Round 10 is a simple and easy to play tabletop RPG system that can be played in any genre or setting!
What is the Round 10 RPG System?
Round 10 is a tabletop Role-Playing Game Engine that was designed with two very simple goals in mind: 1.) To create a tabletop game that anybody, from rookie gamers to experienced veterans, can enjoy, and 2.) To create a tabletop game that isn't limited to one play-style or genre.
With Round 10 you and your gaming group can experience the magic-wielding, arrow-slinging adventures of high-fantasy gaming one week, and then trade in your Elves and Dwarves for mobsters and crime lords in a 1920's gangster session the next week. The Core Rulebook provides the basics, the simple information on how to use this system, and then what you do with it is up to you. The only limitations to Round 10 gaming are the ones you put forth. Play the game you want to play!
This initial project will fund the Core Rulebook, as well as the first official Round 10 Setting Module, Zimildran. With everything in this project, you will be able to experience Round 10 gaming, bringing you and your friends into a game system that's all about simplicity and adaptability.
What about Round 10 sets it apart from other role-playing systems?
- A simple, streamlined system! All you need to play are two dice, the Core Rules and a Setting Module. It's easy to learn, yet still provides the same depth and complexity you've come to expect from tabletop games.
- Modular play! Want to change-up what your gaming group experiences without having to learn a new system? Round 10 is designed to accommodate any setting or genre you and your play group want.
- Easily adaptable! Create your own Settings with relative ease! Experience your favorite films, video games, or other tabletop settings using the Round 10 rules. GMing has never been so simple!
- New, Official Setting Modules released periodically! After Zimildran, expect to see future setting Modules, allowing you to play Round 10 in other amazing locales and in new and interesting ways. Also, Setting Expansions will be released as well, taking the Settings you already know and love and expanding on their capabilities.
What is the Setting Module, Zimildran, like?
- Zimildran is a medieval-fantasy setting in which traditional fantasy monsters, like trolls and dragons, have been replaced with creatures from prehistoric Earth. Adventurers must stay alert or else they will be overtaken by vicious predatory dinosaurs, territorial woolly mammoths, and cunning saber-tooth cats.
- The civilized world of Zimildran is divided into four distinct nations: Harsonia, the trade-capital and engineering hub of the continent, Kotokai, the imperialistic and spiritual jungle region, the Snow Marches, a clan-ruled tundra in the north, and Ukinda, a loose affiliation of nomadic tribes who roam the arid west.
- A largely primal and untamed world, Zimildran offers plenty of adventure and danger for the daring and bold: ancient ruins of unknown origin dot the landscape, hiding relics and artifacts worth a king's fortune. An unknown evil stirs in the far west, labeled as demons by the Ukindans. In the thick forests of the east, a terrible, unnatural disease spreads, returning once-dead beasts to life as reanimated corpses. All of this on top of the already tense diplomatic relations between, and even within, the four cultures.
Keep an eye on the project Updates for additional information on the System, the Setting, the Artwork, and the Rewards!
What has to be done to make Round 10 possible?
This is where you come in! Thanks to Kickstarter, and your generous donations, we hope to raise $4,500 to finish the production of the Round 10 Role-Playing Game System. The writing of the Core Rulebook and the Zimildran Setting Module are almost complete already! Your support will go towards finishing, editing and revising the manuscripts, designing the layout of the books and the character sheets, fully illustrating the project, and getting it completely ready for digital download, print-on-demand, and publication. This book will be produced through Createspace.com.
To help show our appreciation for your contributions, we have a number of rewards set up to say "thanks." Everything from free copies of the game, to having your name published in the book, to having your likeness drawn as an illustration in the book, are all available.
Be sure to follow the Tumblr already set up for the system, and thank you for your interest and for your support!
There is no additional costs for overseas shipping. I don't want to penalize someone for living outside the United States, and all backers will receive the same rewards for the same dollar amount.
Round 10 was designed to be easy-to-play in any Setting or genre, and if you absolutely needed an Official Setting Module to play it, it wouldn’t meet that goal very well. It is very possible, and even expected, for players and Game Masters to want to play the Round 10 Engine in settings and locations that aren’t covered by the Setting Modules.
The Round 10 Core Rulebook offers two different sections to help Game Masters create the worlds they want to: Mastering Your Game and Crafting Your World. Both of these sections in the rulebook offer step-by-step instructions, hints and tips for how to utilize Round 10 to be the game you want it to be.
However, creating a scenario, and a setting, is a lot of work. Round 10 seeks to alleviate that work for players and Game Masters by providing unique and original Setting Modules to allow for players to jump right into a Setting without having to pour over one’s creation for hours and days. Yet, in the event that you don’t want to use any of the Official Setting Modules, or if creating a setting is what you really enjoy, then the system is perfectly capable to accomodate.
So, in short, no, you do not need an Official Setting Module to enjoy the Round 10 Engine.
seconds to go
Pledge $1 or moreYou selected
A pledge of $1 or more will get your name printed in the "Round 10 Contributors" section of the Core Rulebook.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $5 or moreYou selected
A pledge of $5 or more will get you the above printed reward, plus a hand-written 'Thank You' card sent directly to you. Thank You cards are printed with artwork from the Core Rulebook.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
A pledge of $10 or more will get you the above printed rewards, plus a free downloadable PDF of the Round 10 Core Rulebook. NOTE: This does not include the Zimildran Setting Module.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
A pledge of $25 or more will get you the above printed rewards, plus a free downloadable PDF of the Zimildran Setting Module.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $35 or moreYou selected
A pledge of $35 or more will get you the above printed rewards, plus your choice of one of the free downloadable PDFs of the introductory scenarios "Operation: Heavenly Discord" or "Ruins of the Kwai Temple."Estimated delivery:
Pledge $55 or moreYou selected
A pledge of $55 or more will get you the above printed rewards, plus a hard-cover, full-color copy of the Round 10 Core Rulebook + Zimildran Setting Module.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $75 or moreYou selected
A pledge of $75 or more will get you all of the above listed rewards, plus a Round 10 Role Playing t-shirt. (T-shirt is black with the "R10" die logo on the front).Estimated delivery:
Pledge $250 or moreYou selected
2 backers Limited (3 left of 5)
A pledge of $250 or more will get you the above printed rewards, as well as having your likeness drawn as a 1/2 page, full-color character illustration in the Zimildran Setting Module.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $400 or moreYou selected
1 backer Limited (4 left of 5)
A pledge of $400 or more will get you all of the above listed rewards. Additionally, instead of a 1/2 page illustration, your likeness will be drawn as a full page, full-color character illustration in the Zimildran Setting Module.Estimated delivery:
- (30 days)