For 26 years New York city has molded my life. My goal is to preserve the city through photos during the summer of 2012.
My name is Adrian Cabrero. My life has been molded by New York City for 26 years. Of those years, 10 have been absorbed by capturing events through the lens of a camera. Events that often go unnoticed but can have effects both long lasting and short lived:
- On a 100+ degree summer day, a woman spontaneously jumps into the hudson river to cool off with her dog.
- In Times Square, A protester is lifted above the crowd, fist raised in the air as he begins chanting, "One more body of support".
- During a rainy and thunderous evening a man is inspired to take a wet run up 5th Avenue.
- A crossing guard holds up her hand to stop car traffic as thousands of bikers fill park avenue during the annual Summer Streets.
- One evening in Central Park, a man wearing a "Bass Pro" shirt casts a reel in the lake. He fights for 15 minutes to reel in an extraordinarily large fish.
- During a weeklong heatwave, a Mr. Frosty truck loses the battle of keeping cool. The vendor helplessly inspects the engine.
That was 2011. For Spring/Summer 2012, the goal is to create an anthology of everyday New York City moments to share with the world. With your help, this will be a collection that defines one of the most active seasons in this city's evolving history.
I shoot purely digital in RAW format using a canon 5d Mark ii & 7d in combination with a variety of high quality canon lenses and accessories. My photographic adventures have taken me around the United States, Kenya, UK, Cuba and the caribbean. My style of photography can be described as curious, intriguing, and honest.
Resources gained from this Kickstarter will go towards:
1. A full fledged, modern website featuring the photos for everyone to see and share at no cost. Included will be a section dedicated to thanking everyone who helped fund the project.
2. Photo Books of various sizes printed at optimum quality. Included will be a section dedicated to thanking everyone who helped fund the project.
3. Individual prints.
4. Rental or purchase of any necessary equipment/supplies.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
pledged of $5,500 goal
seconds to go
Funding Unsuccessful This project reached the deadline without achieving its funding goal on May 12, 2012.
Apr 12, 2012 - May 12, 2012 (30 days)
Pledge $5 or more
Digital copies of a select group of photos from the project, for use as wallpaper on your computer.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $10 or more
A 5x7 printed photo. Photo will be numbered & printed at optimum quality.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $25 or more
A 5x7 framed photo of your choice. Photo will be numbered & printed at optimum quality.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $100 or more
A 13x19 poster photo of your choice. Photo will be numbered & printed at optimum quality.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $500 or more
A copy of the final photo book. Book will be made using optimum quality.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012
Pledge $1,000 or more
A Large edition of the final photo book. Book will be made using optimum quality.Estimated delivery: Oct 2012