That's right. I created a fannypack... for your boobs. My patent-pending design makes you look good AND protects your smartphone!
Boobypack /bo͞obēpak/ n.
1. A sports-like bra that holds and protects your valuables from excessive sweat and movement.
Thank god I had my Boobypack on when DJ (insert name) dropped his sick new beat or else I would have lost my mind AND my phone!
The Boobypack Means Business
I've been working with designers, patent-lawyers, and production companies for almost a year now and I'm so happy I'm finally able to share the Boobypack with you! It all started with this drawing....
After deciding the phone fit better when the pocket was vertical, I ended up with this prototype made by a designer in NYC's garment district.
A few tweaks and a lot of paperwork later, I ended up with a patent-pending, neon-colored Boobypack that flatters AND provides utility. I put the mesh idea on the back burner and will revisit it when I think the world is ready.
The Boobypack is Versatile
I'm primarily marketing the Boobypack to EDM (Electronic Dance Music) concert goers but the truth is that the Boobypack is a great addition to your workout wardrobe as well. It gives more shape than your traditional sports bra and provides a handy pocket for your smartphone/iPod.
- The New York Times reports that EDM IS big business. Over 165,000 people went to Ultra Music Fest in Miami last year. At $300 a ticket, thats $49,500,000 spent on 3 days of rave bliss.
- Forbes reports that over the past year, the worlds top 10 DJs raked in $125 million which is more than the Los Angeles Lakers payroll.
- The Atlantic astutely states that "EDM is nothing if not physical. Skrillex shows are sensorily assaultive, the bass so loud it rattles not just the stomach but the ribcage." (Enter a clear need for the Boobypack to keep valuables safe from sensorial assault!)
There's more where that came from. Check out our Facebook page for more pictures of the Bpack Angels and don't forget to like it!
The Boobypack Plan
- I'll use Kickstarter funds for large scale production of the Boobypack– this includes money to buy the neon fabric, zippers, piping, and labels as well as labor and shipping costs. I'll also put some of the money towards website development and design.
If I get $15,000: I'll be able to make 1,000 bras and set up a minimalist looking website that will get the job done.
If I get $30,000: I'll be able to make 2,000 bras and set up a great looking website with various capabilities other than a shopping cart. (Such as a Boobypack Wall of Fame where users can mupload pictures of themselves wearing the bra at various concerts!)
If I get $60,000: I'll be able to make 4,000 bras, set up an awesome website, and start designing my next line of Boobypacks (ultimate goal is to line one of the pockets with an electronic textile so that when you put your phone in you'll actually be charging it...pretty cool eh?)
*** I want to address the potential health issue of keeping a cell phone (which emits non-ionizing electromagnetic radiation) so close to ones breasts. We recommend turning your cell phone off when stashing it in your Boobypack just to be safe but the National Cancer Institute has released this statement: "Although there have been some concerns that radiofrequency energy from cell phones held closely to the head may affect the brain and other tissues, to date there is no evidence from studies of cells, animals, or humans that radiofrequency energy can cause cancer."
The Boobypack Gets By With a Little Help From Its Friends...
A BIG shout out to all my friends who helped Boobypack get off the ground
1. Madeline Gordon, an extremely talented visionary, for filming and producing my Kickstarter video. She recently started her own production company with award-winning filmmaker Philip Shane and somehow still found time to help me out.
2. Mike Lawrence for taking gorgeous pictures at our first Boobypack shoot, making Facebook ads and putting headphones on our hummingbird logo! Check out his site everyone–he's the real deal.
3. Eleanor Anderson for creating Boobypack's beautiful logo. She's a bona fide artist, not just a graphics designer.
4. Sabrina Burda, Jaclyn Simon, Catie Straut, Natalie Dodge, Sophia Abbott, Caitlin Koles, Ilene Bornstein, and Will Gahagan for being my beautiful models! Special thanks to Sabrina and Natalie of SBND and Will Gahagan aka DJ Wallace of Are You Not Entertained? for being my EDM liaisons.
5. Nick Squires from Paradise Beats for supplying us with some great concert shots for the video!
6. Callan Carvey, Sarah Wheeler, Sasha Feldman and Jenny Wolock for being some of my favorite people and fueling the first Boobypack brainstorming session.
7. My mom for being an adept "prop girl" for our Kickstarter video and for being a constant source of encouragement and love. :)
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
The biggest challenge for this project will be getting Boobypacks to my backers by the promised delivery date. I have some bras in stock that I will get out to my first supporters ASAP. However, if my Kickstarter is very successful (as I hope it will be!) then larger scale production will mean that my backers will have to wait 1 or 2 months.
