Attend Opera Siena, gain performance experience, make professional connections & pursue audition opportunities for a career in opera.
Hello! My name is Rebecca Peterson. I am a lyric soprano based in the Seattle area. My ultimate goal is to be a successful, working opera singer.
I have been selected to perform the role of "Dorinda" in the Handel opera Orlando with Opera Siena as part of their Opera Performance Studio, in the Siena Music Festival. Details about the program can be found online: http://www.operasiena.com/concrete220.127.116.11/index.php/program/
July 29-August 20, 2012
1) Gain valuable performance experience. The opportunity to perform an entire role in the original language presents a great marketing advantage. Opera companies look to hire singers with full role experience. As a young singer, this musical opportunity provides the experience needed to help me move into the next stage of my career.
2) Make professional connections with guest artists, conductors and professional management firms. During the festival, master classes will be given by several artists including Philip Cutlip, Thomas Muraco, Filippo Anselmi, Mitchell Piper and Marishka Wierzbicki.
3) Exposure to the Italian language. In this art, singers are expected to have a conversational understanding of the languages they perform, especially Italian. As part of the festival, singers receive two hours of Italian instruction every morning. Immersion in Italian life, culture and language would greatly impact my own musical growth.
4) Receive private management consultations and audition for professional management representation.
5) Pursue audition opportunities in the region.
6) Lay the foundation for the next step towards a career in opera!
My Kickstarter Goal...
All funds raised will go towards program fees and travel and housing expenses while in Italy. Should I be fortunate and surpass my Kickstarter goal, any remaining funds will go towards an upcoming audition tour in December.
Thank you all for your support of this project!
By making a donation, you're helping to support my own musical growth. My very deepest thanks to all of you for your support! Every bit helps!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
pledged of $3,675 goal
seconds to go
Apr 9, 2012 - Apr 24, 2012
Pledge $10 or more
3 backers Limited (7 of 10 left)
Thank you email and MP3 recordings of me performing "Quando m'en vo" and "Ain't it a Pretty Night".Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $25 or more
9 backers Limited (41 of 50 left)
Hand written thank you letter, correspondence from Europe (via video message or postcard), and the recordings listed above.Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $100 or more
2 backers Limited (28 of 30 left)
Handwritten thank you letter, correspondence from Europe (via video message or postcard), and a recording (CD or DVD) of one of my public performances of the opera "Orlanda" while in Siena.Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $150 or more
1 backer Limited (4 of 5 left)
Any two previous rewards plus three MP3 recordings of songs/arias of your choice in the lyric soprano repertoire.Estimated delivery: Feb 2013
Pledge $500 or more
0 backers Limited (5 of 5 left)
Any two previous rewards plus five MP3 recordings of songs/arias of your choice in the lyric soprano repertoire.Estimated delivery: Dec 2013
Pledge $1,000 or more
0 backers Limited (2 of 2 left)
Personal recital live or recorded (depending on location) plus all of the above rewards.Estimated delivery: Dec 2013