Subscribe to an all-natural snack box, get it delivered straight to you, and enjoy as part of a healthy lifestyle.
Your stomach's growling so loud you're sure the CEO can hear it from the penthouse office. You can't concentrate. Numbers blur. Words spin. You snap at the office intern. Its 3 o'clock. You've skipped lunch. Your mouth waters at the thought of potato chips and chocolate bars.
Your reaction's normal; you need food for fuel. When you eat, your blood sugar level rises, producing insulin and allowing glucose to exit your bloodstream and enter your cells craving energy.
But by eating more often - munching on small portions throughout the day - you can avoid that pile-on-the-pounds junk-food rush.
At Munchit, we want you to enjoy your food, but eat less and avoid oversized portions. We know how big bags of snacks can lead to mindless eating.
"But I don't have time to measure out portions," you cry.
Well, that's why we've done it for you. Our snacks consist of over 20 mouth-watering mixes of dried fruits, nuts, seeds, crackers, and natural treats to choose from; each mix averages around 180 calories.
All you have to do is login to our website, and tell us if you'd love to munch or don't wanna munch for each of our mixes. We then choose 4 snack mixes to pack in your box based on your tastes. That means every box will be 100% unique to you while still remaining a surprise. You can opt to order boxes as a weekly subscription or a monthly package deal.
All boxes are $5.99. For an additional $0.50, you can add an organic tea bag to your box. Tea options include, among others, antioxidant-rich white tea and detoxifying sweet fennel and nettle.
Our food is FDA approved, and all nutritional information has been confirmed by a panel at the University of Akron's School of Nutrition and Dietetics. We ensure no MSG, no partially hydrogenated oils, no trans fats, no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives in any of our mixes.
We need your help!
So far, we have invested as a company in developing our packaging, sourcing our food and material suppliers, evaluating the nutritional content, producing boxes on a small scale, and developing our IT and media. It's only with your support that we can start producing munchit boxes on a mass scale.
Here's what your contribution towards the $50,000 will go towards:
- Packing machine
- Heat-sealing machine
- Plastic packaging mold
- Food & packaging inventory (snacks and 100% recyclable, biodegradable box)
- Boring stuff like warehousing and insurance
With your help, we can all enjoy convenient, healthy snacking, anytime, anywhere. We'd be honored to have you on board and grow with us.
We updated our rewards! In addition to the rewards for pledges listed in the right-hand column of our Kickstarter page, you will now also receive:
$20 donations will also receive a full Munchit box.
$35 donations will also receive a full Munchit box.
$50 donations will also receive 2 extra Munchit boxes (one box a week for 3 weeks in total).
$100 donations will receive an extra 5 Munchit boxes (one box a week for 6 weeks in total).
$150 donations will also receive 9 extra Munchit boxes (one a week for 9 weeks in total).
$250 donations will also receive 9 extra boxes (one box per week for 12 weeks in total).
See the picture diagram below for more details on our newly improved rewards! If you’ve already donated to us, don’t worry, you’ll receive these newly listed rewards too!
WANT TO BUY ONE?
On Kickstarter, you can pre-order a munchit box. It lets you help us pay the startup costs for this new, healthy snack project. When you select a reward from the options on the right, you're ordering something that's not yet produced. If our project is successful, your credit card will be charged once everyone's orders are in. We'll use the money to produce the first batch of boxes.
We have lead times quoted of around 8 weeks from order to delivery and plan to have the first healthy snack boxes out to you in time for your New Year's resolutions!
WHERE CAN MY BOX BE DELIVERED?
We deliver nationwide in the USA (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) through USPS mail.
Do you have an address that can receive mail? Well, you're in luck! You can receive a munchit box. If you live outside of the USA and want to support us on Kickstarter, we can't mail you a box, but we will be grateful for your support, and we'll follow up with you as per our other rewards (thank you cards, t-shirts, phone calls, dinners, and Wall of Fame).
HOW MUCH IS SHIPPING?
$2.80 for anywhere in the USA (excluding Hawaii and Alaska); we can't deliver boxes outside that area yet - sorry! Don't forget to pledge shipping so we can deliver your reward.
DO YOU SHIP INTERNATIONALLY?
We'll contact you once funding is closed for your shipping address and t-shirt size (if applicable). If you live in the UK, shipping will cost no more than $10. If you live outside of the UK or the USA, we will be in touch with you after funding is complete.
HOW WILL YOU KNOW MY ADDRESS?
We'll contact you once funding is closed for your shipping address and t-shirt size (if applicable).
DO I NEED TO SIGN FOR MY BOX?
Nope; there is no need for your signature. Our boxes are just the right size that they'll fit into your mailbox with no problems!
WHAT ARE THE MOUTH-WATERING MIXES ON OFFER?
Route 66: cranberries, golden flax seeds, golden raisins, and whole natural almonds.
Omega it's You: roasted, salted sunflower seeds, whole natural almonds, and jumbo, raw organic cashews.
Casablanca: sun-dried tomatoes, dried green beans, and sesame sticks.
Sake to Me: wasabi peas, dry-roasted edamame, tamari almonds, and mochi rice cakes.
Early Bird Special: raw pepitas, sesame seeds, chia seeds, roasted and raw sunflower seeds, and golden flax seeds.
Bare Necessities: slivered almonds, walnuts, and hazelnuts.
Tea and Crumpets: yogurt-coated almonds, currants, organic apricots, and banana coins.
Son of a Gun: roasted fava beans, buffalo peanuts, and Kansas City BBQ almonds.
Pulp Fiction: unsweetened coconut chips, mango, star fruit, banana coins, and pineapple chunks.
Banana Split: butter toffee almonds, banana coins, and honey-roasted peanuts.
Mi Mamacita: jalapeno cheddar sticks, toasted corn nuts, and tomato salsa almonds.
Aunt J's B&B: vanilla crunchy granola and tart dried cherries.
Blind Date: oat-rolled dates, slivered almonds, blueberries, cherries, and golden raisins.
Red Eye: dark chocolate espresso beans, hazelnuts, cranberries, and goji berries.
Fourth of July: organic fuji apple chips, cinnamon-roasted almonds, and flame raisins.
Birthday Suit: hazelnuts, whole natural almonds, raw pepitas, and raw sunflower seeds.
Sas Squash: salted, golden-roasted chickpeas, roasted soy-nuts, and roasted squash seeds.
Hot Chocolate: hot banana chips, organic dark chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, vegan marshmallows, and pomelo fruit.
Machu Picchu: quinoa puffs, roasted cashew pieces, carob chips, and diced pineapple.
Fruit Chips: banana, honeydew melon, pineapple, star fruit, and apple chips.
Veggie Chips: sweet potato, squash, carrots, green beans, taro, and blue sweet potatoes.
Pistachios: salted, in-shell roasted pistachios.
Flax Corn Chips: salted flax chips.
IS YOUR FOOD SUITABLE FOR VEGANS?
Our mixes Route 66, Omega it's You, Casablanca, Early Bird Special, Bare Necessities, Pulp Fiction, Blind Date, Birthday Suit, Sas Squash, Machu Picchu, Sushi Roll, Fruit Chips, Veggie Chips, and Pistachios are all vegan-friendly.
IS YOUR FOOD GLUTEN FREE?
Our mixes Route 66, Omega it's You, Bare Necessities, Birthday Suit, Fruit Chips, Veggie Chips, Pulp Fiction, Sas Squash, and Pistachios are all gluten-free.
IS YOUR FOOD SUITABLE FOR THOSE WITH NUT ALLERGIES?
Unfortunately, no. Our food is prepared in an environment where we store nuts. Therefore, there is a possibility all of our products may contain trace amounts of nuts.
ARE MUNCHIT BOXES ONLY MEANT FOR OFFICE WORKERS?
Of course not! We bet college kids would love them too, along with busy moms and dads, and everyone else out there looking for a convenient way to eat and live well.
IS MY BOX RECYCLABLE?
Yes, it is! So help the environment we live in, and please recycle it.
HOW LONG WILL MY MUNCHIT BOX LAST?
Individual punnets are each sealed for maximum freshness. Unopened, each will last about 2 months. Once opened, we recommend munching within 3 days.
HOW DO YOU HANDLE FOOD WASTE?
Since we are packaging small amounts of food daily, we try to be as careful as possible with our buying. If there is anything left over, we will give to local homeless shelters. By individually packaging your food, it means that there will be no waste for you!GOT A QUESTION?
If you can't find your question here, simply contact us at email@example.com, and we'll do our best to get back to you as soon as possible.
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Some of the key risks and challenges to this project are outlined below:
1) Cashflow: as a new company, there is always a challenge that as we grow, demand might outstrip our capacity to cover the costs required to buy our food and packaging before we receive the money from our customers who buy our boxes. Working capital is not a unique problem, and it’s always a challenge for commercial enterprises. We have a member of our team holding an MBA with a financial focus, but we also have an established relationship with an accountancy firm who will double check not only our financial management but also our financial preparations and planning. Lastly, we have identified one or two very talented and highly experienced finance professionals who will also feed into our money management processes.
2) Food Prices: in economics language, food production and supply markets follow a kind of Cobweb model (first described by Nicholas Kaldor, 1934). For example, if say in 2012 there’s a shortage of peanuts, this will push up the price of peanuts in stores. As a result, farmers will see a great opportunity—nuts fetch a high price, and so there’s more profit to be made. For the 2013 growing season, farmers in the USA might produce more peanuts as they all try and cash in on the reward. The result is that the farmers produce too many peanuts, and the price of peanuts in stores rapidly drops because there are too many peanuts around! The point is that prices for our fruit and nuts fluctuate, and this has a massive knock-on effect on our costs. We plan to combat this through strong relationships with our suppliers including some 6-month fixed pricing. In addition, we’ll regularly change our mixes on offer, partly to add variety but also to ensure that our business will remain feasible!
