Using our revolutionary technology we've designed the FASTEST inflating air pad EVER! Perfect for camping, the beach & indoors too.
For business inquires such as licensing, retail partnerships, and distribution; please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click HERE to sign up for NEW Product ALERTS. When we start selling Air Pads of different sizes and shapes, and when we announce future innovations, you'll be the first to know!
**** UPDATE ****************
This is about more than an (awesome) Air Pad
After going to the Kickstarter Project Jam, I realized we never really described our goal behind this Kickstarter. To us, supporting this Kickstarter is about more than buying an (awesome) Air Pad. You're supporting an entirely new type of technology that has the potential to inspire new ideas and future innovative products.
• Huge, reusable rescue buoys-- inflated by scooping up the air outside a fast moving helicopter, for marking the location of survivors in the water, when conditions prevent smoke signals from being used effectively
• Inflatable tents and dome structures
• Inflatable backboards for rapidly evacuating an injured person from the field
• Huge inflatable lake/sea structures for utilitarian and recreational use; inflated by scooping up the air as a boat speeds forward.
We believe that the Air Pad and Air Bag are awesome and we'll work our asses off to make it the best freak'n product it can be. But it's just the beginning; just the tip of a giant inflatable iceberg all of you are helping to inflate.
Thanks again for your continued support!
- Ryan, Rob, & Zeke
The Windcatcher Air Pad
- Sanitary - The valve never touches your mouth
- Quiet - NO loud & obnoxious electric pumping noise
- Requires NO power
- Requires NO pumping
Optional Accessory - The Windcatcher Air Bag easily turns the Air Pad into a chair perfect for reading, using an iPad, and more!
** UPDATE: NEW VIDEO***********
INDOORS DEMO- Inflation and deflation from start to finish (no cuts)
How Windcatcher Works
The secret behind the Windcatcher's amazing speed of inflation is its ability to leverage the awesome properties of air. Simply put, the two most important properties are:
- Fast moving air has lower air pressure than slow moving air
- Air with higher pressure will be drawn to areas of lower pressure
When you blow into the Windcatcher you create a stream of fast moving, low pressure air. Because it has a higher air pressure, the surrounding air is sucked into the low pressure air stream. As a result, the air entering the Windcatcher is at least 10 to 15 times greater than the air you expelled from your lungs.
How is the Windcatcher Air Pad able to deflate so fast?
By designing a simple but highly effective valve for inflation, we were also able to greatly improve upon deflation as well. Our one of a kind one-way valve with invertible release, keeps the air in as you inflate, but also allows you to bypass the one-way valve for instant deflation.
Windcatcher - Endless Possibilities
Other mats and air pads are such a hassle to inflate and pack-up, they aren't practical to use for just an hour or less. However, the Windcatcher Air Pad inflates and also packs-up so quickly, its perfect for every occasion!
- Taking picnics on your lunch break
- Impromptu cloud watching between classes
- Star gazing on your apartment's rooftop
- Having a romantic evening out by the lake
- Watching the sunset (or rise) along the beach
- Relaxing at the park
- Getting a tan by the pool
- Waiting in line for the latest gadget (or The Colbert Report)
Indoor Adventures (and practical uses)
- Couch surfing around the country (or world)
- Power napping at work
- Splitting a hotel room
- Using as a spare bed for an unexpected guest
- Emergency bedding at hurricane shelter (or relative's house)
- Great if you ever get stuck at the airport
- Glovebox bedding- Too tired to drive home safe. Crash on your friend's floor instead.
Windcatcher Air Pad Details/Specs
- Material: 75D Ripstop Polyester internally laminated with Polyurethane
- Inflated Size: 20 x 72 x 3.25 inches
- Pack-up Size: 9 x 3.5 inches
- Weight: 24 oz/ 1.5 lbs (Final pad may be a few ounces lighter or heavier-- see manufacturing section below)
- R-Value: 1
- Quick Pack: Air Pad can be rolled up and secured with Velcro straps
- Conventional Valve: For releasing air to adjust comfort (fullness)
- Extras Included: Stuff sack and repair kit
Windcatcher Air Bag
How to use the Windcatcher Air Bag
The Windcatcher Air Bag inflates, closes, and deflates just like the Air Pad. Once inflated, just unroll the tail section, so that it is under the center of the pad and lay down. Your own weight pressing against the tail section prevents the bag from moving, so no attachments are required.
- Easily transforms the Air Pad into a SWEET lounge chair!
- Perfect when reading, checking your phone, or watching the sunset
- Can be used both indoors and outside
- Doubles as a Dry Bag
The Windcatcher Story
There I was laying on the beach in Hawaii around Christmas time. After blowing two breaths of air into an inflatable raft/mat; and seeing what pitiful progress I had made, I decided laying directly on the beach was really my only choice. My brother; who now had a wife and kid to worry about, felt more compelled to inflate his own raft. As such, he continued this charade for another thirty seconds before ultimately giving up. Upon quitting, my brother looked down at the valve and said something to the effect of "this is f----ing ridiculous". As I laid there and listen to his words of wisdom, my mind raced with ideas about how........ oh, shave ice!
