Make learning Arabic easy with a free website and Android/iOS apps
What is the project?
We are building a free website and a pair of Android/iOS apps to teach introductory Arabic using integrated lessons, dialogues, flash-cards, quizzes and a dictionary.
To see a snapshot check out the public website:
Who are we?
TenguGo has already produced several apps including a top-rated free App to teach the Arabic Alphabet for both Android and iOS. We are a team of developers, teachers, linguists and native speakers who want to show you that learning Arabic doesn't have to be frustrating. In fact, it can be fun!
We are about two-thirds of the way done with the TenguGo Arabic 1 Textbook/App. With your support we are hoping we can finish it in a little over a month.
- Software: 90% done. The website, iOS and Android apps all can handle lessons, quizzes, flash cards and the Arabic Dictionary. See video for a demo.
- Lessons: 66% done (10 are in final draft, getting feedback from users)
- Quizzes: 50% done
- Audio: 0% done
- Arabic Word/Root dictionary: We will continue to add more vocabulary.
What will we be releasing?
- Free website and low cost (99¢) Android/iOS apps
- 15 Arabic lessons covering greetings, culture, basic grammar (nouns, adjectives, verbs and adverbs) and basic conversation, complete with audio
- Vocab and Grammar quizzes for each lesson
- Arabic dictionary with both Word and Arabic Root look-up
Screenshots of Lessons, Quizzes, Dictionary and Flashcards.
What would we do if we exceed our goal?
- Extra lessons
- Arabic Vocab Builder
- More audio
- Start work on TenguGo Arabic 2
- Improve dictionary (more words)
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Here is what we have left to do:
1) Record audio - this shouldn't be to difficult
2) Finish the last 5 lessons - this will take time, but since we already did 10 it shouldn't be impossible
3) Software - Functionally the web, iOS and Android versions work as is, but of course there are always some bugs to iron out
4) Quizzes and vocab - we need to add some more, but once again it's just some more work
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
Pledge $5 or moreYou selected
Thank you! Your name will be included on the website and in the mobile apps as a KickStarter Contributor! You will also receive a special thank you e-mail from the TenguGo team and the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping people learn a new language!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
All of the above + We will send you a thank you post card signed by the TenguGo Arabic team.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $15 or moreYou selected
All of the above + You will receive one copy of the mobile app (IOS or Andriod). For Android requires Android version 3.0 or above.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
All of the above + You will receive one extra copy of the mobile app to give to a friend. Give the gift of a new language!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
All of the above + You will receive a colorful Go Fish game in Arabic, designed by Christine Wilson.Estimated delivery:Add $10 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $75 or moreYou selected
All of the above + We'll include a one paragraph bio provided by you in the KickStarter Supporters section.Estimated delivery:Add $10 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $115 or moreYou selected
All of the above + You will receive a limited edition TenguGo Arabic T-shirt.Estimated delivery:Add $10 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $150 or moreYou selected
1 backer Limited (49 left of 50)
All of the above + We'll include a picture of you, or your dog or something (you'll have to work with us) into one of our lessons.Estimated delivery:Add $10 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $175 or moreYou selected
All of the above (excluding picture in lesson) + You will become a TenguGo Scholar and receive one free copy of all new TenguGo Arabic apps (iOS or Android) for the next 5 years.Estimated delivery:Add $10 USD to ship outside the US
- (30 days)