3) Awareness of our Product: raising awareness of our product when we don’t have much of a budget to do so is a real challenge, but one of the key media for us is to utilize are social networking sites and other websites such as Kickstarter. One of our team members has a university degree in marketing and another has worked for a number of publishers and media organizations in London, England. We also have strong contacts within a number of significant companies that can direct and guide us where needed. As a result, we feel that we have the human resources to achieve this challenging requirement.
4) Competition: the US food and snack market is highly competitive, and Munchit faces threats from junk food to healthy snack bars and from potato chips to hoagies! However, the reason there is so much choice is because US packaged snack sales hit $64 billion in 2010, up from $56 billion in 2006, according to a recent report from market research organization Packaged Facts. Packaged Facts expects the growth rate of the market to further increase over the next several years and predicts sales to reach $77 billion by 2015. There is huge potential for market growth; therefore, this challenge is also an opportunity. We will aim to build a strong alternative brand over the first 24 months of operations and utilize this as a barrier to entry and in respect to our competition. However, competition is a reality for all businesses; it’s a serious challenge, but it also keeps us innovative. Our spirit is, as a famous car hire company used to say: “we’re number two, so we try harder!”
5) The Global Economic Downturn: people may argue that Munchit is a luxury item and therefore the first kind of company to suffer in an economic downturn. Our research suggests this is not the case for two reasons: 1. our recurring payment method of purchase by customers means that their purchases of our product are regular and automatic 2. after researching similar health food companies, we have seen only a slight impact of the recession. The business is not recession-proof but certainly more recession-hardy than one might expect!
pledged of $50,000 goal
seconds to go
Funding Unsuccessful This project reached the deadline without achieving its funding goal on October 25, 2012.
Sep 24, 2012 - Oct 25, 2012 (31 days)
Pledge $1 or more
Please click on the 'Updates' tab to see our revised rewards list! For a dollar - thank you!Estimated delivery: Jan 2013
Pledge $5 or more
Your name will be etched into the Munchit website Wall of Fame (unless you don't want it to be)! You've helped make this happen!Estimated delivery: Jan 2013
Pledge $10 or more
With this nice little round number and for less than a pizza at the local take out, you'll get a lovely thank you email, and your name will be etched into the Munchit website Wall of Fame (unless you don't want it to be)!Estimated delivery: Jan 2013
Pledge $15 or more
You get a Munchit box delivered to your door which will lift your soul with its scrummy flavors! You'll receive a thank you and an entry onto the Wall of Fame too.Estimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $20 or more
A snip at twenty bucks! For less than the cost of six gallons of fuel, you'll get one of our tasty sample mixes, and your name will be etched into the Munchit website Wall of Fame (unless you don't want it to be)!Estimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $35 or more
Not even the cost of a meal out at your local restaurant! You'll get two of our tasty sample mixes, and your name will be etched into the Munchit website Wall of Fame (unless you don't want it to be)!Estimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $50 or more
Pre-order a Munchit box! Thank you so much. Be one of our first customers. You'll receive one of our full all-natural Munchit boxes, a handwritten thank you card, and your name will be etched into the Munchit website Wall of Fame (unless you don't want it to be)!Estimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $100 or more
An absolutely gorgeous Munchit T-shirt, one of our scrumptious Munchit boxes, a personal British or American accented phone call from us, and your name will be etched into the Munchit website Wall of Fame (unless you don't want it to be)!Estimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $150 or more
A personalized thank you card, a coveted Munchit t-shirt we're sure will be on the catwalk in Milan next summer, one of our lovely Munchit boxes, a phone call, and your name will be etched into the Munchit website Wall of Fame (unless you don't want it to be)!Estimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $250 or more
Thank you sooo much! Free subscription to Munchit (get one of our scrummy Munchit boxes each month for three months), a phone call, thank you card, and your name etched into the Munchit website Wall of Fame (unless you don't want it to be)!Estimated delivery: Mar 2013
Pledge $500 or more
One Munchit box every week for 25 weeks! Knock yourself out on the bursting natural flavors that will explode your taste buds. You'll also get a T-shirt, be etched into the Wall of Fame and receive a very grateful thank you.Estimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $1,000 or more
Wow-ee! A year's subscription to Munchit - one box per week for 52 weeks! Dinner for two at a nice restaurant, you can name one of our mixes (for the first 5 donors), a phone call, a t-shirt, thank you card, and your name will be etched into the Munchit website Wall of Fame (unless you don't want it to be)!Estimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $2,500 or more
That's amazing; you must be crazy or just an angel! A three year supply of Munchit boxes (156 boxes). Dinner for two at a nice restaurant (with us if you like in Northeast Ohio), a mix permanently named after you, a phone call, a t-shirt, thank you card, and your name etched into the Munchit website Wall of Fame (unless you don't want it to be)!Estimated delivery: Feb 2013