Greetings from our corner of the Schlockverse.
We have some good news, some news and some not so awesome, but not horrible news.
Important Stuff First:
From my last post (Update #25), I mentioned a delay. This delay came to fruit. A mistake (fully mine (explained at the bottom)) in the main art file necessitated a delay to ensure that the resulting output, i.e. the game, was of the highest quality. To that end, we are indeed running a few weeks late as mentioned earlier. As always, our goal is to have the games to our early supporters first so you all shall be seeing the game at the earliest opportunity (Howard will however be getting one flown in so he can show it off to fans at regional conventions). The game itself is in full production now and will be shipping out to us just as soon as it is finished. My apologies for the delay.
As a token of our apology, we've ratcheted up the give aways. The following items are being added (we have them in hand already):
- Second blank Character Sheet: Now you can make two custom characters.
- More stickers on the sticker sheet: Originally there were to be 20 wooden tokens and 40 stickers. I went ahead and upgraded the stickers to have a higher quality laminate to protect them from wear. I also went ahead and printed a full 8.5" x 11" sticker sheet. Now, in addition to the 9 standard characters + a hand full of drones, we're including the 9 standard characters, plus Andy and Rocket Mode Schlock, plus the drones and of course, extra stickers of Ovalqwik and other neat items.
- The rest of a punch board: The overfunding goals that all of you helped us meet included a full punch board of extra tiles plus a number of extra tiles on top of that. We've upgraded it to two full punch boards worth of tiles / tokens. Each punch board includes 1 Large Floor Tile, 1 Double Floor Tile, 2 Single Floor Tiles and 27 additional tokens. Some of these tokens include extra equipment such as the Circus Gear flying armor and mono wire boots. Fun stuff for additional scenarios.
A good number of people have emailed offering up demo opportunities. I am responding to them this weekend (spent the majority of the last bit of time perfecting graphic files). Thank you for your interest.
Change of Address:
If you've sent me a change of address lately, I'm updating them this weekend. There is still time to change addresses. I'll make a post giving people a heads up before the time comes to ship the games so people can make last minute changes.
- Patches: In Hand
- Wood Discs: In Hand
- Wood Disc Stickers for Characters: In Transit
- Tagon Dice: In Transit
- Drone Dice: In Transit
- Dice Bag: In Hand
- Dice Cup: In Transit
- Blank Character Sheet: In Transit
- Character Sheets (2) - Promo: In transit, Also See Above
- Punch Boards (2) - Promo: See Above
- Scenario Sheet (1) - In Transit
We are currently advance packing the promotional items together to speed up final packing. Right now 20 wood discs and a patch go inside a dice bag. When the dice and cup get here, the custom dice will be placed in the dice cup and the bag will be put inside the cup on top of the dice. 1,500 times we get to perform this task, but we're loving it. Thank you for the opportunity. Also, just as soon as the rest of the promos arrive, I'll take some detailed photos so people can see what is coming.
Explanation of Mistake: For those curious, when laying out the artwork for the game (Over 150 unique pieces of artwork and approximately 1,000 pieces of artwork laid out), one of the files that was used to provide floor texture on the miscellaneous tokens was imported (placed and embedded) at a resolution that was just under the desired clarity. During the art department review, taking into account German / US communication delays, the error was caught and we rectified the resolution and set out to regenerate the files for the art house. One out of a thousand pieces of artwork created such a delay. It is amazing and also a little sickening, but all the art files are now correct and life moves forward.
Questions / Comments: If you have any questions or comments, we can be reached the following ways: