Let the missiles flow
Borealis is a new take on the classic twin-stick shooter. The player cannot shoot enemies directly, so the only way to survive is to guide the missiles into each-other, and learn the dozens of patterns they can follow. The less the player moves, the more the score increases, so subtly guiding the world around you is the key.
The game is composed of eleven environments, each of which has a unique style and set of missiles, as well as its own sound profile. These environments range from a battle over a pristine countryside to the floor of a sterile lab. All of this is done to a procedurally-generated soundtrack that is directly based on events from the game.
- Three gameplay modes: Survival, Score run, and Endless
- Eleven different moods, which each represent a massive change in gameplay
- Completely procedurally generated, with incredible replay value
- Xbox360 Controller compatible (with an Xbox release on the way, see the stretch goal below for details)
- Known to induce meditation-like trances in monkeys*
*Not actually tested, results may vary.
Funding will be broken down as follows:
- $450: Reason 6.5 (I am using the demo, and need the full version to release the game)
- $50: Domain name and hosting
- $60: Covers the fees for Kickstarter and Amazon Payments
- $100 (Stretch goal): XNA Creator's club membership so I don't have to make Xbox players wait for their version.
- Anything else: Any funding above $660 will go towards my next project.
The final release of Borealis will be timed to be about when Steam Greenlight launches, and the plan is to release it on the Steam store and Desura marketplace immediately, as well as the Xbox Live Arcade when I have enough money for a creator's club membership.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
pledged of $560 goal
seconds to go
Aug 20, 2012 - Sep 19, 2012 (30 days)
Pledge $5 or more
A DRM-Free copy of the game the moment it goes on sale, plus Steam and Desura keys if they become available (The game will likely retail for $5-$10).Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $15 or more
A current beta of the game, sent as soon as I see your pledge (should happen within a day).Estimated delivery: Sep 2012
Pledge $25 or more
A personal thank-you in the game's credits, plus all previous rewardsEstimated delivery: Sep 2012