After mulling it over, I've decided to use the master 3D model to create a basic cardboard/wood frame and use foam for the filler. This will allow a much finer curvature to the main cowl. I believe that this method will product greater results than just simply creating out of paper. The final cast piece will be fiberglass/resin and filled with liquid expanding foam. This will allow the piece to be extremely strong and lightweight.
For the main strut members, I've decided to create them using card stock. This will then be followed by both a resin inner and outer coating. The final mold will be cast from Fiberglass/resin and filled with liquid expanding foam. This will require a metal reinforcement bar to add structural integrity.
Until next update,