The money raised on Kickstarter will be used for the following
- Place initial order with OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) - Because of setup cost, OEMs require you place large orders for custom air pads
- In-house Equipment - Since we'll be making parts of the mattress ourselves, we'll need to purchase some basic equipment.
- Materials - Like the air pads, no one lets you purchase just a couple yards of the material we use for the Windcatcher's valve (Our business partners were kind enough to provide us with free samples, so we could make a quality prototype)
- Labor - Depending how many we sell, we may need to hire a couple helpers to assemble and inspect the final product.
Our plan is to have an experienced OEM produce the mattress for us, while we'll manufacture and the Windcatcher valves ourselves. The mattresses will be shipped to us, where we will integrate the Windcatcher's valve and necessary components into the mat. Because we will be finishing the product, we'll be able to inspect every last air pad before they ship out.
We have already received the necessary samples and quotes and have vendors and suppliers standing by. Once we have reached our Kickstarter goal, we intend to secure temporary financing to cover the cost of the initial orders. This way we can get a jumpstart on the production of the mats without having to wait until the campaign ends (plus Amazon's 14 day processing period).
Continuing Research & Development
Though our specifications are more or less locked down, we a constantly working to improve the look and functionality of the Windcatcher Air Pad. As we receive feedback minor improvements like the width of the Velcro straps may be made smaller to reduce weight. Of course any changes we make will be done to improve upon the product and all backers will be kept up-to-date and told about any changes.
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Though our product is relatively simple to manufacture there is always a chance of running into issues that would delay fulfillment. In the event our OEM partner or supply partners are unable to deliver the necessary components on time, a minor delay may result.
To limit our risk we have received quotes and samples from multiple partners. If any partner fails to meet expectations, we are ready to switch to a different vendor. In addition to this precaution, we have also padded our delivery date by two weeks; giving us ample time to manufacture a quality air pad before the end of August.
For the Kickstarter, we are only offering one size Air Pad (20 x 72 x 3.25 inches).
If we're successfully funded, we would definitely like to offer multiple products including larger (and smaller) Air Pads. You can sign up for NEW Product Alerts here: http://www.oceanicinnovation.com/windcatcher/new-product-alert-signup
FUN FACT: With the Windcatcher, a pad that is twice as large does not take twice as long to inflate. Our original pad was 2.5 inches thick. When we discovered we could inflate a pad that is 3.25 inches thick in the same amount of time (and breaths), we went with the thicker pad.
Air Pads are not normally sold in pairs or bundles, so Kickstarter will not allow me to create a reward which has multiple Air Pads.
If you'd like to order multiple Air Pads, please multiply your pledge by the appropriate amount. For example- If you'd like to order two Air Pads ($80), you can pledge for $160. International orders only need to pay for shipping once. If you have any questions, please email us first at email@example.com.
You can still purchase (or pre-order) our products on our website www.windcatchergear.com
seconds to go
Pledge $5 or moreYou selected
Access to our exclusive Backer Updates and one awesome virtual high-five!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $40 or moreYou selected
40 backers All gone!
The Windcatcher Air BAG. Retail Price: $50 / save $10! (FREE shipping within the US)Estimated delivery:Add $20 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $70 or moreYou selected
50 backers All gone!
Early Bird Special - The Windcatcher Air Pad. Retail Price: $100 / save $30! (FREE Shipping within the US)Estimated delivery:Add $20 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $80 or moreYou selected
The Windcatcher Air Pad. Retail Price: $100 / save $20! (FREE Shipping within the US)Estimated delivery:Add $20 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $99 or moreYou selected
700 backers All gone!
PREMIUM SET - The Windcatcher Air Pad & Air BAG. Retail Price: $150 / HUGE $51 savings! We'll never offer this deal again, so DON'T miss out. (FREE Shipping within the US)Estimated delivery:Add $20 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $110 or moreYou selected
130 backers All gone!
PREMIUM SET- The Windcatcher Air Pad & Air BAG. Retail Price: $150 / HUGE $40 savings! We'll never offer this deal again, so DON'T miss out. (FREE Shipping within the US)Estimated delivery:Add $20 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $300 or moreYou selected
2 backers All gone!
DONUT PICNIC - A picnic in the park with Ryan and Rob! We'll lounge around the park on our Air Pads, eat some Voodoo donuts and brainstorm about future awesome Kickstarter projects. Or we can just stare at one another, while we stuff our faces; your call. INCLUDES: One Premium Set + One dozen donuts from Voodoo Donuts; you choose the flavors. (Travel expenses not included)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $1,200 or moreYou selected
1 backer All gone!
CAMPING POW-WOW: Are you interested in partnering with us? Come join us for an awesome three day camping trip along the Oregon coast. We'll eat good food, tell ghost stories, and poo in the woods. We'll also discuss future partnerships and collaborate about any ideas you'd like. INCLUDES: One Premium Set. (NOTE: You're responsible for getting to Portland, OR. We'll take care of the rest) --Email us for more details--Estimated delivery:
- (30 days)