Yes! Sizing is as follows but please note that I was hesitant to post only because the bra is stretchy and can fit most cup sizes. For instance, Jaclyn, who's wearing the coral color with blue piping, is a 32-34C usually but in the pictures she's wearing a Small. Therefore, I'd pay attention more to the chest size than the cup size. Thank you all so much for your support and don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any other questions!
Small is size 0-2, 30-32 inches around the chest and an A-B cup.
Medium is size 4-6, 32-34 inches around the chest and a B-C cup.
Large is size 8-10, 36-38 inches around the chest and a C-D cup.
How to measure chest size: Measure under arms around the fullest part of your bust. Be sure to keep the tape comfortably loose and level across your back.
Cup size: Measure under arms below the bust. The difference between this measurement and your chest measurement is your cup size. 1 inch difference= A cup, 2 inch difference= B cup, 3 inch difference= C cup, 4 inch difference= D cup.
We recommend turning your phone off before stashing it in your Boobypack just to be safe. However, The http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/cellphones has released this statement: "Although there have been some concerns that radiofrequency energy from cell phones held closely to the head may affect the brain and other tissues, to date there is no evidence from studies of cells, animals or humans that radiofrequency energy can cause cancer."
January 12th! We have BIG plans for this. Expect a 4 hour open bar at a very cool loft in Soho with amazing DJs (SBND, DJ Wallace and DJ Winterfresh!!!) and a lot of hot girls wearing Boobypacks. This will be a night to remember.
seconds to go
Pledge $1 or moreYou selected
Every dollar counts! If you pledge $1 you'll get a follow on Twitter and a Facebook shout out for helping make this project successful!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
A handful of die-cut, neon Boobypack stickers, a follow on Twitter and a Facebook shout out for helping Boobypack get up and running!Estimated delivery:Add $7 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $36 or moreYou selected
A Boobypack (size SMALL: 0-2) in the color of your choice! Price includes domestic shipping.Estimated delivery:Add $7 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $36 or moreYou selected
A Boobypack (size LARGE: 8-10) in the color of your choice! Price includes domestic shipping.Estimated delivery:Add $7 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $36 or moreYou selected
A Boobypack (size MEDIUM: 4-6) in the color of your choice! Price includes domestic shipping.Estimated delivery:Add $7 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
A limited edition "Boobypack Backer" tank top in S, M, L or XL. The world deserves to know that you were one of the first Boobypack supporters! This is a unisex, ultra-comfortable tank top that will ONLY be produced for this Kickstarter campaign. Price includes domestic shipping.Estimated delivery:Add $7 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $65 or moreYou selected
50 backers All gone!
A Boobypack in the color of your choice AND a ticket to the Boobypack Launch party in NYC ($120 value). Price includes domestic shipping.Estimated delivery:Add $7 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $72 or moreYou selected
2 Boobypacks in the color and size of your choice! Price includes domestic shippingEstimated delivery:Add $7 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $85 or moreYou selected
50 backers All gone!
A limited edition, unisex, "Boobypack Backer" tank top in S, M, L, or XL AND a ticket to our launch party in NYC ($120 value) Price includes domestic shipping.Estimated delivery:Add $7 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $108 or moreYou selected
3 Boobypacks in the color and size of your choice! Price includes domestic shipping.Estimated delivery:Add $7 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $300 or moreYou selected
1 backer All gone!
2-hour DJ set with SBND– The hottest girl DJ duo in NYC (who also happen to be Boobypack models). Your party is guaranteed to impress with these two controlling the beats.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $500 or moreYou selected
2 backers Limited (2 left of 4)
All 3 Boobypacks, a ticket to our launch party in NYC ($120 value), plus eternal rave glory–A bra in the next Boobypack line will be named after you.Estimated delivery:Add $7 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $1,500 or moreYou selected
1 backer All gone!
The whole line of Boobypacks, a ticket to our launch party in NYC ($120 value), plus 1 night or day of rave bliss. I will pay for your ticket and make sure you have a great time with me and my friends at an EDM concert in NYC. Pictures of us at the event will then be posted on our site and will kickoff the "Boobypack Wall of Fame." (No guarantees but most likely there will be backstage perks, courtesy of Bpack friends in the biz.)Estimated delivery:Add $7 USD to ship outside the US
- (30 days)