- optimize mass production in a factory enviroment
- run and maintain rapcraft.com to provide our community a easy to use and affordable service for 3D printing needs.
- hire Python programmer gods to develop on opensource software that powers Rapcraft
- invest into developing a opensource "3D FAX" 3D scanner integration using Kinect/Structured light projector solutions. :)
- We designed Rapcraft to be a mobile 3D printer. Funding will go into developing opensource Android/iPad for managing printing remotely.
- Build envelope(mm): Rapcraft S33D MK I - 200mmX200mmX200mm (one extruder) / Rapcraft S33D MK II 200mmX200mmx280mm (dual extruder - standard option)
- Technology: FFF
- Lead time: one week
- Nozzle diameter (mm): 0.25-0.6 mm
- Layer thickness (mm): <0.05 mm
- Speed (mm/s): standard 150mm/s - 300mm/s - rigid construction mechanics and hardware can support even faster speeds but expect some loss in print quality)
- Positioning precision: <0.1 mm
- Electronics: Sanguinololu and RAMPS
- Software: Rapcraft software bundle compatible with open source RepRap
- System compatibility: Windows / MAC / Linux
- Compatible print materials: ABS, HDPE, PLA, Support material, Ceramics, Chocalate
- Weight: 16,5 LBS (7.8 KG)
- Power Supply: 12V International plug ready external
Rapcraft Full Aluminium extruder.
- very easy to use to add to your existing 3D raprap based printer
- super durable, NO plastic parts will make it work for ever
- fast and user friendly filament swaping
What makes Rapcraft Unique:
- Shape of frame inspired by sails outline based on Reprap Prusa's Design we believe that this is the most rigid and durable construction avaiable in the opensource community
- Just Plug&Print! We provide you the know-how of 3D printing
- Comfortable Handle makes Rapcraft mobile!
- Rapcraft is not only a 3D printer. Thanks to being opensource we can update firmeware and add upgrades that can easily make Rapcraft S33D a CNC mill, Laser cutter or print Chocalate in 3D! More on this on the project updates.
What makes Rapcraft exceptionally different from other 3D printers on the market today?
- Rapcraft frame, our own design, ensures the printer’s rigidity and stability,
- The construction is made of laser-cut high grade aluminum, the
- High quality mechanics allow for achieving 3D print speed records like never before!
- Rapcraft is a full aluminium design, with this durable construction you no more broken plastics parts.
- Rapcraft is a ready-to-use product. You do not have to assemble it by yourself. You just need to turn it on and print.
- although the project is based on our design, we still want the project to be developed in accordance with the idea and spirit of open source. When the funding is successful we will opensource the design and software files.
- Rapcraft has been featured on the news of Polish Ministry of Econmics Affairs and many more Polish media. We are excited and proud to have this kind of support!
Thank your for your interest and be sure to check out www.rapcraft.com and follow our kickstarter updates!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
pledged of $50,000 goal
seconds to go
Funding Unsuccessful This project reached the deadline without achieving its funding goal on June 13, 2012.
May 10, 2012 - Jun 13, 2012 (34 days)
Pledge $1 or more
We are passionate about bringing RapCraft to market. You'll receive our gratitude and your name proudly displayed on the rapcraft.com website supporters page. THANK YOU!Estimated delivery: Jun 2012
Pledge $2 or more
0 backers Limited (199 of 199 left)
Love music? Support independent artist MCSILK. Check out his Rap music at mcsilk.pl with this pledge you receive a LIMITED EDITION download copy of the track that was used in the Rapcraft trailer.Estimated delivery: Jun 2012
Pledge $8 or more
Support your football team with a 3D printed whistle! Going to Euro 2012? With this pledge we will send you a limited edition whistle that you can get delivered or pick up when you visit Poland!Estimated delivery: Jun 2012
Pledge $10 or more
3D printing tips&tricks video tutorial package recorded and produced by the RapCraft Team! With this pledge you will receive downloadable online access to our growing library of 3D printing video tutorials. See how to use Blender and Google sketchup step by step to design for quality 3D printing. Learn how slicing, nozzle mm, rafts ect. effect your prints. If you are new to 3D printing this video tutorial pack will open your mind and get you started on your own 3D printing projects!Estimated delivery: Jun 2012
Pledge $37 or more
Polo with elegant RapCraft logo. Ready to wear :-) International Shipping includedEstimated delivery: Jun 2012
Pledge $55 or more
Get your own world crafted with this pledge. You will receive a 8x8x8 cm 3D print of YOUR object from the game Minecraft. By placing a combination of specific blocks (obsidian, diamond, gold, iron) at two points you can define the 3 dimensional area to print. More info at www.minecraftprint.com International Shipping included.Estimated delivery: Jun 2012
Pledge $99 or more
Want to get started with builing your own printer with RapCraft parts? Get a RapCraft Hotend with nozzle diameter: 0.25 mm - 0.6 mm. Short melt zone, easy assembly/disassembly. You can use this hotend with any RepRap based 3D printer. International Shipping included.Estimated delivery: Jun 2012
Pledge $99 or more
Complete RepRap Prusa parts. High quality printing made on Rapcraft. Start building your own 3D printer. Shipping not included.Estimated delivery: Jul 2012
Pledge $270 or more
RapCraft Full Aluminium Extruder with HOTEND high quality step motor. One of a kind fast and easy filament replacement method. Being aluminum, you'll have a durable part for decades of use, without worrys of plastic cracks or break-offs. Shipping not included.Estimated delivery: Jun 2012
Pledge $325 or more
Rapcraft Chassis full aluminium, painted and post produced. Any customer can have the Chassis painted any color that he wants so long as it is black. ;-) Shipping not included.Estimated delivery: Jun 2012
Pledge $1,555 or more
Rapcraft DIY KIT. All required parts needed for assembly. With this backing you get the raw manufactured parts from production line. WIth this kit you assemble the frame and need to get a extruder. 1 lbs. of ABS black/white included. Rapcraft Team guarantee quality of parts and our guidelines. This kit has no warranty and is provided “as is”. Shipping included.Estimated delivery: Jun 2012
Pledge $2,200 or more
Rapcraft S33D MK 1 KIT. This pledge gets you a pre-assembled ready to put together printer. Guarantee for selected parts. 1 lbs. of ABS black/white. International Shipping included.Estimated delivery: Aug 2012
Pledge $2,500 or more
RapCraft S33D MK I Assembled just plug&print in 3D! Shipping included. Included 1.1 LBS (0.5KG) ABS print filament.Estimated delivery: Aug 2012
Pledge $3,200 or more
RapCraft S33D MK II with Double Extruder. Assembled just plug&print. Included 1.1 LBS (0.5KG) ABS filament. Shipping included.Estimated delivery: Aug 2012
Pledge $3,500 or more
0 backers Limited (10 of 10 left)
RapCraft S33D MK II Ghost Limited Polished and refined in every detail. Assembled just plug&print. This is a Limited Edition only 10 will be produced with numbered commemorative plates personalized to backers. International Shipping included.Estimated delivery: Aug 2012