How to Raise an Awesome Kid - a comedy site and podcast hosted by Eric and Justin (formerly video game writers and currently dads).
How to Raise an Awesome Kid is a project that began as a simple website four years ago. It has recently grown to include a 30 minute weekly podcast hosted by Eric and Justin - Eric records from Virginia, and Justin records from Georgia. The two halves are seamlessly edited together and presented for an ever-growing audience. The two hosts have bypassed fancy podcasting equipment in favor of not-so-great USB microphones that came with Rock Band for the Xbox. Eric and Justin overcome obstacles to recording, such as children who stay up way past their bedtime, and wives who love Eric and Justin very much and would rather spend time with their husbands instead of seeing them huddled over a computer talking into it like crazy men. But Eric and Justin have a dream.
Here's where you come in - by selflessly supporting the How to Raise an Awesome Kid podcast, you will enable the following:
- Funding to record and produce 20 more episodes of the HTRAAK podcast. $75/episode, for you mathmagicians.
- New USB microphones that make Eric begin to sound normal and Justin sound even more dreamy.
- Desk-mounted microphone boom arms: Crawling infants and "handsy" toddlers are making it very difficult to use microphone stands or tripods. Your support helps keep dangerous microphone cords out of the reach of children.
- Standalone digital recorders so we can step away from our computers and record in better acoustic situations, such as a closet or our cars.
- An in-person recording. This is the big one - if we can reach our goal, Eric will visit Justin and they'll record several episodes together, unhindered by time and space (and Gchat). Your support will pay for travel expenses.
- Date nights. You don't have to be married with children to understand how far a few dates can go to keep everyone happy. Your support of Eric and Justin will ensure the support of Eric and Justin's wives - which means everyone is happy.
The Pint Glass: We want to give away one of these custom pint glasses during each of the 20 episodes that your support will commission. Who doesn't like a good pint glass? Well, if you spend any time at garage sales, you know the answer is new spouses or new live-in girlfriends. If you obtain a pint glass through this Kickstarter or a podcast giveaway, we recommend hiding it and cherishing it during your alone time.
This giveaway will help grow our audience as well as hold 16 ounces of fluid, which is an amazing dual use unique to this Kickstarter.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
Pledge $5 or moreYou selected
You have our thanks, and your name (or website name and address) listed on HowToRaiseAnAwesomeKid.com in a fabulous "Thank You" post.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $15 or moreYou selected
We'll creatively work your name (or website name and address) into the recording of a podcast. It'll be done so well, you might even miss it. But we'll do it. Also our thanks, and your name (or website name and address) listed on HowToRaiseAnAwesomeKid.com in a fabulous "Thank You" post.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
The Glorious Pint Glass, emblazoned with the fiery red HTRAAK logo that proves to casual onlookers that you understand how to raise an awesome kid. We figure this beautiful conversation piece is going to cost about $10 to make and ship to you, so you're getting a pint glass AND 20 episodes of HTRAAK in exchange for $15 of proceeds - less than $1 per episode. Also we'll work your name into the podcast, and list your name on our site in a thank you post. And our thanks.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
Two. TWO Pint Glasses. And a permanent "Sponsored by:" link to your website (or your FaceBook or your Twitter) on the front page of the How to Raise an Awesome Kid website during the 20 weeks that the 20 new podcast episodes YOU funded are aired. And we'll work your name into an episode of the podcast. And we thank you.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $200 or moreYou selected
That you'd even consider this is honor enough, but if you insist: Two (2) HTRAAK Pint Glasses and spoken sponsorship for a website or business of your choice in all 20 episodes of HTRAAK. Corporate sponsors take note: That's $10 an episode with free pint glasses thrown in! If you have a jingle or short pitch, we'll play it. Want us to endorse your product or website? We can do that. And we'll put that permanent link to you or your website on the front page of How to Raise an Awesome Kid. And we still thank you.Estimated delivery:
- (30 days)