"Dearly Beloved" is the first full production of The CoLab Theatre Co and a World-Premiere by Boston playwright Brendan Doris-Pierce.
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE DONATED SO FAR! We are so lucky to have met our production budget goal for Dearly Beloved. We still have well over a month to continue to raise money toward our entire season. In addition to play. Discovery and Dearly Beloved we would love to include a community arts event in the late fall, a production of an established work in the spring, and another round of Audition Circle to complete our 2011 - 2012 Season. However, we still have a long way to go before that is a financial reality! To fund everything for our complete first season, from performance space, to equipment rentals, to index cards for Audition Circle, we need a total of $6000.00. With the money we have raised with this campaign so far and our $800 matching sponsorship we are almost half-way there, but it would be truly amazing to reach our full budget by July 15th! Thank you again for all of your generosity and support -- please keep spreading the word!
Thank you for supporting our World Premiere event, Dearly Beloved by Brendan Doris-Pierce. We began workshopping this piece in August of 2010 as part of our performance event play. Growing Up. We followed it up with a staged reading in January 2011, and a Script-in-hand-Staging in in April 2011. The next step in our journey is to bring a full production to fruition in September 2011!
About Dearly Beloved
Why does everyone have to go ruin everything and start getting married? Julius and his best friend Morrie live together comfortably, reliving their college days. But Julius’s girlfriend, June, is growing frustrated with Morrie’s quirks, specifically, his phobia of all things related to love and sex. They find themselves awash in wedding invitations, prompting a crisis in Julius’ and June’s relationship.
About The CoLab
The CoLab Theatre is committed to cultivating artists and the creative process. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of the actor through side-to-side networking, providing practical venues for risk taking and development, and strengthening artists’ ties to the local community by broadening exposure and access to the theatre. We strive to create an environment where actors are free to experiment collaboratively with other artists and new scripts.
We focus on the how, not the what; the process, not the product.
What We Do:
We produce plays.
We develop new work.
We organize workshops.
We support local artists.
We blog for our community.
We strengthen the Boston theatre scene.
Learn more at www.colabtheatre.org
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
Pledge $3 or moreYou selected
- A listing as Collaborator on our website
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
- A listing as Collaborator on our website, A bound copy of the "Dearly Beloved" script signed by the playwright and cast
Pledge $70 or moreYou selected
- A listing in our program as Sponsoring Collaborator, An invitation to a private post-show discussion with the cast and crew of "Dearly Beloved"
Pledge $150 or moreYou selected
- A listing in our program as a Sponsoring Collaborator, 2 complimentary tickets to the "Dearly Beloved" performance of your choice, and a batch of the famed "CoLab Cupcakes" delivered or shipped to your home
Pledge $500 or moreYou selected
- A listing in our program as Associate Producer, 2 complimentary tickets to the "Dearly Beloved" performance of your choice, An Invitation to sit in on a rehearsal for "Dearly Beloved", and an invitation to the "Dearly Beloved" Cast party
Pledge $750 or moreYou selected
- A listing in our program as Associate Producer, 2 complimentary tickets to the "Dearly Beloved" performance of your choice and "play. Discovery" - July 13 & 15, Reserved VIP seating, a private post show discussion, and a dinner out with cast and director
- (73 days)